Any ideas for new, non-European decisions?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

greywulfos

Captain
27 Badges
Jun 8, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
CK3, thankfully, has a fair bit more content available present outside of the western European sphere compared to CK2 at launch. But, what's readily apparent is that, in spite of this, the game still HEAVILY lacks content outside of that region: in Europe, you've got a variety of random flavour decisions present, from founding the HRE and restoring Carolingian borders, to instituting French legal codes, and forming Austria.

Meanwhile, in India, becoming the Chakravarti is an option, as well as taking stewardship of the Ganges... but that's really it. The entire steppe region can only work toward becoming Genghis Khan-lite at the moment. And in Arabia and the Levant, you can form Rum.

Obviously, this is an area where the game really needs shoring up - so, with that in mind, does anyone have any ideas?

Personally, I think founding the Shia Caliphate should really come packaged as part of an empire-founding decision (and also the Fatimid Caliphate should really be an empire at game start to prevent them from getting partitioned by succession so heavily)

• 28Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
we did get the option to defile our rivals' corpses in Friends and Foes, but yeah, definitely - I'd LOVE to be able to pull a Taj Mahal and build enormous tombs for our deceased lovers.
Well, of course, without burials like Scythian barrows. It's also very dark, isn't it? There they buried servants and wife together with the king. The developer needs to create a nice, fantastic atmosphere, cut off the cruel reality.

It will be a Eurocentric view. Christian Europe with Christian Morality. The rest of the nations are fictional, close to Christian morality, fantastic ethics.
What does not correspond to Christianity will be cut out so as not to injure the psyche of European teenagers.

Last edited:
Reactions:
What does not correspond to Christianity will be cut out so as not to injure the psyche of European teenagers.
You say that, and yet the game allows you to do all manner of un-Christian things, and even profit thereby.

A good Christian doesn't indulge in murder, incest, theft, adultery, wanton sexual promiscuity, human sacrifice, cannibalism, witchcraft, forced concubinage, ...

• 5Like
Reactions:
At the same time, add elements of cannibalism for the Tengrian peoples: а) Cups from the skulls of dead enemies, b) eating the liver of a killed enemy, the strongest, champion.
2) The funeral of the servants together with the owner. This was practiced by the Yakuts.
3) Marriage customs - buying brides. Moreover, divorced and widowed women will cost less.
4) Inheritance of wives by the son from the father.
5) Killing old people.
6) Isolation of patients with leprosy, they were kicked out.

Reactions:
Lesson for children of the Tengrian peoples:
- in infancy, playing with a wooden toy cow,
- at a younger age, catching buntings on a loop,
- at a more mature age duck hunting.

Great Tengrian holiday. New Year for Tengrian, the month of June, when summer is the longest, and white nights in Siberia. There will be hitching posts, salama, treats of koumiss to the spirits of nature. Running competitions, equestrian competitions, archery competitions. The strongest winner gets a piece of meat and popular love.

Tengrian epic. On winter evenings, for some fee, a ram, a piece of meat or frozen milk, a storyteller is called in, who will sing all evening about the exploits of the heroes of bygone times.

Reactions:
I also think that Decisions and Interaction on dead characters should be a future part of the game. After all, so many cultures made the past part of the values that shaped politics, relationships and projects. The burials (be how they be, from culture to culture, burring or not) should get some attention. I think it would be a way in-game but also on-meta to celebrate, spur or remember characters with which you interacted in the past (and probably while playing as another character). A good incentive to keep playing the same game too.

So, Decisions like writing elegies, biographies, chronicles on the deceased; visiting the tombs/mounds/crypt of your ancestors; burring their beloved artifacts with them (and other characters being able to adventure and plunder them; be it like a distant heir of the lineage reclaiming it, or stealing the heirloom from a rival's grave)....
Its a bit nasty and eschatological yes, but the dead were almost always an important matter on the cultures. And many stories use them as part of their narrative, be it as symbols, reminders of oaths and promises (which would be a nice use of a possible Ambition system, where you take your forefather Ambition as your own), legendary figures that cement a Dynasty of Grandeur....
In the game you can commission a statue of yourself, but you should be able to do one of your ancestors too or loved ones.

These things could also give a nice interaction in Religions with a Resurrection Tradition. Or even having to please your ancestors, in exchange for blessings and protection.
Or in times of plague and disease... having to move away or burn tombs, for sanitary reason, but having some real loses from it.

Of course, the problem is that every culture in the period of the game, has a different way to deal with the dead in different times - in its mindset and the disposal or keeping of the physical corpse. So it could be really worksome to make a number of different ways and mechanics that represent at least most of them. But who knows. It could have a whole swath of different interesting Decisions based on merely interactions with the dead.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Decision to form the Sharqi kingdom of Jaunpur or Ahmadnagar Sultanate or something similar. A African ruled Kingdom in Deccan india.

Or some other decisions related to africans in india. seems to be more than one "Habashi/Habshi" (slave) who rise to power in india.

Some of them are after the end date tho. ( Ethiopian Bengal Shahzada Khoja Barbak) & Malik Ambar.

Something to honor the Chola?

Establish The Grand Duchy of Lithuania -Two different decisions or outcomes based on if you are pagan or christian? for the commonwealth/ poland lithuania.
(wops, thats in europe.)

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Decision to form the Sharqi kingdom of Jaunpur or Ahmadnagar Sultanate or something similar. A African ruled Kingdom in Deccan india.

Or some other decisions related to africans in india. seems to be more than one "Habashi/Habshi" (slave) who rise to power in india.

Some of them are after the end date tho. ( Ethiopian Bengal Shahzada Khoja Barbak) & Malik Ambar.

Something to honor the Chola?

Establish The Grand Duchy of Lithuania -Two different decisions or outcomes based on if you are pagan or christian? for the commonwealth/ poland lithuania.
All of these sound super cool! Although, admittedly, I think it would be hard to implement a decision like that given that you have to start as a noble in CK3, meaning you can't be a slave who rises to power from obscurity.

Honestly, on the topic of slaves... There really needs to be more stuff for interacting with the Ghilman. Like, it's so weird how they're just a tech for countries in the gulf at the moment considering the insane impact the practice had on history

• 2Like
Reactions:
It would interesting to see the Ahom migration during the 1200s into modern-day Assam added into the game. The event could create an new hybrid culture called Assamese between the Kamrupi and Ahom immigrants. It would give a little flavour to a region on the very far end of the CK3 map.

• 9Like
Reactions:
It would interesting to see the Ahom migration during the 1200s into modern-day Assam added into the game. The event could create an new hybrid culture called Assamese between the Kamrupi and Ahom immigrants. It would give a little flavour to a region on the very far end of the CK3 map.
Give them tradition jungle fighter, stalwart defenders.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chola empire should have a unique sea based empire decision like north sea empire of denmark.
Honestly that actually sounds really cool, but imo that should probably wait until the map gets expanded?

It'd be a bit weird since it would essentially only cover the southeastern part of the deccan empire at the moment

Reactions:
It's in Europe, but I've discovered just how underwhelming the Found the Kingdom of Bosnia is as a decision.

1670261362278.png

Here you can see that I've gathered all of the territories needed to found Bosnia, but I can't yet take the decision because my culture isn't yet in the Early Medieval. However, I can take the Found a New Kingdom decision, which would let me instantly assimilate Dubrovnik into Bosnia, or I could just create the Kingdom of Croatia and absorb all of Croatia's de jure land into my kingdom. Since I can change name and CoA, the resulting kingdom is really no more or less different from the decision for Bosnia.

1670261593797.png

When I take the decision, "My legacy shall be remembered for centuries!" earns me 350 Fame, which is a poor gift. If, instead of 300 gold and 200 prestige to form Bosnia, I choose 500 gold to form Croatia, I'm rewarded with 400 prestige (which comes with 400 fame) and twice the de jure land.

I feel like it's not much of a reward for doing something different from the base game.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Having slave trading generally would be good so it can be dynamic
I agree but it should be done tastefully, and not just be swapping NPCs with other rulers, which is not exactly realistic.

More about boosting construction, special troops, options for wives, and ex slave trait, selling them after a war in africa for a gdp boost.