• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Battle bunny

General
27 Badges
Sep 12, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hey there everybody! I wanted to do an AAR about EU2, but it seems like these forums are dead... If there is anyone here reading, and if you're interested in an AAR, please reply! If there are enough people I'm gonna start one, and you will be able to choose the country from a selection of 4-5 countries.

I'm finishing an EU2 AAR in Spanish, so you may count with me to read you, too. And even if I wasn't writting that one, I always like good AARs.

Always interested in new AARs.

If you build it, they will come!

Okay then! I want to make an AGCEEP 1.57 AAR, history book style (I'm pretty bad at narratives, so don't expect much of that from me). Since conquest upon conquest with a major doesn't make for fun reading, I also want to do a rather minor power. So, here are the options I was thinking of:

• Bahmanid Empire - A muslim country right in the middle of India, often under attack by various Hindu states and eventually split up quite a bit via events, turning the remains into Shiite Golconda. Possible goals include: survival, conquering and Islamizing India.
  • Ormuz - Another muslim sultanate, this time in southeastern Arabia, it is a target of Portuguese and Persians due to its strategic position. Possible goals include conquest of Arabia and further Arabic lands if possible.
  • Granada - aka the Re-Reconquista; an attempt to conquer Spain once again and gain back Islam's foothold in Europe. Probably a pretty big challenge since Granada doesn't get the best events in the game either. Goals: survive, then unite and convert Iberia.
  • Pomerania - Most Europeans are either too easy or are one-province minors which are a pain to play, but Pomerania might be interesting. It can form either Poland or the Kingdom of Germany if it fulfills certain conditions. A Pomerania turned Poland even has German culture! Goals include forming either of those and then continuing with them in typical fashion.

Vote for whichever one you want!

Well, yeah, they do... Basically, it's like the Timurid Empire, except that it starts out less powerful and doesn't get a huge load of bonuses after its collapse (in fact, it gets more of another kick in the shin). But that's the fun in it, no?

Here's one of those crippling events for anyone interested - consider it a bit of a preview if you want to vote for the Bahmanids:

Code:
#(1489-1520) The Disintegration of Bahmanid Empire
event = {
	id = 30332
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 550 data = -1 } #Maharashtra
			owned = { province = 551 data = -1 } #Khandesh
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = THE
	name = "EVENTNAME30332" #Disintegration of the Bahmani Sultanate
	desc = "EVENTHIST30332"
	#-#After the false accusation and execution of Mahmud Gawan, the Bahmani Sultanate slowly fell into decline. In 1489-90 the governors of Ahmadnagar and Bijapur declared their independence, and Bidar followed up soon after. The ruler of the Bahmani Sultanate became a mere figurehead in the hands of the cunning Qasim Barid. The last sultan disappeared on his way to Mekkah, and with him the Bahmani dynasty came to an end.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1489 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1520 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME30332A" #Let's the Empire fall apart and depose the ruler
		command = { type = independence which = U02 }
		command = { type = independence which = DAM }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = 1 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 5 }
		command = { type = infra value = -300 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 30333 } #U02: The Sultanate of Ahmadnagar
		command = { type = trigger which = 360000 } #DAM: The Sultanate of Bijapur
	}
}

Okay, I've waited 3 days but so far, there were only two votes. Thanks for the votes from you two; but I would like everyone else who is interested to vote as well, 'cause I'd really like to know how many of you are interested enough to take a second glance at this. If this gets off I'll write more regularly, but until then, I'm asking those who have replied and are following this to be a bit patient... Thanks!

Right, that's enough waiting. If nobody else bothers to post I'll just start and we'll see how many people are following. I'll create another thread soon, where the AAR itself will be written.

Hello people,

it is time for another match of EU2. I have to admit that it is my favorite Paradox game, although I never wrote an AAR about it. This must change. If there should be enough interest, I`d make one, but I`m not sure about which country to play. I`d favor something north/east european. So either Moscow, Lithuania, Poland or maybe Sweden.

Thoughts? Interest?

You should write the AAR in this thread and then we can change the thread's title to reflect the title of the AAR. No big deal, just PM one of the AARland Demi-Mods or Full Mods.

Okay, there are two options:

Poland - This would be a pretty static game with Poland being the guy that keeps eastern europe (and that means Russia, Sweden and Austria) in the balance

Moscow - Leroy-Jenkins-expansion from St. Petersburg to China.

The format will be a history book AAR with an introduction and one chapter per ruler.

I beg everyone to vote for one of these two options. Thank you.

I love unanimous votes. :laugh:

It is Moscow then. So prepare for "Grand Duchy to Empire. A brief history of Russia". Coming next weekend.

I am interested in following an EU2 AAR, since I have never played any other Paradox Game. My votes would go to Bahmanid Empire (Battle bunny) and Muscowy (Stuckenschmidt). I have lurked these forums for years, without posting much, some of you might remember my only AAR ever written (Dreams about Balkan Empire: Bulgaria). I installed the game again about a week ago and after 25th of January, if my university exams go well, I will probably consider writting another AAR (either Songhai or Mali using AGCEEP 1.57). Until then, I wish the best of luck to everyone who will contribute to revival of this forum once again :)