• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell this line, "I'd say there have been more ostfront or ostfront-centric WW2 games than western front," doesn't mean that according to the author of this line there have been more eastern front games than western front since 2000s? I mean, seriously? It literally means that, I have no idea what sort of mental gymnastic is required to make it mean something else.
Because this line:
I'd say there have been more ostfront or ostfront-centric WW2 games than western front
Does not equal:
soo please mr "too many russians in ww2 games" people... please shut it
The point was that gbem was getting triggered and twisting other people's words.
The quote said there's been more (definition of "more" = "1. in greater quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number"), he didn't say there's been too many (synonym of "too many" = disproportionate, definition of "disproportionate" = "1. not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number").
I.e: 1+1=/=3.

I'm not showing off my "mental gymnastics", I'm just pointing out that the original statement wasn't what he was replying to at all. If you're going to make a claim about what other people said, especially in a forum, then please atleast be careful enough to make sure it's an accurate one.

But meh, in the end obviously there are much much more western centric wargames than eastern centric, its as true as the earth orbiting the Sun but then its also understandable why it is the case.
Preach.

Again its just semantics, I doubt you would had been ok with the general argument if the line, : "mr "too many russians in ww2 games" people" gets replaced with mr "more ostfront or ostfront-centric WW2 games than western front" people.

It hardly makes much difference to the general argument, basically its semantics now that is being argued.

There's really no semantics. The Ostfront camp seems to be personally offended at the lack of Eastern Front exclusive games, and are telling us that we said things that we absolutely didn't.

Ostfront enthusiasts seemingly have a persecution complex, and it's extremely irritating to listen to.

Now ad hominem, of course. And of course you didn't answered how swapping the statements in my previous post would dramatically change the argument but then I don't see even any attempt at defending original assertions/arguments once shown how wrong they were.

So hoping something along those lines is hopeless it seems just semantics and ad hominems, it happens when one runs out of actual arguments. :)

I don't think you understand what an ad hominem is.

I really wish people in this community would learn the definitions of these fallacies before they throw them around like playing cards. I'll give you a little demonstration.

If I were to post something like, say;

He's just a Russophile, don't pay attention to him.

That would be an Ad Hominem, because it's attacking his character to indirectly discredit his argument. Calling out Eastern Front enthusiasts on a persecution complex is not an ad hominem; it's on full, shameless display in this thread.

Regarding your hypothetical about switching the statements around: I wasn't addressing it because I failed to see the point. It's little more than a hypothetical. We're focused on what was actually said and claimed.

Alright this thread has derailed and is now locked. Please stay on topics and don't go off on one another. Disagreeing is fine, but jumping to conclusions, taking things out of context and generally arguing about off topic issues isn't needed. Both I and Eugen answered early on explaining that we could see other areas of operation in the future but not for the release of Steel Division: Normandy 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.