• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you mean by hidden fact's?
This game is a sandbox game if you like you could even play with everything unlocked from the first few seconds.

Only secret I can think of is the Chirpnado. It's a rare event that happens if you have Natural Disasters DLC, where a tornado with little Chirpies goes through your city improving whatever it touches.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It is a game, it is more like you need to learn the rules of a new game.

Things like:

a 16k vehicle limit and 64k citizen limit

workers will walk 12-blocks (1km) to work.

All forms of pollution (water, ground, and noise) are fatal to residential.

There is no sickness in the game, just poisoning. so if you keep pollution away from residential then no one gets sick then you won't need health care.

There is no penalty for unemployed cims. They will happily stay home and collect full pay and not make any complaints.

Residential is the most profitable base game mechanic. So keep residential fully educated for quick leveling of your buildings as it is based on education levels.

etc.

64k citizen limit
Just to clarify for newer players, this limit is how many citizens can be simulated at any one time. The actual hard limit to number of citizens total in your city is somewhere around 1,000,000.

I actually don't know if there are any consequences for hitting the 64K citizen cap as there are for 16K vehicles.

Yes, the 16k and 64k limits are active cims on the map (agents). Stationary cars or cims at home don't count.

For the record, 64k citizen is just as crippling. Mine was so bad that I removed all transportation lines, and my agents dropped to 25k. Then my simulation speed went from 20-seonds for a single day, to about 4 seconds per day.

Now I avoid transportation and it is only used in a must have situations. Usually for tourist traps, or industrial complexes.

Yes, the 16k and 64k limits are active cims on the map (agents). Stationary cars or cims at home don't count.

For the record, 64k citizen is just as crippling. Mine was so bad that I removed all transportation lines, and my agents dropped to 25k. Then my simulation speed went from 20-seonds for a single day, to about 4 seconds per day.

Now I avoid transportation and it is only used in a must have situations. Usually for tourist traps, or industrial complexes.
That's interesting. I guess the game stops simulating the citizen once they're in a car and simulates them again only once they get out.

How big are your cities getting? I do get slowdowns with larger cities but not as bad as that, and I tend to have stupid amounts of public transit.

Reactions:
I've helped other users on 20k cities with 16k traffic already and their cities are at a crawl. But they have huge industry, which kills traffic instantly. usually they build specialized industry on non-fertile ground, when cause them to both import and export at the same time., thus doubling the vehicle loads.

I'm not following you on stopping simulation. any agent that is moving on the map counts toward the vehicle and citizen limits. The AI has to control these at all times and it is taxing on the CPU. Transportation can hold multiple citizens, and still counts as 1 agent. The problem is that there are so many sitting around doing nothing but just sitting doing nothing, or going in constant circles all day, filling up the agent limits.

For a simple test. My Stresstest city is at around both citizen and vehicle limts. Just go in and quickly remove all transportation lines and watch the citizen agents drop to under half in no time. The city may start collapsing, as it is pre-Sunset Harbor, which messes with citizen aging and causing a ginormous senior collection as they grow old slowly and live longer now. I think it grows to 50% before settling down to about the mid 30's percentage.

StressTest city requires no DLC nor Workshop to load.

I'm not following you on stopping simulation. any agent that is moving on the map counts toward the vehicle and citizen limits.
What I meant was that a citizen driving around in a car is not simulated separately from the car. Meaning there are not two agents being simulated at that moment (the citizen and the car). Otherwise ripping out the public transit would do nothing to lower the active citizen agent count, since all those people who were taking transit now need to drive instead.

What I meant was that a citizen driving around in a car is not simulated separately from the car. Meaning there are not two agents being simulated at that moment (the citizen and the car). Otherwise ripping out the public transit would do nothing to lower the active citizen agent count, since all those people who were taking transit now need to drive instead.

Correct, a walking citizen turns into a vehicle and isn't counted twice.

But the transit system is very unoptimized and seems to allow citizen to free roam and not seemingly going anywhere. Most of the citizens are optional: tourists, shoppers, visitors, etc. So when you remove the lines, most of them just return home and stay happy. like unemployed workers do.

Considering the previous two titles from the devs were transportation simulators, they sure didn't do much justice to this game's transportation system. I guess they were too focused on moving vehicle and pedestrian traffic instead.

It has like a 1% chance of appearing, I only have the achievement for it because I found a save game on Steam.

I saw 0.4% here:

For some reason I felt like it was something odd like 1:749 (0.134%), but I can't find anything to back that up. (Maybe it was "Space Ponies"?)

I saw 0.4% here:

For some reason I felt like it was something odd like 1:749 (0.134%), but I can't find anything to back that up. (Maybe it was "Space Ponies"?)
I know it's something ridiculously small anyway.

Although look what I found!

Reactions:
Read through these few threads and you'll learn a lot.

I can't believe some of these guys haven't mentioned that you can split your road networks, create air cargo routes to factories, create double left turn lanes by using three way six-lane intersections, and more.

For example, you can deliberately fly crops across the map to a lemonade factory, then ship it out to the game world by train, ship, or plane. Simply requires orchestrating your transit network precisely.

Let alone creative transfer yards that convert various types of cargo like trains to trucks and back.

Anyway, look over these and you'll get a sense of just how detailed and functional the game really is.
Also, many explanations about how to fix certain problems like 'death waves' and the commercial/industry warnings.

You can also fit 800k people in 9 tiles if you try.

Last edited:
I saw 0.4% here:

The chances of this happening rank up there with winning the $5,000 per week for life from Publisher's Clearing House.

• 1Like
Reactions: