Announcing Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I imagine that, for example, Irish minors too will end up being overdeveloped because of this system, which is way less logical.
Under normal circumstances, Irish minors will end up being conquered by England.

Reactions:
WHERE BE MY DLC!?

Reactions:
This may have been answered but I haven't followed this forum for a while:

I'm poor and can't afford Common Sense. Since development seems to be DLC-locked stuff, will I be playing at a disadvantage? I'm guessing AI is able to develop itself but I won't?
Don't want to bash on the DLC but it seems kind of unfair compared to earlier DLC that usually dealt with more specific topics that you could avoid by not playing those countries (like not playing colonizer countries if you have no CoP and Le Dorito)

Reactions:
I'm poor and can't afford Common Sense. Since development seems to be DLC-locked stuff, will I be playing at a disadvantage? I'm guessing AI is able to develop itself but I won't?
You guess wrong.

This may have been answered but I haven't followed this forum for a while:

Don't want to bash on the DLC but it seems kind of unfair compared to earlier DLC that usually dealt with more specific topics that you could avoid by not playing those countries (like not playing colonizer countries if you have no CoP and Le Dorito)

No, AFAIK no one will be able to develop at all if you don't have the DLC.

Reactions:
Have to say I'm really disappointed in Paradox. They practically force you to buy the expansion to play EU4 anymore... By not being able to develop my provinces I'm put at a huge disadvantage later in the game because I can't build buildings and am capped at whatever development level the province was when I first obtained it. Shameful moneywhoring.

Reactions:
How do you launch the nudge in common sense? I've no idea what command line option is :/

I fully agree with that. yet I have 24 people in my steam friend list (on a total of 77) who have EU4, but more then half of them have not played more than 75hours (and I didnt even incorporated people who played less than 2h), and only a very small amount has played it recently. Then I compare it to lets say the horribly failed Rome 2. More people have it, obviously, but more importantly, more people have passed the 100h checkmark, when you speak in relative terms (so %-wise). For a game with the same release date. Same for Civ V.

That points to it that paradox is missing out a big portion of potential income of people who obviously want to play the game (otherwise you dont play it for like 50 hours), but are deterred from playing morebecause they feel like they are missing out. Gamers are completionists, and by making their own game "incomplete" every two months, people are scared away. Thats not my problem, thats a problem for Paradox's future client base, just pointing it out.

I see the same pattern with CK2. A substantial amount of people (almost half my friend list) have it. But only a small portion has actually played it for more than 50h. That are customers to which you maybe sold CK2 at -75%, but from who you will likely not see anything in the future anymore.

This many months past over however I'd still like to point out one truth I'm witnessing around me (with new expansion Cossacks on the horizon). Many people DO want to play/try out EU4 and CK2 but as of now it's price TOO much to handle especially that pretty much most of them would like to buy everything up to date.

I strongly recommend Paradox to drop base game price up to 70% And first expansion 50% off. If you go on the Steam, people are waiting for sale to buy game and its all DLCs and they wont buy unless they see 75% off on the table. With less expansive price for the base game many more people will try the game and be hooked to buy the rest of DLCs rather than having slow buy rate for the game.

Yes you have a fan base that constantly buying out everything you release however why would you limit this pool of players? It's years since base release for both EU4 and CK2 - it's time to lower the price and let more people to try it out.
As a developer I would prefer constant buying out of the game rather than hoping that some one will trough all of their money and buy everything at once. Especially since you should already know that many people do want to try EU4 and CK2 but I so often see and hear "omg so many DLCs and you have them all to buy to play this game to have complete experience" that simply deters potential new players.

I think you guys missing an opportunity here to expand your buyers pool.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
They noted us the exact release date of CS, but not for TC..

They said it'd be sometime in December. CS was announced little more than a month before release. It's too early.

They said it'd be sometime in December. CS was announced little more than a month before release. It's too early.

Source?

Reactions: