• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Pirateiam
Ok Horrorshow I will put you on the list. Can you right code for events/AI?

Yup. Not that it's exactly a thrill. :D

I've been focusing on German AI events lately, specifically non-war related events that affected dissent/production. For example the scandal of Goering having an affair with a younger woman, that sort of thing. Looking mostly for the esoteric stuff that still had an impact, since I'm sure everyone else is already hip to the well known events.

Not adverse to being assigned a country to focus on for events. Lately been reading about Germany alot, but have some Soviet and Japanese familiarity as well, but I'm up for anything.

Originally posted by Horrorshow
Lately been reading about Germany alot, but have some Soviet and Japanese familiarity as well, but I'm up for anything.

If you've got good sources on Nomonhan Incident, Khalkin Ghol, Panay Incident, Kiri Project and Japanese long-term plans for China prior to the breakdown in peace negotiations then I'll be very interested in getting your input on the events I've been writing up.

The latest version (not yet on the web) is at the stage where everything seems to run ok except that Japan is sometimes stuck with the wrong AI file and one event is refusing to fire :( although it works okay if invoked from the console. Anyway, it's definitely approaching the tweaking stage and 1.0 release so now is the time to provide input :D

Yup. Not that it's exactly a thrill. :D

I've been focusing on German AI events lately, specifically non-war related events that affected dissent/production. For example the scandal of Goering having an affair with a younger woman, that sort of thing. Looking mostly for the esoteric stuff that still had an impact, since I'm sure everyone else is already hip to the well known events.

Not adverse to being assigned a country to focus on for events. Lately been reading about Germany alot, but have some Soviet and Japanese familiarity as well, but I'm up for anything.

Go ahead Horror and start working on German events. I would like to nominate someone as the "Major Nation event leader" to help manage that part of this project are you interested?

Originally posted by N!ghtY
Followed that thread a while now and i'd be glad if i could help.

Preferred: :D

- AI scripting
- hands off (2 pcs)
- general gameplay and gimmicks (music, graphics..)

I can also offer unlimited webspace but only at 256kbps...

I hope very much that this develops well!

Ok N!GHTY got you down on list. Welcome to the team.
I downloaded your music expansion and I like the idea of more music/graphics. Interested in leading this part of the project?

New leaders & leader pictures

I'd be happy to see if I can find pictures for exsisting leaders without them. And if countries are being assigned for new leaders, I'll take whatevers open. I'll need a list of exsisting leaders with and w/o pictures included on both HOI 1.03, and the mods currently out there. Anyone have that information in document form?

Okay found a good site with a complete listing of Generals for all the minor nations you mentioned Has listings of term of service Birth and Death things like that No pictures though so still looking for what i can dig up there also no write up on them So still looking, So you have an Idea of what skill level and traits to assign. Did find a Romainian Site that has pictures for all there generals My lap top is down and I've never played Romainia so I'm not sure if there's pictures for there leaders.

How about we create fantasy forum leaders? :D They would be named after us, and would have our picture... it would be fun, although entirely unhistorical. :)

Concerning the link for Romanian Army... That site was used in the production process. So I doubt you'll find new pictures there, let alone info.

Originally posted by Pirateiam
I would like to nominate someone as the "Major Nation event leader" to help manage that part of this project are you interested?

I'd love to be event leader but being a single dad to 3 kids and working takes so much time I couldn't give it the attention it needs. I'll just be one of those nameless minions toiling in the background for now. If no one steps up I'll take it, but let me get my feet wet first. I'll focus on Germany atm.

Steel: I'm certainly no expert, but I'd be glad to assist to any degree I could. You seem to be pretty up on all that, but I have some websites you might find useful:

Nomonhan
John Colvin: Nomonhan

Summary and Useful Links

Japanese sites with unit details for most of the incidents

Panay Incident
Quick Summary

Maps, Pics, detail and source list of the incident

Kiri Project
I know that's what the settlement discussions with China were called, but not much more than that I'm afraid.

I'll focus on Germany for now, but I'd be glad to play Devil's Advocate anytime you like. :D

To save an additional post: Should we give each of the countries under work a seperate thread? Not an issue just yet, but once work gets seriously started there's going to be a ton of posts. Just a thought.

Edit to say I just saw Steel has already started that, never mind. :)

Last edited:
This gets going VEERy slowly :D

core_mod_gag.jpg

Steel: I'm certainly no expert, but I'd be glad to assist to any degree I could. You seem to be pretty up on all that, but I have some websites you might find useful:

Thanks for the links, it verified the information I already had. Can never get enough sources :D