any chance of some adjustments to the traits section of the character ui with legends of the dead

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tilly

Colonel
52 Badges
Dec 1, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
so im assuming with plagues and epidemics, theres going to be negative health traits applied to characters. im gonna keep it real, its extrememly annoying how often the hastiluder trait gets cut off for me just through regular play - itd sure be nice if this was accounted for with the upcoming dlc. usually i have to mod in character ui overhauls just to be able to see all the traits my character has picked up over their lifetime, and that just kind of seems like something that shouldnt be fixed with modding, yknow? a scrollbar or some kind of click to expand like they did with modifiers would be real nice

im prob not gonna be around in the brief time after the dev diary is posted where the devs are paying attention so i gotta make a whole thread about it, like some kind of animal. if one of you guys could do me the favour of asking later that would be solid

• 12Like
Reactions:
O-o How many traits are you accruing? Last I checked, the vanilla limit was eighteen before it's pushed out of the trait tray.

• 3Like
Reactions:
O-o How many traits are you accruing? Last I checked, the vanilla limit was eighteen before it's pushed out of the trait tray.
yeah, and that was loads at launch, fairly difficult to go over unless you were modding in op supermen. ive found since toto and wards and wardens i tend to go over quite a lot though

lets say you influence ward to get 4 personality traits. youre a martial character, and youve managed to accrue two commander traits alongside your education (you can get higher fairly easily, but lets keep it conservative). youve done your eugenics good and youve got 3 congenital traits. youve picked up one or two stress traits and become scarred from getting wounded. youre a north germanic character and youve done some viking and/or varangian activity before you inherited, or you may have participated in a great holy war. youve picked up gardener from the travel event. one of your ancestors consecrated the bloodline, so youve got that also, or perhaps youre sayyid. at this point, we are sitting on 15ish traits before we even start adding lifestyle traits

if you pick up 5 lifestyle traits at this point (pilgrim/traveller/hunter/reveller/hastiluder, lets say) youre 100% going over. this is all just permanent traits too, im not accounting for temporary health negative traits or the like thatll be coming with legends of the dead. im willing to admit this smacks a little of powergaming, theres some stuff here i could just not do if i want to see all my traits, but i also think to some extent being forced to not do things bc the ui simply cannot handle it is a problem that shouldnt be there

generally youre unlikely to go over in your first few generations of characters unless youve used ruler designer, but even then, i think the fact that ruler designer allows you to go over without the ui accounting for it is a little strange by itself. wasnt a super huge problem at that point in development since, like, thems just the breaks if youre going to make a guy with every trait he can possibly have, but the fact that you can now start as basically any character and get to this point a few generations in with a bit of luck makes it a more pressing issue i feel

i hope this doesnt come off as rude btw! im not trying to be at all, i just want to explain how this keeps happening to me

edit: oh, i forgot also, lifestyle focus traits! thats 3 more by the time your guy gets old enough. you can end up with more than 3 by powergaming hard enough but im trying highlight how this could p easily happen with minimally sweaty gameplay

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Not being rude, I'm just chortling. This is like... an inverse skill issue. You're playing too effectively and breaking the UI.

Ok, I can poke Code and we can see about mebs getting the same thing we got for character modifiers for traits, though it likely wouldn't be until EP3 releases.

• 12Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Not being rude, I'm just chortling. This is like... an inverse skill issue. You're playing too effectively and breaking the UI.
dont tell anyone bc this is a secret, but ck3 is my favourite videogame and i play a whole lot of it. this is my curse

Ok, I can poke Code and we can see about mebs getting the same thing we got for character modifiers for traits, though it likely wouldn't be until EP3 releases.
sound, thats all i can ask man. appreciate you stopping by!

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
+1, since T&T it is quiet easy to get so many traits that some of them becomes invisible. You don't have to really min-max it, just do all activities and travel a lot. Would be great to see the same approach applied to the traits as it was done for modifiers.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah I agree - I’m not even much of a power gamer, I don’t like to min/max, and I still run into issues here once you get the snowball rolling a few hundred years into a run

• 4Like
Reactions:
You know what would be great? A list of the traits that a character had in their legend. So, it might say: John Doe the III of GenericKingdom was a renowned herbalist, horrible swords fighter, and weak man, corresponding to the herbalist trait, a bad prowress education, and the weak trait, respectively.

• 3Like
Reactions: