• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotto18

Corporal
56 Badges
Apr 5, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Just curious is there is any possibility for a sequel to this game? Really love the Paradox series of "history" games and would love to see Rome remade with the modern engine now being used. I'm not sure when Rome first came out but I don't see a lot of activity here and haven't heard anything rumor or otherwise about a sequel.

Any thoughts?

Yes there is a chance Rome II or similar is under development or will be in the future. But that game will probably be quite different from EU:Rome.

Well I would love Rome 2 being a reality but the devs just don't care about it and they have also joked about the game not being made :oops:

I guess Rome 2 will happen some day even if it's just a spiritual successor, but I would be surprised if paradox never completed their full "mega-campaign" posibility. I would enjoy a game starting some time BC and ending at WW2.

Until this happens, I recommend Imperium Universalis and Twelve Vultures. Two classical era mods for EUIV.

Judging from some developer comments, EU:R2 is unlikely and instead they would start from scratch with another game in this period. Though if so, I do hope that the government system at least transfers over, I liked those.

Watching the PDX Con stream ... Johan is wearing a Rome II shirt right now.
Shams wear the "same" shirt a year back or such. Under Rome II you can read "Romani ite domum", that's a quote from "Life of Brian" meaning "Romans go home" ... so no, this shirt is NOT something positiv to a Rome II release ...

Well I would love Rome 2 being a reality but the devs just don't care about it and they have also joked about the game not being made :oops:

I guess Rome 2 will happen some day even if it's just a spiritual successor, but I would be surprised if paradox never completed their full "mega-campaign" posibility. I would enjoy a game starting some time BC and ending at WW2.

Until this happens, I recommend Imperium Universalis and Twelve Vultures. Two classical era mods for EUIV.
They have said Rome is a "when" not an if.

They have said Rome is a "when" not an if.

Probably, but when did they say that? I was somehow expecting them to hint at something in Paradox Con 2017, but no. I have been waiting for ROME 2 since 2010... in fact Rome was the first paradox game I ever played. It's 2017 and we just got jokes. Yeah, Rome will happen but until then we can only hope good mods are created.

Watching the PDX Con stream ... Johan is wearing a Rome II shirt right now.

Yes, it's not the first time they do this. hinting at Rome 2 has become some sort of internal joke.

That's my point. They told us rome 2 is a when, not and if, but that happened several years ago.

Im sure they will end up making the game, but I guess Victoria 3 will happen first.

Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.