• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Schweiger

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jul 31, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
In some of my 1.2.-AGCEEP-games allies of mine are struck by frequent revolts over large parts of their territories despite the revolt risk being 'only' around 5-10%. Rebels spring up just about every month (no exaggeration) in every province that is not a core. And not just on the 1st of the month but on other dates too. I had this happen with Hungary's southeastern territory (conquests from the Ottoman) and Poland's Lithuanian and Ukrainian provinces in the 17th century - all in all they are blessed by several 100k rebels per year. Those revolts are not directly connected to any events. I am either forced to spend a lot of troops on quelling the uprisings or watch my ally fall apart within months. Anybody know more about this?

In some of my 1.2.-AGCEEP-games allies of mine are struck by frequent revolts over large parts of their territories despite the revolt risk being 'only' around 5-10%. Rebels spring up just about every month (no exaggeration) in every province that is not a core. And not just on the 1st of the month but on other dates too. I had this happen with Hungary's southeastern territory (conquests from the Ottoman) and Poland's Lithuanian and Ukrainian provinces in the 17th century - all in all they are blessed by several 100k rebels per year. Those revolts are not directly connected to any events. I am either forced to spend a lot of troops on quelling the uprisings or watch my ally fall apart within months. Anybody know more about this?

lower the numbers below from the defines file

these are mine

_PROV_RRISK_MANU_ = -1 #Negative
_PROV_RRISK_CAP_ = -2 #Negative
_PROV_RRISK_OCCU_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_REB_ = 2 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_WARTAXES_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_BANKRUPTCY_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_BAILIFF_ = 3 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_COURTHOUSE_ = -1 #Negative
_PROV_RRISK_DOF_ = 2 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_CULTURE_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_CULTUREWAR_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_NATIONALISM_MAX_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_NATIONALISM_MEDIUM_ = 1 #Positive
_PROV_RRISK_NATIONALISM_MIN_ = 1 #Positive

Frequent revolts are normal for non-core, wrong culture, wrong religion provinces. Even more so when the owning nation has negative stability, does not tolerate the religion of the province or is at war.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?200487-Rebel-FAQ-v1.09

Last edited:
How did you find the revolt risk being 'only' around 5-10%? Usually it is 5-10, without percentage. 10 is very high value that from my own experience the revolts amost certainly happen.

Quite, I'd be really worried if I had provinces with that high a revolt risk, unless it was some special evebt

Quite, I'd be really worried if I had provinces with that high a revolt risk, unless it was some special evebt
I think following the steps, the revolt risk would be very low:

1. Bailiffs only in the provinces of 100% religious tolerance, usually state religion. Non-bailiff provinces of 50% religious tolerance. Stability is not a big problem.

2. Serfdom is equal to 5 (or less than 6), in this way 2/3 of the events "Unhappiness among peasantry" are eliminated.

3. In order to eliminate all kinds of religiousrevolt events, finally send the missionaries to all non-state-religion provinces.

After that, there only remain the events of "Random Revolt" and 1/3 of "Unhappiness among peasantry", which don't frequently happen, excluding historical events.

BTW, I checked and found they are with "%". Sorry!(Refering to Original Mod, don't know if any changes in AGCEEP.)

Update by OP: It seems to me there are certain cases when AI nations have a daily revolt check instead of the usual monthly one. The odds for these checks seem to be the same as for the monthly one (i.e. RR/10 if I remember correctly), but because of the daily check revolts essentially happen 30 times as often. If you want to see for yourself: Get in an alliance with Hungary, let them win Balkan provinces, and then enter a war together with them. This daily check-annoyance only seems to apply when the AI nation is at war. It happens regardless if stab is at -3 or above (so no checks because of some weird daily stab loss).

I do not ask for strategical tips, I am merely interested if
a) others have observed that before and
b) if it is intentional or a bug

Thanks to ConjurerDragon for the Revolt FAQ link, but it didn't cover that specific case.

There should be no daily revolt checks. Revolt checks occur monthly and when specific things happen (e.g. bankruptcy or entering a war).