• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(113417)

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 4, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
I installed HOI 1 from the Anthology package.

It shows to be v1.06c Should I install the small do-it-yourself patch

And weird, it puts two shortcuts on my desktop: the HOI but also a CORE shortcut, while I don't see any CORE subfolder... do I need to get both 0.9 and 0.91 versions of CORE?

Hmm.. anyone else own the anthology?

Core should be a subdirectory somewhere deep in the system, though. The shortcut should presumably be to the same game, but with a "moddir" command.

Also presumably it should not hurt to install the "self-fix-patch" or a possibly newer version of Core.

I own it as well and my reply would have to be the same as silvanski's. The files for CORE are within the actual HOI directory. The patch wouldn't hurt as well. Any update for HOI is great. I wish it had a less complicated tech tree. It's biased against you if you play as a small country.

Hmm.. anyone else own the anthology?

Core should be a subdirectory somewhere deep in the system, though. The shortcut should presumably be to the same game, but with a "moddir" command.

Also presumably it should not hurt to install the "self-fix-patch" or a possibly newer version of Core.

I own both the Anthology (which includes HoI 1 and HoI 2) and the HoI Platinum Edition and in my version of the Anthology (german language, distributed by Koch Media) you definitely still need the 1.06C patch because the installed version is only 1.03

And that despite the Anthology released in 2007 while the HoI Platinum Edition released in 2004 already had the 1.06 C version :rolleyes: