• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you can hook up multiplayer-players through steam too? (only game i really play is HoI or DH. so i'm pretty newb at what does what) Did a little run a couple of hours ago with gameranger. joined a game, seemed to go ok, but then the speed went up and then after a little while the game just "crashed" and i was looking at something along the lines of "connection broken".
does that mean he quit? cuz i seemed to still be online. as i said i'm a newb at multiplayer and gaming in general. Have been playing HoI for years though, and I'm pretty decent at that.
How do guys here prefer to play multiplayer? I'm a junkie of the pause button, and I do like to play a slow game.

I use Gameranger, and play with one pause a month for players; slow speed for the most part. Gameranger sometimes freezes the game for some players, so we rehost every 3 months to maintain smooth connection.

EDIT: I am Maximillie on Gameranger by the way

Reactions:
GameRanger to host, I only shared my Steam name for communication as it unfortunately cannot host AoD/DH games. Patient players are the best kind! Both the DH and AoD games I'm in play on the slow speed with no explicit restriction on pausing, but implicit agreement not too hold up others for too long.

How's that 1914 game going? any way to get in. a smaller allied country or something
It's going very well, it's 1915 and the war seems to be currently in favour of the Central Powers, but it's a close run thing at the moment. I've messaged you about it.

Of course! You'll have to be a minor: Canada, British Raj, Bulgaria, Australia are all free.

You'll need a Game Ranger account too, it's free to have one. Next session is currently unknown, but might be Tuesday next week. Add me on GameRanger, my user is 'Mr_B0narpte', and my Steam user is 'MarleyTown'.