• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I'm very sorry to hear that no solution has been found to this issue yet. Sadly I can not do so much myself to help resolve it (running fine on my machine) and I'm no developer. But I just wanted to explain something though. When we say that we have been unable to reproduce the issue we don't say it doesn't exist which some people seem to believe. Anyone familiar with software development probably knows that in order to fix bugs you need to know what is triggering them and this is where the whole reproduction bit comes into play.

In short, we ARE working on it and we all wish it was easier to find the solution. I understand your frustration and can only ask for further help collecting information that can help us figure it all out. Our sincere apologies for the slow progress.

Best Regards
BjornB

Guys, just try this and tell me if it happens only on my machine:
- Create scenario with 12 Nimitz class ACs with default wing onboard
- run it
- select all groups (left mouse button drag)
- click air operations button (plane ;) ) - it can take few seconds to open
- from left side drop down menu select F-35C
- from right side drop down menu select AttackSurface
- click on the F-35s until all of them are added to the launch queue (top window is full, botom one is empty)
- send them all to patrol on the map (right mouse button drag)

Game locks up in about 5 seconds. It's easy to observe as the CPU load will drop to 0%

I tried doing what you said and it froze my game as well. But is this really related to the freezing issues reported earlier (I was under the impression that happened during "normal" missions)? It will be looked into nonetheless. Thank you!

If people have other instructions like these, feel free to share!

Best Regards

Hey, did you stop any work on fixing the freezing bug? Haven´t seen any information since beginning of July.

No. Nothing new to report lately though :/

I really wish I had something to add here :/ Also, I'm out of the office atm (vacation) as well. But I will do my best to follow up on this once I get back.

Hello again!

From what I understand the game does not contain any caps on the amount of units you can launch at once which means that anyone can make the game freeze/crash by adding infinite amounts of carriers launching their aircrafts all at once (depending on your computer when it will freeze up). Did anyone manage to find a way of reproducing the issue under "normal" circumstances that works every time?

I reinstalled recently and no freeze bug so far. Will need to investigate further, but may need to eat my words on that problem. :happy:

*crossing fingers*