• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(33769)

Second Lieutenant
Aug 30, 2004
Playing 1.06c as the SU, I keep getting messages that Austria has ceded territory to Germany. Every few months, I get a message that says, "Austria has ceded [] to Germany." The Anschluss never took place, and Austria remains intact, no matter how many [] they lose.

Upvote 0
Faustling said:
Playing 1.06c as the SU, I keep getting messages that Austria has ceded territory to Germany. Every few months, I get a message that says, "Austria has ceded [] to Germany." The Anschluss never took place, and Austria remains intact, no matter how many [] they lose.

I have the same experience, and not just with Austria but also with Poland.

Fiendix said:
I had Poland fold to Germany in the "Danzig or War" event and Danzig was still Polish...?

F

Doesn't the first event for Germany in the chain turn Danzig into a national province? or is it in the MR pact? If it's the latter it may have been a problem/something with the MR pact that caused it, or a problem with the eventchain for either of them. I can't check right now, I'm at work :( ;) .

What Faustling (I think) and I are referring to is the German AI ability to demand territories from countries it has no claims on (yet :wacko: ). It starts of by demanding Austria once or twice in Januari 1936 (National provinces in 1938). After the anschluss it directs it's attention to Chechoslowakija and after the 1939 events it starts to pressure Poland. There are no claims visible in the politics screen and it's probably costing them 15 to 30 di.

The danzig or war event

Code:
	action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME2027A" # Final Ultimatum - Danzig or War
		command = { type = trigger which = 3601 } # POL
		command = { type = addcore which = 645 }

and

Code:
###################################################
#  The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact - Historical Outcome
###################################################
event = {
	id = 2013
	random = no
	country = GER
	# Triggered by SOV 2600
	name = "EVT_2013_NAME"
	desc = "EVT_2013_DESC"
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = addcore which = 606 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 647 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 648 }

so I guess gdansk is core ONLY when the final ultimatum is given.

The MR event adds cores to the western polish territories without Danzig.

So I dont get why in my game danzig did not transfer to Germany when Poland folded..

F

Fiendix said:
so I guess gdansk is core ONLY when the final ultimatum is given.

The MR event adds cores to the western polish territories without Danzig.

So I dont get why in my game danzig did not transfer to Germany when Poland folded..

F
I'm at a loss as well. I have a game as Germany underway at august 1st 1939, I'll see if I can break something this evening (apart from the Polish defenses :D ).
Any ideas on the other issue, because I'm not sure they are related.

Robert Koop said:
Any ideas on the other issue, because I'm not sure they are related.

I dont know if they are unrelated as in the game where danzig was demanded and given - but didnt change sides - Anschluss also happened, austria accepted but also the territories did not transfer untill germany demanded them through the use of DI...

Since it was a test game that I was doing with the UK I did not really pay attention to that and thought it was maybe due to the constant loads and reloads or other meddling with the files.
I think I have a save at home....

@ Faustling - do you have a save of your game?

F

Last edited:
Germany demands them in every game. I have the messageoption on to see if anyone demands territory from another country and it's very consistent. It doesn't always get them, but Germany shouldn't be able to demand them in the first place.

Robert Koop said:
Germany demands them in every game. I have the messageoption on to see if anyone demands territory from another country and it's very consistent. It doesn't always get them, but Germany shouldn't be able to demand them in the first place.

I will have to look at this today as it got me interested too...

F

Fiendix said:
I dont know if they are unrelated as in the game where danzig was demanded and given - but didnt change sides - Anschluss also happened, austria accepted but also the territories did not transfer untill germany demanded them through the use of DI...

Since it was a test game that I was doing with the UK I did not really pay attention to that and thought it was maybe due to the constant loads and reloads or other meddling with the files.
I think I have a save at home....

@ Faustling - do you have a save of your game?

F
I tried a lot of different combinations of the MR pact and he Danzig or war event, but nothing broke, nor after a lot of loading and reloading.

Robert Koop said:
I tried a lot of different combinations of the MR pact and he Danzig or war event, but nothing broke, nor after a lot of loading and reloading.

didnt have time yesterday but when I get the save will try to look at the history log and maybe look for my old save.

F

Well I just did 4 runs of march 38 and it fired each time - only once germany chose not to push for annexation.

do you have a save like in april? Check the history log what does it say?

maybe in your game the comp chose:

Code:
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME2100B" # Join the Axis
		command = { type = alliance which = GER }
		command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 200 }
		command = { type = access which = GER }
		command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 2002 } # GER
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME2100C" # Austria shall remain independent
		command = { type = dissent value = 40 }
	}

In both cases germany can then still keep demanding austria. I guess its written in your history log past march 38.

F

F

name = "0:00 January 4, 1936 : Austria refused to give in to Germany's territorial demands."

name = "2:00 March 11, 1938 : Germany went with Press for Anschluss in Anschluss of Austria."
name = "2:00 March 11, 1938 : Austria went with Become part of the Greater Reich (Game Over) in Anschluss."
name = "2:00 March 11, 1938 : Germany had Anschluss of Austria - Annexation ."
name = "2:00 March 11, 1938 : Germany annexed Austria."
name = "2:00 March 12, 1938 : Czechoslovakia refused to give in to Germany's territorial demands."

name = "1:00 September 30, 1938 : Germany went with Demand Sudetenland! in The Treaty of Munich."
name = "1:00 September 30, 1938 : Czechoslovakia went with Accept the Claims in The Treaty of Munich."
name = "1:00 September 30, 1938 : Germany had The Treaty of Munich - Sudetenland to Germany ."

name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Germany went with Install Tiso in Slovakia in The End of Czechoslovakia."
name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Czechoslovakia went with Accept the inevitable (Game Over) in The End of Czechoslovakia - Slovakia Independent."
name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Germany had The End of Czechoslovakia - Czechs annexed ."
name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Slovakia had The End of Czechoslovakia ."
name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Slovakia entered a Military Alliance with Germany."
name = "1:00 March 15, 1939 : Hungary had The End of Czechoslovakia - Ruthenia ceded to Hungary ."
name = "1:00 March 19, 1939 : Poland refused to give in to Germany's territorial demands."
From the logs of a 1.06b savegame. I couldn't find a save where one of the victims agreed but then you should see what faustling mentioned in his first post, although not after the anschluss should have/ had happened.

Edit; In Faustlings case it is perhaps possible that the anschluss event happened, but that the ai went with option b "Do not create more tension". In this case these territories do not become national provinces for Germany, but it can somehow demand them. when Austria gives in you get the "Austria ceded [] to Germany" message.

Last edited:
Faustling said:
"0:00 March 19, 1938: Germany went with Do not create more tension in Anschluss of Austria."
That's action_b of event GER 2020. Basically, no cores are granted to Germany, Allied warentry drops, and dissent increases. So this is another example of the AI demanding claims when it has none.