Any way to increase skill of tech teams?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LRJ

Second Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
Are there any events or decisions that increase the skill of tech teams? The 'Invest in National Research' (or similar name?) decision just gives blueprints. If not, can this be coded? What are the relevant commandlines to add to the events/decisions?

The 'Invest in National Research' (or similar name?) decision just gives blueprints.
It increases also the research-modifier which has the same effect you're looking for.

About your other questions: I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a no.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There's a clunky way for increasing a skill of team. You have to make a copy of the teach team with a higher skill level with a start year after the games end date, 1970 in the base game, and add an event that sleeps the original tech team and wakes the improved copy. "sleepteam" and "waketeam" would be the command lines used for this.

Alternatively you can skip adding the events and have the team "naturally" get better over time by setting the original tech teams end year to a year and have the copy's be set the the following year. For example there's two copies of "Savoia-Marchetti" in Italy's tech teams. The first one has an end year of 1950 and the second one has a start year of 1951 and the addition of rocketry to its specialties.

If you really want you can edit your tech team's skills on your savefile to whatever number you want. Word of warning though: the more skill you give a tech team, the more money it costs to research.

Thanks all. It does seem a rather convoluted process - I was hoping there would be an easier commandline for an event. And noted regarding the research modifier improvement from the existing decision.