• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King of Jerusalem and Ageless, simply spectacular especially considering his humble beginnings. Aren't you glad you decided to go with the minor 'barely' a Duke instead of the King of Africa?
Definitely, it's been really fun building up from nothing.
In fact, I was originally planning for Uuen to join the Satanists like his father but his traits were so good I didn't let him. He's become one of my best characters.

Quite the ride. :)

Time will tell whether he will maintain his immortality or not. It did seem to indicate that the apples warded off death from old age, but I don't think he has avoided it's potential grasp entirely.

If you murder the Immortal you get 5 bonus years, says I.

If immortal does his age continue to count? Ie, if he's still around in a century, will his age say 170 something?

Please don't murder Uuen :(
If immortal does his age continue to count? Ie, if he's still around in a century, will his age say 170 something?
Yes, although his facial features will not change. I had a Swedish King who became immortal in another one of my games who looked 30 until Death killed him in a masked ball at the age of 120.

CHAPTER 7 - EPILOGUE
Uuen started his reign as Overlord of Jerusalem by making a vassal of the Templars.
upload_2017-4-28_21-54-39.png

As Uuen didn't plan to die any time soon, he finally allowed his heir to leave the Keep and rule over lands of his own.
upload_2017-4-28_21-54-52.png

Uuen also founded the Grand Republic of Ascalon, naming his Grandson, also named Uuen, as its first Grand Mayor.
upload_2017-4-28_21-55-45.png

He didn't realise that a much bigger trade republic lived next door.
upload_2017-4-28_21-56-56.png

Uuen declared another war - one for Burgundy and at the same time, two bands of upstart rebels rose against him. The Pope was one of the men killed in this war.
upload_2017-4-28_21-57-13.png

Uuen smashed the army of the Muslims who were desperately trying to reclaim Jerusalem.
upload_2017-4-28_21-58-2.png

He executed their leader.
upload_2017-4-28_21-58-50.png

However, after his great conquests, Uuen realised that he no longer felt the huge amount of ambition that had driven him on his whole life.
upload_2017-4-28_21-59-38.png

Uuen gave birth to another child at the age of 80. She was sickly.
upload_2017-4-28_22-0-10.png

Uuen captured the queen of Burgundy and won his war.
upload_2017-4-28_22-0-25.png

The Duke of Wessex took the post of King.
upload_2017-4-28_22-0-49.png

After this last war, Uuen felt more content than ever. He was not truly relaxed but he no longer heard the laughter of the Byzantines or the japes of the Scots. He would continue his rule for as long as God would allow and hopefully watch over Kingdom and dynasty, de Dunasead, which had gone from the de Facto Earl of Desmond to the Emperor of Britannia in just 2 generations, until the end of time. Uuen turned to his maps and surveyed the world.

This is Pandenulf, one of the other characters I could have played as. He accomplished nothing in his lifetime.
upload_2017-4-28_22-4-33.png

His grandson lost the throne to a usurper and now fights a war to reclaim it.
upload_2017-4-28_22-5-20.png

Here is Nikolaos, the other man I could have played as. Just as in TheTeaMustFlow's non-canon world, he formed the Kingdom of Trebizond. He lived to be 82, 2 years older than Uuen is now.
upload_2017-4-28_22-5-47.png

Saxony has become a mess. It fell apart shortly into Irb's reign and has stayed that way ever since. A new ruler, worthy of Dago, is needed to clean it up.
upload_2017-4-28_22-6-49.png

A map of the known world. The Byzantines, Hispania and the Yahyid are still the major powers but Aquitaine, Mordovia and the Bakkahids are nothing to sneer at either. Britannia, France and Carpathia are less powerful but could have some small role in the future.
upload_2017-4-28_22-8-9.png

Religion is not very interesting, bar the pockets of Yazidi and the Orthodox county in Scandinavia.
upload_2017-4-28_22-10-3.png

Most of the Middle East is culturally Bedouin while the Greek culture dominates the land of the Byzantines.
upload_2017-4-28_22-10-55.png

Britain is a particularly diverse melting pot, with Welsh, Breton, Irish, Anglo-Saxon, Pictish and Scottish cultures all represented.
upload_2017-4-28_22-11-44.png

A map of trade republic influences. Venice and Ascalon, the weak ones, are vassals of Uuen while Syria and Fars are controlled by the Middle Eastern power players.
upload_2017-4-28_22-12-50.png

Only one disease is active - a small pocket of smallpox in Syria
upload_2017-4-28_22-14-1.png

Well, thanks for reading. It's been an amazing journey and if I can be bothered I might keep this game going on my own, see just how much Uuen can achieve.
Here's the save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwxgO0SDoinHc0tMTWNQUmJEa0E?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Machiavellian's non-canon world

Ahem.

Grousing aside, great achievements, up their with the Mazdaki resurgence as the defining moments of this timeline. And probably beating it on weird, which is no small feat. I do wish you'd done something about freaking Bavarian Kent, though...

That seems highly unsporting. In fact, murdering previous pcs (unless strictly necessary) generally seems unsporting. Still, we do need a bet going on how long Uuen survives - I'm going to put myself down for him dying sometime between the ages of 100 and 200.

On a minor note, I'm glad to see some republics restored, the trade map was getting really boring with just one republic per ocean.

I would just like to point out the success of the Catholic Crusader State of Malwa in India. I really hope someone rolls them.
... Wait, What?

epOY1pz.png

giphy.gif

Wow, the Steppe tribes sure got messed up, huh?

That seems highly unsporting. In fact, murdering previous pcs (unless strictly necessary) generally seems unsporting. Still, we do need a bet going on how long Uuen survives - I'm going to put myself down for him dying sometime between the ages of 100 and 200..

Oh, I thought the immortal trait meant they would actually never die. Ok then.

Oh, I thought the immortal trait meant they would actually never die. Ok then.

Oh, he won't die of natural causes. I just figure the odds are pretty high he'll die in combat or an accident or something eventually. Murder's fairly unlikely, actually, given that eventually all his vassals and courtiers will have a constant max approval of him from the long reign bonus (or did that get changed with the patch that brought in immortal suspicion?).

He might also get highlander'd, that's a thing that apparently can happen.

As he's a good martial character, my bet is that he'll die within fifty years in combat. :p

The Lombards in Hispania really did some impressive cultural cleansing. :eek: RIP the last Slav. Looks like Germany and Rajputana may be the most interesting regions to roll now.

This is Pandenulf, one of the other characters I could have played as. He accomplished nothing in his lifetime.
Wrong. He confessed! :D