• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EUG_PapaYankee

Second Lieutenant
19 Badges
Mar 2, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
41aacf4cfe09798c7b44c0603678e1bb47bd0994.jpg

We are proud to announce Second Wave, the upcoming Division Pack for Steel Division: Normandy 44, expanding your tactical possibilities to dominate your enemy during the Invasion of Normandy. Take control of 4 new divisions: The American 4th Armored Division, the British 1st Special Service Brigade, the German 9. Panzerdivision and the 16. Luftwaffen-Felddivision.

f04d7e81f8cc525acb4f588d8cc3ed3161cb4c1c.jpg

Field 35 new units, including the famous M18 Hellcat tank destroyer, the Wildcat V fighter aircraft, the Panzer IC light tank, and the NAG 4500 FlaK truck... Use the new aerial artillery observer to spot your enemy and unleash hell on his units.

c819ef552f2f7b45ddf6820dceba4895eb8c76ae.jpg

This expansion also includes an exclusive ace model: the Lt. Col. Creighton W. Abrams and his famous 'Thunderbolt' M4 command tank.

bc875e2f56d4b8894c04ec628887066e09fbb22f.jpg

Second Wave will be available on September 21st for $7,99. In the meantime, keep an eye on our blog for all the details on the new divisions!

58888fd1d9c70c3cea50e44e27ac3d9a3faaffd8.jpg

AND THERE'S MORE! (AND IT'S FREE!)
Since the release of Steel Division: Normandy 44, we have been continuously supporting the game with new map variants, modding tools and balance updates. And since we will continue to use our community’s feedback to tweak the game, we are happy to announce that we will also release new free content in the future.

We know how much you like teasing, so we’re not revealing everything at the same time (it wouldn’t be funny), nevertheless, here is a nice image for you:

47906288746adc1ee9e15cc768f2bc9c4a7a5734.jpg

We hope to release all of this content before the end of 2017, maybe in the very beginning of 2018.

Keep an eye on this page, it will be updated… Soon™.

Attachments

• Steel_Division_Normandy_44_Second_Wave_Key_Art.jpg
    Steel_Division_Normandy_44_Second_Wave_Key_Art.jpg
    1,2 MB · Views: 2.041
Last edited:
Hard to imagine it can do much good for this game player base to be honest, well we shall see i suppose. But locking hellcat behind paid dlc (possibly best allied TD). Not a fan of this. Still its probably better that allies will get paid hellcat than no hellcat. :D

So I could be wrong, but 1st Special Service Brigade, they are going to be in serious trouble for support assets, tanks, vehicles in general, no? As the only vehicle use I remember for them was centaurs with 95mm guns and FO shermans for artillery spotting for 2 weeks.

Well, I just hope to god that the vickers K gets a correct model unlike in the campaign lol. Hope returns of seeing the K GO in action.

You have my money, but here is what needs to happen in tandem with one of those releases:
-Steam sale,
-Free weekend and
-BETTER MATCHMAKING TOOLS

Otherwise you won't be able to bring this game back on track.

So I could be wrong, but 1st Special Service Brigade, they are going to be in serious trouble for support assets, tanks, vehicles in general, no? As the only vehicle use I remember for them was centaurs with 95mm guns and FO shermans for artillery spotting for 2 weeks.
They didn't have much vehicles by themselves indeed, but Centaur.
Yet they didn't land alone, they had the backing of Hobart's Funnies + some other units. Since it is only a brigade, we have added attachments to beef it up.

Well, I just hope to god that the vickers K gets a correct model unlike in the campaign lol. Hope returns of seeing the K GO in action.
We have both reworked the Commando units used in the solo campaign and expanded them with several others ... ;)

They didn't have much vehicles by themselves indeed, but Centaur.
Yet they didn't land alone, they had the backing of Hobart's Funnies + some other units. Since it is only a brigade, we have added attachments to beef it up.

We have both reworked the Commando units used in the solo campaign and expanded them with several others ... ;)

Thanks for the reply, the brigade thing is a big reason I was suprised they were not just folded into 6 AB given their consistant close working and falling under 1 Airborne Army alongside the dutch and belgians :)

And nice to know that theres been some reworking, cant wait to see it, might bring me back into full active playing of the game too if they are done well :).

Also glad to see that the myth of "commando units do commando raiding" didnt stick to them stopping them from being able to be part of the game.

And what about the old ACES ? I want to buy them :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And will the Eastern Front, North Africa, Italy and the Pacific be in the future?
And what about the Ardennes + winter and desert maps?
In the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does everyone think the hellcat will be some giant game changer? It's a cool unit no doubt and I'm excited about 4th armored but guys, it's the same gun as the 76 Sherman. It's just faster. It's not like they are handing them the Jackson.

Otherwise good announcement. Thanks for the support Eugen

i knew it was a division pack with m18 hellcat . . . i was expecting it in an inf division tho XD all the better it is in an armour deck

is 4th AD gona be a 2e blindee 2.0 ? :eek:

is 9th panzer division getting cool stuff ? ?

edit: they will hav the luchs

Last edited:
You have my money, but here is what needs to happen in tandem with one of those releases:
-Steam sale,
-Free weekend and
-BETTER MATCHMAKING TOOLS

Otherwise you won't be able to bring this game back on track.

This ^^^^ is an absolute must. Ive gotten on the game multiple times the last few days to hop in a game, wait and wait no game.......

On the DLC note it looks pretty good, definitely excited to get and play it.

A 10v10 option in the matchmaker would be huge for getting people to use it over the lobbies. Right now casual players want 10v10 and that game mode is only in lobbies. If it were in matchmaker, it'd be way more convenient.

Also, matchmaker should remember the way I had it set up the last time I went looking for a match. If all I want is 3v3, I shouldn't have to toggle off all the other options every time I want to look for a game.

Best com' ever from yours.

Good choice of new units, although I was expecting the Big Red one. You must be keeping some more for the next DLC's for sure.
This addition will give even more variety to an already massive game.

The other annoucements are even more exciting, including new game mode along with a coop mission set. I admit that I am less interested in ace packs as cosmetics is not my cup of tea.

To summarize, a very good announcement which shows your commitment in the game. Definitely supporting this game and please keep up your better com' channel.

Nice! It would be perfect if you improved in the meantime the matchmaking tool and created a dedicated 3v3 map size.

New game mode ? Destruction Siege mode ?:D