Any way to un-ironman a save file?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bubbas

Captain
104 Badges
Jan 7, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Anyone know if there is a way to convert an ironman save into a regular save?

I'm asking because in my current save I found a character with insane stats and wanted to swap over to him to try to figure out how he got them.

Here is Mr. Insane-Stats https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2264228698
I don't know if it's possible to de-ironman a save manually, but can you just load it in debug mode?

Btw, you can just hover over each individual stat and it will tell you exactly what went into it. :)

Reactions:
there are a few people that have posted the answer. have a search

Reactions:
Those stats are insane.

You can launch in debug mode. Then use console commands. This will prevent you from achievements however. Not sure if you can de Ironman though.

1. Right click on Crusader Kings 3.
  2. Select 'Properties'
  3. Click the 'General' tab.
  4. Click 'Set Launch Options'
  5. Add '-debug_mode' to the launch options.
  6. Launch the game.

Reactions:
Those stats are insane.

You can launch in debug mode. Then use console commands. This will prevent you from achievements however. Not sure if you can de Ironman though.

1. Right click on Crusader Kings 3.
  2. Select 'Properties'
  3. Click the 'General' tab.
  4. Click 'Set Launch Options'
  5. Add '-debug_mode' to the launch options.
  6. Launch the game.
Thanks for the help and good explanation.

Unfortunally this did not help me much in uncovering why he had these stats. Only thing weird I found was the base, target and current weight values as shown in the first picture here. Also the stats all just have frikking huge base values without any explanation to them either, as shown in the other pictures. Starting to think I might have stumbled on a weird bug or something . . .

Attachments

• insane_0.jpg
    insane_0.jpg
    132,6 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_1.jpg
    insane_1.jpg
    24,2 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_2.jpg
    insane_2.jpg
    25,8 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_3.jpg
    insane_3.jpg
    15,1 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_4.jpg
    insane_4.jpg
    33,6 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_5.jpg
    insane_5.jpg
    33,9 KB · Views: 0
  • insane_6.jpg
    insane_6.jpg
    15,6 KB · Views: 0
Weight is how much the character weighs (pounds/kilograms).

As for this character, considering the base stats are really high, I'd assume either he is created that way to match a real person's historical skill levels or else this is a vanity character or Easter egg character. You can find other characters with really high stats and/or a lot of extra main traits (rather than just the 3 that most get) throughout the game. Marrying them into your dynasty can certainly be a benefit.

Thanks for the help and good explanation.

Unfortunally this did not help me much in uncovering why he had these stats. Only thing weird I found was the base, target and current weight values as shown in the first picture here. Also the stats all just have frikking huge base values without any explanation to them either, as shown in the other pictures. Starting to think I might have stumbled on a weird bug or something . . .
Weight is how much the character weighs (pounds/kilograms).

As for this character, considering the base stats are really high, I'd assume either he is created that way to match a real person's historical skill levels or else this is a vanity character or Easter egg character. You can find other characters with really high stats and/or a lot of extra main traits (rather than just the 3 that most get) throughout the game. Marrying them into your dynasty can certainly be a benefit.
I had a look at the game files and the only trace I found of this guy's name was in the name list for the Tamil culture. He doesn't seem to be listed among the Easter egg characters. His existence is a mystery. :)

Do you have any mods enabled, @bubbas?

PS. IIRC characters become malnourished at -50 weight. That guy is headed in a dangerous direction and should eat something. :D