Announcing the launch of the Offical Paradox Wiki Service

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
Paradoxwikis.png
Visit the Paradox Wikis

As part of our continuing search to bring our players new services Paradox is pleased to announce the introduction of an official wiki service. To help us out, we have enlisted the services of long time wiki master "Meneth" of the well known fan run "Paradox Wikis" and brought him and them into the Paradox Team, They will now be ad free and feature official content (Ok you may see couple of ads for our products, but hopefully since you are on our wiki you would at least be mildly interested in them. :) )

We were going to wait until we launched the new forum but were so excited we could not wait to share this with you, here are a few further details for those interest:

- Information previously hidden in the most invisible of forum elements (sticky posts) at forum.paradoxplaza.com may now be more easily found in the wikis instead.
- The goal is for the wikis to be an easily accessible and always up to date manual for all our games, that incorporates the changes made up to and including current patches.
- Ads on the wikis will now be fewer and focus on providing you, the user, with information about our products which we believe will be of interest to you. Considering the wikis have been running a higher number of random ads already, we hope this change will only be a step up for you guys.
- You will now be able to reach the wikis' main page through the URL wiki.paradoxplaza.com (consistent and easy to remember). The old URLs will still remain in effect, so this should only be added functionality.
- We will incorporate Paradox Accounts on the wikis as well. One account to rule them all! This will help us acknowledge contributors and properly award them. Although, to begin with, the current wiki accounts will remain in effect. We will continue to support anonymous edits as has been the practice so far. But posting anonymously will prevent us from crediting you as you deserve, so consider signing up before contributing. (We reserve the right to disable anonymous editing at any time to prevent spam and/or abuse).
-We can’t stress enough that what we took over from Meneth is what we want to have! We don’t intend to alter anything on the wikis with any other purpose than adding interaction between our different community channels and functionality/content to benefit the user. Meneth will continue on as the wiki Editor.

Over the next weeks and months the wikis will see expansion with new information and wikis for most new releases including many of those only published by Paradox.
We encourage all our members and staff to participate in that site for the benefit of all Paradox players.

Great news! Thanks to Meneth for all the work provided so far!

Could you consider having French/Spanish/German versions of the wikis or wikis for more games like Sengoku, Darkest Hour or MotE?

Last edited:
Ah hail our overlord Meneth!

Awesome. I like the wiki/paradox account merge.

OK, so this is a random request, but I think it would be a really great addition to the wiki that wouldn't be too much of a stretch for you guys to add since you're running it now. A fully interactive version of the in game maps that lets you switch between the various start dates, zoom in and out, switch map modes, etc. At the moment, it's really annoying how if I want to look at the name or shape of a province (say for posting and/or reading something on the subreddit for eu4) I have to spend the time opening the game (which on a crappy computer like mine takes a while) it would be super helpful if I could just access the map online!

OK, so this is a random request, but I think it would be a really great addition to the wiki that wouldn't be too much of a stretch for you guys to add since you're running it now. A fully interactive version of the in game maps that lets you switch between the various start dates, zoom in and out, switch map modes, etc. At the moment, it's really annoying how if I want to look at the name or shape of a province (say for posting and/or reading something on the subreddit for eu4) I have to spend the time opening the game (which on a crappy computer like mine takes a while) it would be super helpful if I could just access the map online!
You wouldn't believe how complicated that is compared to the current functions of the wikis.
Though it would be kind of awesome regardless, it isn't something that's simple to do.

PS - Meneth, where is your PDS avatar? ;)
It'd be a PI avatar, I image.
I'll probably get it soon.