Anyone running Cities Skylines: at 32:9 'Super' Ultra Wide?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DigiDave

Sergeant
28 Badges
Jan 19, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
SOLVED:

I got the game running in 32:9 by using the following mod: (Menu bar all good!)
More Aspect Ratios

Be sure to enable it before you check the options.

DOING THIS PROCESS FROM SCRATCH:
If your still having trouble try deleting the gameSettings.cgs file [C:Users\"name of computer"\AppData\Local\ColossalOrder\Cities_Skylines
Don't worry - it will auto create next time you log in. You may not need to do this but if your having trouble it might help just to reset things is all.

Unsub everything before you try this work around (deleting the settings file) then sub the above mod (More Aspect Ratios)

Now having done the above ... Launch game - enable the aspect ratio Mod ... goto settings and hopefully like me, you will get your 32:9 back (after having reinstalled the game!)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm not sure it will work, but have you tried the dynamic resolution mod? I know it scales, but I'm not sure if it will change resolutions.

I believe some have gotten AMD's eyefinity multimonitor support. and they were able to do it on a single ultrawide monitor. I think nvidia's surround is the same thing, but not sure how well it supports multi-monitors. AMD does it much better, but I haven't use it in a very long time. so maybe nvidia has caught up by now.

I'm not sure it will work, but have you tried the dynamic resolution mod? I know it scales, but I'm not sure if it will change resolutions.

I believe some have gotten AMD's eyefinity multimonitor support. and they were able to do it on a single ultrawide monitor. I think nvidia's surround is the same thing, but not sure how well it supports multi-monitors. AMD does it much better, but I haven't use it in a very long time. so maybe nvidia has caught up by now.

TY for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have had no luck with that mod either.
As for surround options I avoid them at all cost as that introduces distortion / fisheye effect everytime I use it.

It's OK - I will go back to playing in 16:9 or just wait a few more years. 16:9 is now becoming a norm with many games. I'm even getting 32:9 with many newer games and a few old one's like No Man's Sky that support my super ultrawide. I just thought I would ask as you never know it you don't. Currently there is not one youtube video of cities skylines at 32:9.

I'm thinking of purchasing a 21:9 for another desk and may just use it like I did with my previous 21:9 before selling it for the 32:9. I'll be keeping the 32:9 as MSFS2020 looks fantastic on it.

At any rate, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

Capture d’écran (8).png
Capture d’écran (9).png

With a mod it's work, but it's not stable. So I forget this idea. Even in 16:9 when you have a lot of pop the game isn't stable so imagine in 32:9.

• 1Like
Reactions: