• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Horrux

Captain
77 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • King Arthur II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris
  • Heir to the Throne
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I have been replaying the first, and darn is it ever good.

Is there any hope at all that Neocore will make a 3rd KA game, one that is more like the first?

That's the only strategy game where cavalry really works as it should. Trampling everything on my way is so fun and offers awesome possibilities (and awesome fails when my cavalry just tramples a handful men while missing most by a few). Total war cavalry feels so bland since I played KA...

KA II was quite good too IMO, the balance was just better overall (especially with abilities). It missed some of the freedom of KA I but in the other hand it was still heavily scripted in the main campaign. The extensions of KA I allowed for more freedom but the map is too small/the AI not competent enough to offer a long challenge.

In the meantime, I realize that Neocore now publishes their own titles.

Deathtrap reuses so much graphics and code from the Van Helsing series, it is downright disgusting. They aren't making new games, they are reworking the parts from their existing games into "new" ish ones.

So I don't think we can ever expect any new KA game... At best, they might rework the parts of the first 2 games into a "new" one? :(

The Kings Crusade had many similarities with KA, though it was so buggy I could never pushed it past the 2nd or 3rd mission... Perhaps the mission system could have developped a different enough feel but the little I played felt like a copy paste with crusade flavour.

Reactions:
To me it's unfortunate that the name is "King Arthur". They could take the engine and make a game in France for example, I'm sure they have their own set of legends and myths that I know little about, as everything we seem to get is the English myths and legends.

Reactions: