Announcing Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
What people really need (but don't know yet) is Victoria 3.

But that's nice to see that you finally admitted that EU4 had no common sense anyway.

Yeah, we do need it but it's not coming anytime soon, at least before Hearts of Iron. I agree that Vic 2 is pretty broken game, even though it's fun.

Reactions:
A date for the release! Will have to keep that weekend free and finish my current campaign (Thats a silk road)
Some awesome features

Cant wait for the next one about subjects!

Id like it if subjects (For support independence) also consider distance from the overload, not just to themselves

Wait, development is a DLC feature? Isn't that a huge mechanical shift between the regular game and the DLC? I mean, that would also play havoc with game conversion too.

Reactions:
Yeah, we do need it but it's not coming anytime soon, at least before Hearts of Iron. I agree that Vic 2 is pretty broken game, even though it's fun.

I am wondering if it will be ever - now they have CK2 as one of the major titles, which seem to be much more appealing to the wide player-base rather than Victoria so maybe it is not even considered profitable enough. And probably various 'friendly maker' things like EU's NIs won't fit well in Victoria.

Wait, development is a DLC feature? Isn't that a huge mechanical shift between the regular game and the DLC? I mean, that would also play havoc with game conversion too.

I also expected that to be a part of the patch, since it's just as fundamental a change as the new provinces and the reworked map. I'm also surprised that the fortresses aren't mentioned at all in the announcement, since there was basically a whole dev diary about them.

Reactions:
I am wondering if it will be ever - now they have CK2 as one of the major titles, which seem to be much more appealing to the wide player-base rather than Victoria so maybe it is not even considered profitable enough. And probably various 'friendly maker' things like EU's NIs won't fit well in Victoria.
HoI is more complicated than EU or CK, yet it's getting a sequel. I believe that V3 is very much a reasonable prospect, albeit one set in a distant future.
I also expected that to be a part of the patch, since it's just as fundamental a change as the new provinces and the reworked map. I'm also surprised that the fortresses aren't mentioned at all in the announcement, since there was basically a whole dev diary about them.
The changes to peace treaties weren't mentioned either. Thy just didn't mention some of the patch content.

Reactions:

It is the patch feature. The lists during announcements tend to name most prominent features between both the DLC and the patch (as the two together make the expansion).

Reactions:
HoI is more complicated than EU or CK, yet it's getting a sequel. I believe that V3 is very much a reasonable prospect, albeit one set in a distant future.

HoI3 seems to be much more popular than Victoria 2 though. I don't know if there are sales figures, but counting forum sections:
Victoria 2 (2010): 400k messages;
HOI3 (2009): 900k messages;

:(

Plus, it has clear setting: it is WW2, you pick a country and chill (if you are USSR/USA/Allies) or trying hard (Germany/Axis) to acheive some defined goals in the concrete event. I think it is understandable why in case of Victoria there would be less people interested.

The changes to peace treaties weren't mentioned either. Thy just didn't mention some of the patch content.

It can be even better than missed changes. Like when you've read the changelog, started playing on Ironman and then SUDDENLY some thing directly contradicts with what was in the changelog.

This is the pessimist in me coming out, but the changed military dynamics (fewer, but more important forts) didn't get in the announcement. Hope that doesn't mean it's getting held back.

Reactions: