• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Being a Victoria Revolutions (tbh Ricky VIP) relatively late player (2008-ish) I bought Victoria 2 in 2010, but only installed it in 2013.
That's because I was still completely busy splitting my POPs, creating Anarcho-Liberal monster Nations, forming Scandinavia, taking Republic of Austria into the roaring 20's and assureing it a blossoming Colonial Empire... you know, just enjoying Ricky VIP at its best.

At first I didn't like Vicky2 at all, I couldn't come up with the Sphere thing, the budget was always going down, what does in the world the national focus actually do, and how am I supposed to grow my nation if I can't split POP's?
I stopped playing Vicky2 and got back to good old Ricky VIP for a couple of years still, before finally get into Vicky2 and since then I have only run Ricky VIP 2-3 times.

There's no point in spotting differences between First and Secdond title, they are two completely different games. I enjoy Vicky2 more, yet I miss the economic and population system of Ricky VIP.

Ricky VIP is still one of my all time top 10 favourite, it's a piece of heart. I have it on CD (well, Ricky Vanilla, tbh) and on Steam, I really hope as long as there will be a working PC on this planet I would still be able to enjoy it.