• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hallsten

Hairloss Ninja
36 Badges
Mar 17, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
NOTE: This is an ongoing project. It will be done when it's done, and when it is I'll tell you, so don't ask... ;)

Just to let everybody know I'm working on this and I'd say that it's about 2/3 complete. I've been using a few ideas from King of Men's CK=>EU2 converter, and I'm adding a full spread of new EU3 features in the conversion:
  • Province conversion is fully modifiable.
  • Cultures and religions will be converted on geographical basis(modifiable).
  • The steward, chancellor, diocese bishop, marshal and spy master will end up as advisors to the court in the EU3 conversion.
  • The marshal will be available as a army or navy commander in the EU3 conversion.
  • If the monarch is underaged (hasn't lost his still-in-school-traits) he will be replaced with a regency in the EU3 conversion.
  • Ongoing wars and active armies will be converted, as will their fought battles, to make sure that a correct warscore is maintained.
  • Royal marriages and alliances will be converted.
If you have a fairly un-fucked up 1.05 CK game in the 1400s with the latest two official hot fixes applied, please send me a PM if you're willing to share them with me. I deleted my own saves a while ago, so I need what I can get... :)
Also, any comments/suggestion/CONSTRUCTIVE criticism regarding the project is most welcome.

Last edited:
This sounds excellent. All I need do when this is finished is actually reach the end of a game of CK. I usually only manage about 100 years or so before I give up because I feel guilty about cheating once again. :eek:o

Great work Hallsten !

Sadly enough I don't have a 'clean' save game, since I use my own modifications.

Great job, I will Definately try and get a hold of EUIII now :D

Veldmaarschalk said:
Great work Hallsten !

Sadly enough I don't have a 'clean' save game, since I use my own modifications.
What exactly have you changed?

A most worthy endeavor

Fantastic man, i hope you succeed in this ´cos this will help many people to do Mega campaings and stuff like that, like me who is planning to do mega campaing and would like to do it from CK to EUIII to Vic to DD.
So i do hope that youll get this working and godspeed to you.

Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to handle province population and cardinals? Should I steal the EU3 populations outright? Regarding cardinals I want to make the 7 people next in line for the papacy cardinals, but since noone seems to know how papal succession in CK works I don't know how to do it... :confused:

Well papacy controller is decided by prestige or piety but im not sure how does the pope thing work. Well all pope has a theologian education, piety 100 or more and im not sure if they all have temperate trait also, some of them has it. But it might also be random thing, ´cos sometimes it is Anselm, Hildebrand, Bogumil etc. but then sometimes it is Anselm, Someone, someone etc. so i guess it might go random sometimes. Tried that today by killing the popes and it went Anselm, Hildebrand, Bogumil and someother polish pope

Emperor Ike said:
Well papacy controller is decided by prestige or piety but im not sure how does the pope thing work. Well all pope has a theologian education, piety 100 or more and im not sure if they all have temperate trait also, some of them has it. But it might also be random thing, ´cos sometimes it is Anselm, Hildebrand, Bogumil etc. but then sometimes it is Anselm, Someone, someone etc. so i guess it might go random sometimes. Tried that today by killing the popes and it went Anselm, Hildebrand, Bogumil and someother polish pope
Yea, it's a little messy. It'd be interesting if someone had found the actual algorithm for making a pope...

Hallsten said:
What exactly have you changed?

I have changed things like cultures, kingdoms and duchies. f.e. the tag for the duchy of Essex is now used for a duchy in Poland. Which means that a conversion to EUIII would result in strange outcomes

Veldmaarschalk said:
I have changed things like cultures, kingdoms and duchies. f.e. the tag for the duchy of Essex is now used for a duchy in Poland. Which means that a conversion to EUIII would result in strange outcomes
Yes, yes it would, since I want to test the converter for the vanilla setup.
When the converter is finished you can mod Essex as a Polish duchy though... :)

Last edited:
Since the Population EUIII is the city Population, perhaps it should be some value of the;
Province wealth - Richer Provinces have a larger population
Climate - More people in Italy than Finland or The steepe
Burgers Power - They who live in the Burgs may wish to live where they have more influence.
Captials- The capital City should get some boost.

That said you probably would want to come up with some base province value so that is a provice is developed in CK it doesn't revert to dust sand salt & dirt when it is transfer as in the EUIII period it was some out of the way no where.

[sorry]

Other Suggestions

Realm/church laws and such effect the DP sliders.

Maybe even the Big province Inprovements tranlating
Such as Catherdral to Catherdral
Uni to Uni
and so forth

[/sorry]

Regarding tag-conversion EU3 is lacking a LOT of the tags that EU2 1.09 has, so since they might have to be added that will push the release of the project back a while. The most preferable setup would be to have one tag for each EU3 province involved in the conversion, but that might be a bit too much. Every general area should have a tag though, cause as the situation stands now, things might get to look really weird.
Also, one tag that's sorely needed is BYZ...

Vasious said:
Since the Population EUIII is the city Population, perhaps it should be some value of the;
Province wealth - Richer Provinces have a larger population
Climate - More people in Italy than Finland or The steepe
Burgers Power - They who live in the Burgs may wish to live where they have more influence.
Captials- The capital City should get some boost.

That said you probably would want to come up with some base province value so that is a provice is developed in CK it doesn't revert to dust sand salt & dirt when it is transfer as in the EUIII period it was some out of the way no where.

[sorry]

Other Suggestions

Realm/church laws and such effect the DP sliders.

Maybe even the Big province Inprovements tranlating
Such as Catherdral to Catherdral
Uni to Uni
and so forth

[/sorry]
I hadn't thought about burgher power, but that's a good idea... :)

I haven't moved on to sliders or improvements yet, but I'll get there... ;)

orwell said:
What needs done for the graphics?
Country-specific graphics for the tags I'll be adding. Vanilla EU2 has about 120 more tags than vanilla EU3, U-tags not counted, so there's a gap, and I need to fill most of it.

Would raiding EU2 for material not be acceptable, due to copyright laws?

Is there any sort of guide, or would you mind posting a model of what all needs made up?