• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Andre Massena

Warrior-Representative Fanatic
43 Badges
Sep 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
This is a succession game with a twist. Rather than stick with one dynasty or nation we will bounce around the board. So far I've participated in two different succession games like this and they have been very successful and produced fascinating alternate universes. The previous ANSGAAR game can be found here while the original Divine Influence game can be found here.

Rules:

1. Select from of three rulers using the random ruler button (the little die in the corner). You can roll until you receive a choice of three dukes/kings/emperors but you may choose any counts or barony-level patricians that you happen to roll. Please post all your choices because it is always fun for everyone to speculate on what would be the best choice.

2. Every player gets a minimum of fifteen years per turn. If your ruler dies before that time period then you can play their heir till they die. Please try to finish turns within a week, though we will be flexible.

3. Please post your save to the thread once you are finished. The next person on the list can then upload the save and randomly select their next character based on the save. The next person will have two days to respond till we move on.

4. During a playthrough, players are encouraged to post AARs detailing their progress. Players can be as detailed or sparse as you like and use any kind of AAR writing style. If a player does not have time to write much or post screenshots then a brief update would be sufficient.

5. We will start in 769 and play either till 1444 or 53.

6. DLCs are optional but the main ones are preferred. No Sunset Invasion, however.

7. We will use the default disease and Mongol invasion options.

8. We will always try to use the most recent version unless the saves become incompatible.

9. After the completion of CK2 we will attempt to convert the game into EU4 and then Victoria 2. Unfortunately we ran into trouble with this part in the last ANSGAAR game so it would be appreciated if we could get someone who is good at modding. In the original Divine Influence game we got through the EU stage but ran into trouble converting it to Victoria.

Last edited:
Please indicate your interest below and I will add you to the list here. When we have a sufficient number of sign-ups I will randomly determine the playing order. Anyone who expresses interest after the game starts will be added to the end of the list.​

Player List

Round 1:
1. Audren- King Brochfael of Powys (Part I)
2. alscon- Marzoban Umara of Lykandos (Part I)
3. Twighlight Array 17 (skipped)
4. Andre Massena- High Chief Drong of Balaton (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V)
5. Keinwyn- Duke Siclevold "Ironside" of Dauphine (Part I/Part II/Part III)
6. Narvait- Emir Hisham of Petrid Emirate (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V/Part VI/Part VII/Part VIII/Part IX/Part X/Part XI)
7. DaDerpyDude- High Chief Nga of Perm (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV)
8. Plank of Wood- King Tylmache of Rus (Part I/Part II/World Update)
9. Sweboy- Satrap Erdewan of of Salmasid Satrapy (Part I/Part II)
10. kmaj- (passed)
11. Iron Chariots- King Fechtnach "the Shadow" of Mide (Part I)
12. GoshDaMule- (skipped)
13. spendabuck- Shia Caliph Jaskarn "the Cruel" of Jibrilid Empire/Zeyd the Magnificent (World Update/Part I/Part II)
14. ceasor (skipped)
15. Machiavellian- Khagan Alp "the Terror" of Mozhaysk, the Catn Khanate (Part I/Part II)
16. generalolaf- Maharaja Trilochanpala of Chawda (Part I/Part II/Part III)
17. ANecromancingNecromancer- (skipped)
18. siempie78- (skipped)
19. lucky7- Duke Dago of Brunswick (Part I/Part II)
20. Emperor Kermit (passed)
21. PontusOverlord- Duke Irb of Cornwall (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V/Part VI/Part VII)
22. Arroz (skipped)
23. zkarOskar (skipped)
24. mekka66- Duke Skjalg "the Usurper" of Halsingland (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V)
25. react0rman- Duke Simon of Oultrejourdain (Part I/Part II)
26. wingren013- Duke Chichayka of Smolensk- (Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V/Part VI/Part VII/Part VIII/Part IX/World Update)
27. JoshtheHawk- Duke Hilderic "the Son of Satan" of Alger (Part I)

Round 2:
1. Narvait- (Passed)
2. Alscon- Raja Suchi-Verma "Son of the Punishers" of Mathura (Part I/Part II)
3. Andre Massena
4. mekka66
5. Machiavellian
6. spendabuck
7. Keinwyn
8. Sweboy
9. lucky7
10. wingren013
11. react0rman
12. JoshtheHawk

Last edited:
Heck yeah.

I'd like to say now that I won't have access to a computer to play CK2 through September, so I'd prefer to be near the bottom of the playlist if we only have a few people.

Reactions:
I love these. Going to sign in again. :)

Definitely in. I missed the CK2 part of the last one, but really enjoyed doing it for EU4.
EDIT: Oh, this was the one I didn't do? Still in.

Last edited:
Would it be worth also making a post in the MP subforum? Might be some people there who would be interested.

I am in, but dont have Charlemagne

Alright, cool. I'm missing the most recent two DLCs; I hope this isn't an issue. Otherwise, I'll go roll up the choices.

Nobody too flashy to start off the AAR, but I sorta like all of the choices available.

SxfHYd6.jpg

First up is some Byzantine Strategos in Achaia. Byzantine intrigue is always fun, but I'm not sure how much I could influence things in a turn. Probably the least appealing choice.

PeYt558.jpg

Next up is an independent Indian duke near Pala. I'm already having flashbacks to my last one of these. Would be neat to try again, or try to diversify.

PB9Urzw.jpg

Even though he's a count, I rather like the look of this guy. When did Sogdians get added to the game? He's probably a little weak, but it's a chance for some cool alt history.

cWsAosd.jpg

And there's a good ol' Welsh duke. I'm drawn to the Welshness, but I'm not sure the British Isles is the way to get a very interesting game.

I rather like all of the choices here, except perhaps the Byzantine. What do y'all think?

Go for one of the independent ones (the Welsh guy or the Indian duke). Should be more scope for getting things done.