Any chance we might get the Uziel/Roughneck in later installments?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My greatest wish is the Clans being entirely retconned out.

I kinda doubt that's a realistic prospect, any more than undoing the death of ComStar during the Dark Ages.

It makes logical sense from a game-maker's perspective, but given the number of models PGI already has along with what they've said about the number of 'Mechs included in MW5, I find it unlikely they'll be modeling any more 3025 era 'Mechs. I think we're going to have to rely on wild success for HBS to do that themselves.

Which makes me so sad. It just seems logical they'd need more TRO:3025 and TRO:2750 designs to pad out MWO, MW and helps HBS. Yet since the HBS deal and MW5 was first announced all we've had has been the Javelin and Annhilator :(

My greatest wish is the Clans being entirely retconned out.
No. Respectfully....
It's history, it's ours and it's sacrosanct. The good, the bad and the ugly....wouldn't trade any of it..including the Jihad and Dark Age...
Even "Far Country" doesn't get banished on my shelf. There's mine....
IMG_20180226_194426.jpg
Now to move on to telling stories that haven't been told before and new ones for the future.

Clans were a mistake. Worshipping your trashborn sociopaths and their blatantly unbalanced and unfun tech doesn't make it any less true.

Clans were a mistake. Worshipping your trashborn sociopaths and their blatantly unbalanced and unfun tech doesn't make it any less true.
Nether the less Clans are part of the games lore, and are almost assuredly not going to be retconned.

Day #4 and we're already on this, huh?

The constant complaining about everything made after 1988 gets so tiresome.
Sometimes it just comes down to a Mechwarrior on their last dime in a backwater drinking hole bemoaning the loss of their family mech to a quad PPC strike from a Warhawk....so sad....

I keep wondering if the BT line developers mean to canonize the Roughneck. I could swear I heard something about that being the intent, around MechCon 2016 when it was published, but I'm not able to google up anything.

I guess you couldn't really canonize anything anyway, until such a time that a new TRO (for a suitable era) comes out. Unless I'm mistaken.

Having looked up the Roughneck... That's a good-lookin' 'Mech there, if you like heavy, chunky, industrial mayhem.
I do.
Frankly, PGI's artists almost makes the Succession Wars-era cruft tolerable to me. Almost.
I still want my FedCom Civil War era; when ClanTech was accessible in the Sphere, before the Blakist nutjobs went and ruined everything because someone Up High decided to slam the "crap, people want grimderp more than iShine, make everything like the '80s again!" button.