• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BlankSlate1990

Recruit
26 Badges
Nov 14, 2016
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
So this is another game to add to my growing list of games that I cannot seem to play. I buy most of my games through steam but even ones I haven't bought this way such as ones from GOG or Orgin or from gamestop give this strange error message: this application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. However sometimes it won't happen for hours into the game and then boom hits.

I have integrated graphics, have a dell inspiron notebook, upgraded to windows ten ages ago never had these issues and then I would say in the last two months boom instant crash and death to most games i try to play. I've updated windows, I've disabled my antivirus, I've scanned for malware and adware, I've updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled windows, the games, the drivers.

Just about anything I can think of....the like three hours I got to play this game it was amazing but now I load the game move my guys maybe a few feet. Game locks up that error message pops and then windows forces the game to close saying that it crashed. I've searched google, youtube, numerous forums and have yet to find anything that works. Maybe someone here can figure it out or give me more steps that I can take?

Upvote 0
When the game crashes what does the error message say? And could you please create a DxDiag and attach it here (or in a ticket if you feel more comfortable doing that).

All I get on my end is this black/grey box with grey/white text that says: This application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

In addition, this seems to be an error across the board on various systems, graphics cards, and games. I've personally experienced it in Dead Space 2, Tyranny, Mafia III, and more and before anyone asks not a single one of them were pirated nor do I pirate them. Also, I've heard explanations ranging from anti-pirating software in windows 10 to graphics card driver issues, etc. I mean a simple search in google reveals thousands of pages of people with the same complaint.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    78 KB · Views: 3
Considering that error message it's clearly related to the integrated GFX card. In fact it could be that your drivers haven't been updated since 2015 :p. Check if any of the following works:

- Open the Device Manager > Right click Display Adapters > Double click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Driver > Update Driver > Browse My Computer for Drivers Locally > Select the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Next > Let it update > Restart your PC > Try again

- Right click the game .exe file > Compatibility > Select Windows 7 > Save > Restart PC > Try again

Okay I did option number and it generated an error log but not sure where the log is. Tried option two and I cannot run it in compatibility that i know of since its a steam game.
It still has an exe file
Right click on Tyranny in steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files... -> Will open the game folder with the exe file
There you can set the compatibility mode to Windows 7 on the exe