• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those are definitelly Hidden. The question is: can they enslave any unit or do they have a set of units, that they always use. Really climatic would be if they use only units from races that are present on the planet the invasion is fought on.

I am betting and hoping that the enthralled can be units of any faction, npc or otherwise. It looks like they just attached mods to units here (Enthrall mods that can't be removed). Would be kinda like that trope in mass effect where you fight reaper assimilated races: Fighting the populations of cities that got captured and enthralled by the voidbringers. This will be so cool if that's the case. If it's just kir'ko, that'd kinda suck.

Looking good.

So from what I see the Void Squids are an end game threat/event and not something you can play as?

Looking good! I'm excited for the new content, but a little sad we didn't get another secret tech this time (even though I know how much time it must take to create balanced content for them!).

Will this be accompanied by another free balance/content patch? I really liked the Tyrannosaurus patch fixes/content :) . Otherwise, can't wait for late May!

I would have preferred a post-human playable civ. (Though I can understand why the Therians got stuck as NPCs; as a playable race, they'd be "stepping on" the Amazon's gimmicks of genetic engineering and harmony with nature and beasts). Still, I'm curious to see how this go, and their infiltrators do at least explain why they use human-developed secret techs.

Anyone know what he's targeting in his scope???

Attachments

• aow planetfall invasions screencap.jpg
    aow planetfall invasions screencap.jpg
    281,1 KB · Views: 36
BTW, that's one nice sniper right here. 18 damage without any mods, more than Assembly one, and I bet he has some effects on this. And a healing ability to boot. Not to mention that bio allows for some pretty good mods

Very nice! I'm still hoping for my playable machine race, but lizardmen is a solid science fiction trope too. World events and the Voidbringer sound interesting too.

Ah, I see that they updated the information on the third expansion. Another playable race, so I may get my rogue servitors yet!

Call me an idiot but I somehow didn't register that the expansion is called "Invasions", cus we have more then one (kinda makes sense cause both Shakarn and Voidbringers are the invaders) :D

Btw I just had a strange thought that in some parallel universe the Lizardfolk from Triumph are making a game in which the Invaders against remnants of Star Union are humans :D

So from what I see the Void Squids are an end game threat/event and not something you can play as?

For what i read they are an endgame threat, not even a NPC dwelling:

They cannot be bargained with or befriended, your only options are to fight for your survival or submit to the slavery of the void.

They look more like the Crises from Stellaris. Threats that emerge and must be deal with to prevent extinction :)