• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeyTiko

Sergeant
Paradox Staff
Nov 22, 2022

KeyArtLogo.png

We are thrilled to announce our brand new game — The Lamplighters League and the Tower at the End of the World! Harebrained Schemes, the creators of The Shadowrun Trilogy and BATTLETECH, bring you an all-new world set in an alternate 1930s, where a tyrannical cult called the Banished Court stands on the cusp of world domination. For millennia, all that stood between this sinister cabal and their plans was a band of heroic scholars known as the Lamplighters League.

Unfortunately, the best of the best are all gone, so now it's up to the best of the worst.

Recruit a team of misfits and scoundrels with unique abilities and unforgettable personalities, and chase the Banished Court to the ends of the earth in a mix of real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and a character-driven story of adventure and intrigue!

Meet the unlikely heroes of The Lamplighters League in an announcement trailer:

Get a first glimpse at The Lamplighters League in a gameplay video from Harebrained Schemes:

WISHLIST NOW

From this day on we will share more and more details about the world of The Lamplighters League:
  • Follow our Forum and Discord to stay updated and discuss the upcoming release with fellow players;
  • Also, don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter to stay informed!

F.A.Q.

What is “The Lamplighters League and the Tower at the End of the World”?
It is an exciting turn-based strategy game with engaging characters, taking place in an all-new world set in an alternate 1930s with an occult twist, carried by a unique artistic direction. Globetrot across a variety of exciting locales around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based combat - and, if you play your cards right, you might just save the world.

When will the game be available?
The game is to be released later this year, 2023. Stay tuned!

What platforms will The Lamplighter League be on?
The game will be available on PC and Xbox Series X|S.

What is the official game website, where can I read more about the game?
Here!

How many characters are there in the game?
At this moment the game features 10 characters in the base game + one more is waiting for you in the digital deluxe edition! While you will start with three: Ingrid, Lateef, and Eddie, you will be able to recruit more as you complete different missions all over the world. When you replay the game, you can select whichever 3 starting characters you want.

I have a question I want to ask a Developer, where can I do that?
We will post F.A.Q. issues on the Official Discord and Forum. Feel free to post it there and make sure to follow us on both platforms not to miss a thing!

How often will Development Diaries get released, and where can I read them?
We aim to release Dev Diaries on a bi-weekly basis, and you will be able to read them on our forum, official website, and Steam community hub page.

Is there a beta and where can I apply?
We don’t have an active beta program now, but we’ll let you know on our social media and website if we will have one.

How can I be posted about the news?

Is there a community I can join?
Sure thing — Join our Discord server to become a part of our community!

Will the game be Steam Deck compatible?
Yes, the game will be playable on Steam Deck. However, we need to mention that this is not our main platform and we are not going to focus on it for now.

Stay tuned and don’t forget to Wishlist the game!

• 16Like
Reactions:
I’ve been a fan of Mitch and Team HBS for years now, enjoying their games and the communities of fellow gamers that inevitably grow up around their titles and efforts.

I can’t wait to preorder! : )

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm looking forward to seeing what HBS has come up with and I hope that the line about it being playable on the Steam deck will mean a native Linux port rather than just use of proton.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm looking forward to seeing what HBS has come up with and I hope that the line about it being playable on the Steam deck will mean a native Linux port rather than just use of proton.
I second that! Lately, a lot of Paradox games outside of the ones developed by the studio itself (AoW: Planterfall/4, Empire of Sin, Surviving the Aftermath) broke the publisher's amazing trend of porting all of their titles to Linux, which was very disappointing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nicastro, Marteau, & Strum.

Is the Banished Court separated into 3 factions?
I’ve searched for any reference to the above three names in the game, and couldn’t find a single one.

Maybe, just like we now have the names of 10 Lamplighters, Nicastro, Marceau and Strum are the names of Big Bads from the Banished Court?

• 1Love
Reactions:
Eagerly awaiting Dev Diary #5… :)

• 1Like
Reactions: