• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Tyrannodon 'Rapid Laser Cannon' got the range increase along with some other small changes to bring out the Tyrant in Tyrannodon :)

Sweet! Many thanks, I'm very eager to see what these other changes are once the patch notes are up, as well as the changes to everything else in general. I'm hoping there will be buffs for Harrier and Wrecker as well.

Just wondering if this update will fix some of the Xbox achievements not working like beating the race campaign or winning with doomsday weapon I have beaten all campaign at least two times with each race and some of them are still completing

Looks like a good set of tweaks to the game, thanks for your continued support. It's strangely refreshing to get an update that's not tied to a DLC. I guess Paradox haven't achieved full mind-control on you yet ;) .

One thing I'd love to see tweaked, made optional or removed is the "zoom" when you get quests. It looks cool and all, but it prevents you from scrolling the map to look at what you have, which makes it hard to make decisions. "Ok, you'd like me to take out this stack in 10 turns, but can I please look first at whether I have an army in range that I can reasonably divert for this purpose?"

Last edited:
Looks like a good set of tweaks to the game, thanks for your continued support. It's strangely refreshing to get an update that's not tied to a DLC. I guess Paradox haven't achieved full mind-control on you yet ;) .

One thing I'd love to see tweaked, made optional or removed is the "zoom" when you get quests. It looks cool and all, but it prevents you from scrolling the map to look at what you have, which makes it hard to make decisions. "Ok, you'd like me to take out this stack in 10 turns, but can I please look first at whether I have an army in range that I can resonably divert for this purpose?"
Cancelling a lot of those things would be helpful. Like if an NPC makes a demand it would be great if we could close the window, cancel something in production to get the energy/cosmite we need back, and then accepting the demand.

Agreed with the post above. I don't know how many times I actually had the energy/cosmite they wanted me to pay but were in queue so couldn't pay and went into an unwanted war with one of those factions I was keeping low in favor due to rivalry. Like, wait for just five seconds you damn impatient seed cluster!

One thing I'd love to see tweaked, made optional or removed is the "zoom" when you get quests. It looks cool and all, but it prevents you from scrolling the map to look at what you have, which makes it hard to make decisions. "Ok, you'd like me to take out this stack in 10 turns, but can I please look first at whether I have an army in range that I can reasonably divert for this purpose?"

Umm correct me if I'm wrong, but when you click "Close" you can reopen the quest prompt again. And the "quest" stack is visible on the map for as long as the prompt hasn't been resolved (accepted or declined) so you can analyze the situation...

Guess you can't do the same with NPC demand prompts though, so there is some space for improvement, but you can always try to reload an autosave to prepare for the demand in the turn before. Ofc it might be tricky if you were attacked by AI and had a long battle after the autosave was recorded. I've had many a hard outcomes to accept becasue I didn't want to backtrack a hard-won battle... so yeah devs, do the thing. I suppose you wanted to give a sense of urgency for demands, but I think you can add a fourth option in the demand prompt like "Give me time to think about it..." or simply "Close" like with quest prompts.

Full patch notes will be made available on the day of release! If you want to see more early, we'll be doing a stream today at 15:30. Me and Jimmy will be going through the patch showing off everything we can fit into 60m!

The update looks pretty good, but my biggest wish is adding the "keep producing this list of queue items" function from AoW III for production automation. The game really needs it! Will this be in this update or in some of the next ones? Thanks in advance for your answer.

The update looks pretty good, but my biggest wish is adding the "keep producing this list of queue items" function from AoW III for production automation. The game really needs it! Will this be in this update or in some of the next ones? Thanks in advance for your answer.

I remember devs mentioning this at some point. I think there is a possibility we will get this, I'm would also welcome such a feature, those constant "select a production" prompts are irritating...

Maybe the only thing I am worried about regarding the update is the removal of certain city structures. There are already not so many buildings to build in colonies and I'm worried that more streamlining in this aspect will force the player to focus more on producing units and military structures rather than on the development of cities. The new "less to build and research" approach doesn't sound good to my ears...

Maybe the only thing I am worried about regarding the update is the removal of certain city structures. There are already not so many buildings to build in colonies and I'm worried that more streamlining in this aspect will force the player to focus more on producing units and military structures rather than on the development of cities. The new "less to build and research" approach doesn't sound good to my ears...
That's already the case. The game isn't designed for you to do economic buildup at all and I routinely recommend to new players they should be spending at least half of their production on units.

"force the player to focus more on producing units and military structures rather than on the development of cities" sounds like the ideal outcome tbh. age of wonders is a wargame first and an economic game like, distant 4th. civilization is still around if you would rather play a game like that, age of wonders is the game where you're literally forced to do military tech (it's entirely divorced from econ tech now!) and your primary source of income for the first 20 turns is militaristically conquering resource nodes

No arguing that, but I thought one of things Planetfall was trying to achieve is actually add some economic?
The stuff that they did add was frankly not worth getting a lot of the time. The basic sector exploit buildings paid back their cost in 30 turns, 1/5 of the total game time in a normal game length. It wasn't worth getting even that if there wasn't something else in the sector or you just wanted to complete an empire task. The first sector level up upgrade is only decent if it's hitting two sectors. Things only get worse from there. So the only worth while upgrades are the central buildings (pay back in 10 turns) and first happiness building (can't prevent unhappiness otherwise). Contrast that with new colonies, which give 60 production, 20 food, and 10 happiness outright. So your economic game is just get lots of colonies out as quickly as possible, preferably 4 by turn 20.

Sounds like at least some of this will change when the patch comes out later.

Planetfall is a tactics game, a strategic war game, an exploration game, and even an RPG before it's an economic civ building style game. The last is definitely an afterthought and arguably should stay that way. A detailed economic aspect to the game would detract from the military side of things for players who don't care about economic stuff. As is the game can appeal to anyone who likes that military side, but if the economy was big and detailed it would only appeal to people who liked both the military and economic stuff.

The stuff that they did add was frankly not worth getting a lot of the time. The basic sector exploit buildings paid back their cost in 30 turns, 1/5 of the total game time in a normal game length. It wasn't worth getting even that if there wasn't something else in the sector or you just wanted to complete an empire task. The first sector level up upgrade is only decent if it's hitting two sectors. Things only get worse from there. So the only worth while upgrades are the central buildings (pay back in 10 turns) and first happiness building (can't prevent unhappiness otherwise). Contrast that with new colonies, which give 60 production, 20 food, and 10 happiness outright. So your economic game is just get lots of colonies out as quickly as possible, preferably 4 by turn 20.

Sounds like at least some of this will change when the patch comes out later.

Planetfall is a tactics game, a strategic war game, an exploration game, and even an RPG before it's an economic civ building style game. The last is definitely an afterthought and arguably should stay that way. A detailed economic aspect to the game would detract from the military side of things for players who don't care about economic stuff. As is the game can appeal to anyone who likes that military side, but if the economy was big and detailed it would only appeal to people who liked both the military and economic stuff.

I know that the game isn't an economy-oriented strategy game in the first place, on the other hand – if the devs wanted it to be solely a strategic wargame, they would not have added non-military winning conditions like the Unifier winning condition, Score victory etc. I've always thought that the devs' ultimate goal for Planetfall was to deepen its non-military aspects to accommodate more playstyles and thus differentiate it somewhat from AoW III.