• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very good guide! Thank you! :)
But you forgot one thing for Soviet. Not even they have all to much manpower. Even with the right ministers, a long war with Germany, depending on reinforcements and new divisions will make the manpower to become low. Don't know for China, since I don't play them too oft.

RobbieAB1981 said:
I thought all units were guaranteed a single shot, even with -99% modifiers.
I believe this is the case. This makes pure mil '36 the best units to build when you absolutely, positively, have to attack the top of a mountain at night, in the snow, from the beach...they're never at worse than a 50% modifier for both toughness and soft attack.

blue emu said:
Correct... although some players have argued that the early-war French really should be handicapped by inferior GDE rather than inferior Tech Teams... as currently implimented, only the USSR is subject to a GDE penalty.

i would agree, lower GDE and bad leaders, almost as bad as Italy, at least initially. inferior tech teams only mimic in some way the difficulty of french supreme staff to catch the idea of modern warfare...

What is the effectiveness of a 23 MIL and 1 HQ verses the same IC days with INF?

And what about assault concentration. By ART adding +30 to org and morale, does that make MIL+ART a good combo?

stryker1942 said:
What is the effectiveness of a 23 MIL and 1 HQ verses the same IC days with INF?

The whole brilliance of militia is when used in combination with infantry. Why? Because infantry has the fire power, and militia soaks up the bullets. They are cannon fodder.

So, what happens when you throw cannon fodder to the wolves? They get shredded!

Indeed the Militia 36 model is not quite good on its own (The 43 and 47(?) models on the other hand are golden).

Mil+ART is not so good in the unmodified game. But with these modifications it might very well have a point.