• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 16, 2012
Hi guys of TurboTape, is there any news on how far you are wíth solving that freezing issue? I hope you´re still working on it and don´t lean back and let us users that are suffering with the bug hang in the air... Some kind of short info would be really much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I think that I've managed to find a work-around solution for the time compression bug as well as many of the crash-related bugs. I have been able to play some of the biggest scenarios from beginning to end.

Anyone wanting to know how I did it can contact me via PM and we can arrange a time to get together so that I can show what I did.

Couldn't you post it here? That way everyone can benefit from it! :)

@MeAnMe:

If you want to give it another try, play the mission without launching any air-to-air refueling planes. I think the bug lurks somewhere in the refueling routine due to my tests regarding the freezes I experienced. It could also help to pinpoint the problem in general if you - or anybody else - does not get any more freezes when deliberately not using air-to-air refueling.

Cheers abirner,
Just gave that a go and on convoy 13 no return? mission it's gone from crashing every single time (tried at least 6-7 times) to success first go with no issues.

I did everything exactly the same as previous attempts except for launching air to air refuel planes (they all stayed grounded).

I see there is some activity from devs on the forum now (well another post from BjornB at least), so please look into the code for air to air refueling and make this game as good as it could be.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Same scenario (no 3D units on) and I just watched. A couple of enemy missiles hit my Aegis - and then freeze. The game never crashes - the clock still runs - but units stop moving (freeze up). Completely unplayable. I do not recall this problem before the last patch.

Hello again!

From what I understand the game does not contain any caps on the amount of units you can launch at once which means that anyone can make the game freeze/crash by adding infinite amounts of carriers launching their aircrafts all at once (depending on your computer when it will freeze up). Did anyone manage to find a way of reproducing the issue under "normal" circumstances that works every time?

It probably is directed at my test. As I said - it's only for convenience of launching the planes. You can easily repeat it with two carriers ONLY (altough it will not be 100% consistent - sometimes it will not crash). Launch the planes and helos, select them and assign them to a patrol route. BAM!.

More life-like scenario? 2 SAGs with Kirovs and Slavas vs two AC groups. Hardly "Unlimited". Arm most of the planes with ASuW. Launch at SAGs. Moment when SAGs will detect incoming threat and start to launch SAMs the game will crash (or maybe 10 secs later). For now Naval War: AC works reliably only on small scenarios with few planes and surface ships.

Edit: On the other hand - if "anyone can make the game freeze/crash by adding infinite amounts of carriers launching their aircrafts all at once" (by the way - the game will not crash at launching planes, it will crash when you select them and i.e. send to patrol route) it means that the nature of the problem is known - and any software tester/developer will then try to go from there checking WHY the game is crashing at that circumstances. It's not bound directly to processing power of the CPU - CPU usage goes to 0 when the game freezes, and all the time game is working as single-threaded using 25% power of I5. If it was bound to computing power, the game should start to stutter first and not be playable with ie. 72 objects and freezing with 80.

Last edited:
Edit: On the other hand - if "anyone can make the game freeze/crash by adding infinite amounts of carriers launching their aircrafts all at once" (by the way - the game will not crash at launching planes, it will crash when you select them and i.e. send to patrol route) it means that the nature of the problem is known - and any software tester/developer will then try to go from there checking WHY the game is crashing at that circumstances. It's not bound directly to processing power of the CPU - CPU usage goes to 0 when the game freezes, and all the time game is working as single-threaded using 25% power of I5. If it was bound to computing power, the game should start to stutter first and not be playable with ie. 72 objects and freezing with 80.
Exactly. Like I said: when you have a program eating resources you notice it. You don't see your CPU usage going to 0.
A pretty good point, in my opinion. Apparently it hasn't been heard

Thanks for the info. It's good to know it has nothing to do with computing power.

I was going to buy an i7 just to get the game to run ;)

I reinstalled recently and no freeze bug so far. Will need to investigate further, but may need to eat my words on that problem. :happy:

I reinstalled recently and no freeze bug so far. Will need to investigate further, but may need to eat my words on that problem. :happy:

*crossing fingers*