• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Comontorios

Conscript
6 Badges
Aug 8, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
Hi everyone,

This is my attempt to create terrain textures for this amazing mod. I'm trying to get as close to the vanilla look and feel as possible. (I know Lofman already tried something similar a while ago, but I'm not sure how far he got.)

To cut a long story short, here are some screenshots of my work so far:

North Africa:
MCcrf.jpg

Egypt/Arabia
Wwtn2.jpg

Caspian Sea area
gvg2d.jpg

Central Asia
l5m78.jpg

China/Japan
nCRy5.jpg

Eastern Europe
qEuFt.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:
Things that still need to be done/fixed:

Coastlines are kind of messed up
Deserts look a bit monotonous
Trees need to be added - see 'Eastern Europe' for example
More detail in general

Last edited:
I can just say it looks amazing!
Unfortunately I'm expanding more into africa and I had to reshape everything west of India, if you want to I can give you the map files to see how it is. I don't know if that's a problem or if you can work around it easily.

I can just say it looks amazing!
Unfortunately I'm expanding more into africa and I had to reshape everything west of India, if you want to I can give you the map files to see how it is. I don't know if that's a problem or if you can work around it easily.

It's not that much of a problem, depending on exactly how you're reshaping the map of course. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for offering map files, they would be very useful and very much appreciated.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure yet how much time I'll be able to spend on it as I'm very busy with other things, but I'll aim to get it done by the time you release the next version, whenever that is.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I am still here.

Work is going more slowly than before (due to lack of time), but I finally finished a preliminary terrain for the rest of Africa.

9g9In.jpg

vJKMz.jpg

nMttn.jpg

And I finally found a way to fix the messed up coastlines.

Looks great :)
Are you planning to make equatorial Africa more greener?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I actually try to base the terrain off satellite pictures but I forgot to do it for Africa.
Thanks!