Anyone Have a Problem Finding Successor to Besieger/Huntsman?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

junassa

General
54 Badges
May 10, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
So I tried the "seek worthy successor" option twice for my accolade, and twice got a knight, and twice I couldn't make that knight the successor. He didn't show up in the UI. I brought the second one back into my court and this is what I see in the knight UI:

2023_06_07_1.png
2023_06_07_2.png

He doesn't even show up as eligible to be made knight.

I would make a bug report but you know, playing with mods yadda yadda.

Reactions:
So I tried the "seek worthy successor" option twice for my accolade, and twice got a knight, and twice I couldn't make that knight the successor. He didn't show up in the UI. I brought the second one back into my court and this is what I see in the knight UI:

View attachment 993418View attachment 993419

He doesn't even show up as eligible to be made knight.

I would make a bug report but you know, playing with mods yadda yadda.

Is it possible that his prowess is too low for him to be your knight? He's shown in the picture as your courtier, not your knight. You would have to force him to be a knight in the normal knight overview and then he should show up as a possible successor.

Sometimes your knights are also not updated if you are already fighting a war or are in a tournament.

Edit: I just realized that you are using a mod, I don't know if that maybe causes the issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is also a complete list of the requirements for the different accolades on the wiki. It's a bit tiresome but once you know which traits you need you can search for appropriate candidates in the character search and try to invite them to your court.

Is it possible that his prowess is too low for him to be your knight? He's shown in the picture as your courtier, not your knight. You would have to force him to be a knight in the normal knight overview and then he should show up as a possible successor.

Sometimes your knights are also not updated if you are already fighting a war or are in a tournament.

Edit: I just realized that you are using a mod, I don't know if that maybe causes the issue.

He should show up with the 13s on the list to the right but he doesn't.

Checking the wiki, one of the problems is that I shouldn't even have the accolade without the innovation mangonels (just turned feudal). I think that's why I can't actually fulfill the successor role but not why I was able to form the accolade in the first place nor why I can't make him a knight.

I think I figured it out. My culture doesn't have mangonels but the knight's (the one I created the accolade with) did.

Reactions:
I'm having difficulties with successors to everything. It feels like every time one of my Acclaimed Knights dies, the succession is emptied out or multiple successions happen at once, and the accolade becomes inactive.

I think I figured it out. My culture doesn't have mangonels but the knight's (the one I created the accolade with) did.

Cant be the reason. is huntsman the primary? that is the only one that is required for a successor. Be a knight, 8 prowess + & for huntsmaster i think it only requires hunter?

i can find successors for mine, i tried to check. Hunter trait isnt too hard to get, go on hunts and get your champions to join. maybe hastiluder trait is required as well.

we should be allowed to see "potentional" successors, as long as they meet requirements besides being our knight. honestly being a knight shouldnt even be a requirement, them being eligible to be knights should be all that matters (so men in male dominated societies) as long as they have the +8 prowess.

also seeing if our successors have both attributes or just the main accolade attribute would be good as well.

Cant be the reason. is huntsman the primary? that is the only one that is required for a successor. Be a knight, 8 prowess + & for huntsmaster i think it only requires hunter?

i can find successors for mine, i tried to check. Hunter trait isnt too hard to get, go on hunts and get your champions to join. maybe hastiluder trait is required as well.

we should be allowed to see "potentional" successors, as long as they meet requirements besides being our knight. honestly being a knight shouldnt even be a requirement, them being eligible to be knights should be all that matters (so men in male dominated societies) as long as they have the +8 prowess.

also seeing if our successors have both attributes or just the main accolade attribute would be good as well.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The accolade had besieger as primary and huntsman as secondary. This game was in the 1066 start playing as Manding and somehow I got a Sardinian when I searched for knights.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The accolade had besieger as primary and huntsman as secondary. This game was in the 1066 start playing as Manding and somehow I got a Sardinian when I searched for knights.

Unless you edited the title you were perfectly clear and im just blind. im dyslectic, gets the better of me xD i honestly didnt even see that you wrote besieger/huntsman, that is pretty clear as besieger is listed in front which would make it the primary. glad you found out tho :)

Do you know if Accolades go inactive every time? i had a successor & accolade and when the acclaimed knight died it got inactive,only noticed because a pop-up decision to reinstate accolades came up.

Do you know if Accolades go inactive every time? i had a successor & accolade and when the acclaimed knight died it got inactive,only noticed because a pop-up decision to reinstate accolades came up.

Pretty sure it goes inactive whenever you don't have any knights that fulfill the requirements.