Another "historic" USSR game ruined

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you're not playing Ironman, it should be fairly easy to use the console or write an event to sort that out. Do you save every few months? There shouldn't be a need to scrap the whole campaign.

Reactions:
England decided to guarantee the independence of Lithuania.

Eight hours down the toilet.
This has happened to me several times.

This patch and DLC is epic fail.
I also tried to attack the USSR in May 1940.
The Red Army is no longer a disorganized chaos. Now they are immortal demigods. Soviet divisions have only positive buffs

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you're not playing Ironman, it should be fairly easy to use the console or write an event to sort that out. Do you save every few months? There shouldn't be a need to scrap the whole campaign.

That was a good shout, thank you. I'm glad I hadn't scrubbed the saves. A console command to simply annex Lithuania seems to have got me past it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
At least previously, they wouldn't usually do so if they were already in WWII with Germany. Were you justifying before that?

Reactions:
That was a good shout, thank you. I'm glad I hadn't scrubbed the saves. A console command to simply annex Lithuania seems to have got me past it.

That's great! Glad to hear you won't have to abandon your glorious liberation of the Baltics. :)

You beat me to it, but I also wrote this little event for you, in case you wanted something more organic than annexing Lithuania via console. Pasting the following into your Soviet events file should get the British to break their guarantee of Lithuania and leave it alone thereafter.

Code:
country_event = {
    id = soviet.1000
    title = soviet.1000.t
    desc =  soviet.1000.d

fire_only_once = yes

trigger = {
        tag = SOV
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
        days = 0
    }

option = {
        name = soviet.1000.a
        ENG = {
            diplomatic_relation = {
                country = LIT
                relation = guarantee
                active = no
            }
            add_ai_strategy = {
                type = ignore
                id = LIT
                value = 1000
            }
        }
    }
}

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
At least previously, they wouldn't usually do so if they were already in WWII with Germany. Were you justifying before that?

Nope, my side of this was all done with the focus tree / decisions and England was already at war with Germany.

I suspect that something has changed with 1.4 beta which causes England to stick its nose in. I'm not sure what though...

I've had the issue as well once. That was when I sent the ultimatums to the Baltic states one at a time; the one time I sent them all simultaneously there were no guarantees.

Well, that didn't go well. I wasn't ready when Germany attacked on schedule, so I thought "sod it, I'll watch" and handed control over to the AI. The USSR capitulated in August 42.

I was amused to see the Soviet AI send 24 divisions to defend the artic circle in Nenets (I think it's called?).

I have a lot of work to do on navigating the focus tree, production priorities, and, to a lesser extent, division designer :).

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Paradox too busy QA testing Estonia focus tree to even spot such a glaring problem with the new DLC patch. Can't believe this even made it through QA.

• 14Like
Reactions:
Paradox too busy QA testing Estonia focus tree to even spot such a glaring problem with the new DLC patch. Can't believe this even made it through QA.

You guys make so much drama and cry so much.

In none of my games this ever happened, I've played about 100 hours since the launch of the DLC. OP probably did too much ahistorical stuff, probably manually declared war on the baltic states. Of course if you do it the ahistorical way, ahistorical things will happen.

A similar thing happened to me where they guaranteed Finland, granted it wasn't historical because I put Smirnov in power, but still.

So, the AI should go full historical even if you do ahistorical madness?
I don't think you have the right expectations.

Or you mean there shouldn't be a guarantee system and you should be able to justify-declare on everyone? There's probably a mod for that.

• 4Like
Reactions: