• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slawm16

Recruit
Mar 31, 2016
I play version 1.10 in which the republic of china annexes all other chinese states, which makes the game non-historical. How to fix it? How can I change it? When I played other versions, around 1945 the game crashed. Maybe you recommend some other patch? Preferably with a map from HOI2, because I did some modifications in some provinces...
Maybe you recommend some patch where there is no ghost fleet and stable in the later stages of the game? thx for help.
I hope someone else play such an old game :)

I play version 1.10 in which the republic of china annexes all other chinese states, which makes the game non-historical. How to fix it? How can I change it?
You can sleep the events, which would be in db/events/AI_Inherit_Chi - or you can just delete the contents of that folder - or edit the scenarios/1936_scenario.eug folder, and remove the line "event = "db\events\events/AI_Inherit_Chi.txt"

But those events are for the benefit of the Republic of China AI, as every AI has issues fighting in allied territory (as in they barely do!) They tend to only send forces to their own land.
When I played other versions, around 1945 the game crashed. Maybe you recommend some other patch? Preferably with a map from HOI2, because I did some modifications in some provinces...
1.11 and 1.12 have made a lot of fixes, but you might need to play at slower speeds into the late game to improve stability. We've reached 6 January 1946 online (with 9 people!) and very very rarely crash, but we do play at very slow/slow speed.
Maybe you recommend some patch where there is no ghost fleet and stable in the later stages of the game? thx for help.
1.11 removed ghost fleets (at least upon reloading a save).
I hope someone else play such an old game :)
Plenty still do, feel free to check out my online story/AAR following the campaign of 9 players (using the Improved 1936 mod - which adds even more history and depth to the game) to get a feel of what it's like playing with others.