Any way to avoid "Missing empire in empire list hosting multiplayer saved game."

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JankyHoopty

Recruit
18 Badges
May 6, 2020
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
I think many people are probably familiar with the core issue - When I "Host a Save Game" in multiplayer, when the game boots up my empire is missing from the empire list. Looking around the forums the most recent references I can find to this issue are all bug reports without substantive replies.

Background info: Made a multiplayer game, I own all of the non-species pack DLC, my 2 buddies don't own any of the DLC, none of us are using mods. We played for 4 hours, saved the game, and then this happened.

Workaround I am aware of: Have someone else host the game - but this seems to result in a smattering of DLC that is on or off? Or maybe it is all off? Unsure.

My question for you all: I don't expect any of you to be able to fix it, but I'm curious if there is something we can do to guarantee that we don't have this issue. I don't have any idea what would cause this and theories no the web appear to be all over the place. Can someone update me with the current thinking around this? Or even just if it is hopeless?

Obviously, it is quite a deterrent from playing multiplayer with buddies if this happens. Any reasonable mp game will go on long enough that I am guaranteed not to do it in one sitting.

Any help or other advice appreciated as well. Thanks!

Edit: To be clear, I have played multiplayer games in the past with one of the same two people and haven't had this issue with past saves. It is that inconsistency that made me want to reach out and see if there is a pattern others are aware of that I may have missed...

Last edited: