• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I doubt it. Looking at the Champion's unit card, there's nothing that can't be explained by it being a Heavy Unit with Mechanical.

My thought exactly, it has the 1 level of stagger resistance, 4 psionic resistance and 2 arc weakness, which is pretty staple for heavy mechanical units.

I'm curious what battlesuit means then. Could it be that it's not mechanical and the battlesuit tag serves as a biological + mechanical tag to kinda signify how the mech suit and pilot acts as one, so they can benefit from both? It'd certainly fit if that's the case although some abilities may seem odd, so I'm unsure of that.

Reactions:
Oh yeah true, I forgot there are those. I don't think it's a tag that won't mean anything, as even mutant do mean something even if nothing by stats. But it could be something negative than positive. I do feel it has to do with a pilot being more integrated into the mechincal machine as opposed to most other mechanical units or something like the Foreman which isn't considered a battlesuit, whether it's something beneficial or making it more vulnerable to something.

Edit: Actually, silly me, there's other things it could do. Something crossed my mind that heavy units don't go to face their target when flanked, something I feel a battlesuit might actually fit to do to be more agile. Fits with their melee theme as well.

Last edited:
Reactions:
the Oathbound look to have a mostly, maybe fully, mechanical unit roster.

They are not robotic, they use mechanical combat suits. Fully mechanical would imply robots. They are more like King Arthur using Iron Man-style Armor. Mechanical suit of armor, human, biological pilot :)

Reactions:
I think luke refers to the unit trait, vanguard tanks and the like are also mechanical even though they have a pilot. And I guess he'll be right, at least I expect them to be mechanical after all they are Mechs :p

Reactions:
After watching the trailer for the new DLC and reading this DD, I came to the conclusion that we need a crossover between Stelaris and AOW: Planetfall. Imagine using these Star Kings in Stellaris or seeing some of Stellaris's species (like the Prikkiki-Ti) in AOW: Planetfall.

Reactions:
Heritor would definitely go well since they are supposed to specialize in Entropy and Arc damage. I'd also wager that Synthesis is a good synergy as I assume most units are mechanical therefore Integrated by default and Arc + Compromise can demolish a mech-heavy army.
I'm worried about Xenoplague though since the mods synergize with biological and cyborg units and the Oathbound look to have a mostly, maybe fully, mechanical unit roster.

In regards to Xenoplague: I find that secret tech works best with either Assembly or Kir'Ko for that exact reasoning. Xenoplague has mods that work with both and both provide mods that work with Xenoplague units.

Still feel like I either need to change my ruling of not overlapping secret techs for custom commanders/empires, or ignore one of the factions to keep the secret techs not overlapping.

Reactions:
The existing tier 2 fliers are already *very* good, and this seems even stronger.

The last time I tried to use flying unit (cost cosmote) in combat, 3 Dwarves explained it to me that there's much better ways to spend cosmite in just 3 shots. Unlike AoW SM where flying units could avoid the most dangerous enemies and had a free choice of attacks in Planetfall practically everything has long range attack. The main problem with the flyers that the game is about hiding behind heaps of trash not flying. Another strange problem which I hadn't in AoW SM inability to understand the position of aerial units fast enough. It's always a headache if I want to move them to neighbouring hex.

But I guess the funny things would start when a bunch of flying T3 units would attack your seaside regions and you'll have nothing to do about because you've only T2 flyers and nothing with abilities like "pole arm".

This is a new meta-layer where each planet you complete gets added to your own Galactic Empire.

It's just randomly generated story-mode.

The planets you conquer in Galactic Empire Mode have special traits, such as having the oceans replaced with impassable void, or being covered in nuclear fallout.

OK why not to add to RMG settings for generating planets with radioactive water or vulcano-filled planet with the rivers of lava?

Reactions:
The last time I tried to use flying unit (cost cosmote) in combat, 3 Dwarves explained it to me that there's much better ways to spend cosmite in just 3 shots. Unlike AoW SM where flying units could avoid the most dangerous enemies and had a free choice of attacks in Planetfall practically everything has long range attack.

Flyers are squishy but are still usefull becasue they are fast and have useful abilities and long range. Let's take Phase Manipulators. Or the infamous Engulfer which needed to be nerfed even.

Reactions:
I doubt it. Looking at the Champion's unit card, there's nothing that can't be explained by it being a Heavy Unit with Mechanical.

Anything is possible at this point, until dev diary shed some more light

If you're familiar with AoW series there is so few ability that is just tag

Battlesuit is probably just stats boost and/or granting some other abilities, or probably affecting enemy attacks, which is why we don't really notice it

In AoW3 for example, armored is just stats boost of +2 armor, but if the attacker has armor piercing than the effect is negated

Reactions:
Anything is possible at this point, until dev diary shed some more light

If you're familiar with AoW series there is so few ability that is just tag

Battlesuit is probably just stats boost and/or granting some other abilities, or probably affecting enemy attacks, which is why we don't really notice it

In AoW3 for example, armored is just stats boost of +2 armor, but if the attacker has armor piercing than the effect is negated

Quite right. Like already stated by you and others, its probably like mutant and might give even heavy units the ability to turn and face attackers(was also stated before, seems legit).

Your post reminded my of my alltime favorite AoW2:SM statline: Smoky Haze.
Nothing like charging your enchanted, pistol wielding angry halfling Sherrifs into an enemy line, and choking them on incredibly strong pipe smoke.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Quite right. Like already stated by you and others, its probably like mutant and might give even heavy units the ability to turn and face attackers(was also stated before, seems legit).

Your post reminded my of my alltime favorite AoW2:SM statline: Smoky Haze.
Nothing like charging your enchanted, pistol wielding angry halfling Sherrifs into an enemy line, and choking them on incredibly strong pipe smoke.

Ah the nostalgia, for me that is one annoying ability there. Halfling is not my favorite race, and having to fight sherif (which is t3 unit if i remember correctly) who has that debuff is in my case like fighting random number to roll a hit

Archon is one of my favorite, having them in planetfall is beyond my widest expectations

Reactions:
Ah the nostalgia, for me that is one annoying ability there. Halfling is not my favorite race, and having to fight sherif (which is t3 unit if i remember correctly) who has that debuff is in my case like fighting random number to roll a hit

Archon is one of my favorite, having them in planetfall is beyond my widest expectations

I agree with you man. The Archons, reimagined as starry eyed optimists going ham for all mankind in giant robots. I did not see it coming.

As for the nostalgia, the Smoky Haze poisoned and gave a malus to hit. The ultimate trololo 'ya missed' unit, and I think the one you mean, was the Leprechaun.
Cast Blur, Death Touch and Regeneration on one. Charge a stack of Orc Warlords.
Watch these mighty warriors be trolled by a nigh unhittable nightmarish, teleporting Imp. Shadow Magic was awesome

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Any chance this update will add colorblind support. I love this game but had to quit playing it because of that one issue.

Maybe try to ask devs about it directly? Most developers aren't even aware of the kind of predicaments that many people with disabilities expierience. Accessability is still a budding aspect in gamedev. It's still a long way before it becomes standard but there are some very positive signals like this one https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/19/...ssibility-options-blind-gamer-trnd/index.html (even if I have very mixed feelings about the game itself :p).

• 1Like
Reactions:
After watching the trailer for the new DLC and reading this DD, I came to the conclusion that we need a crossover between Stelaris and AOW: Planetfall. Imagine using these Star Kings in Stellaris or seeing some of Stellaris's species (like the Prikkiki-Ti) in AOW: Planetfall.

I fully support that idea. In fact the Secret tech the stellaris empires can use should be Broken Tech. It use reality warping to crash the world. You know that way you have features that don't work, each turn each city pops rearrange themselves and you need to spend 15 minute putting them back in place. An operation to scramble target player tech-tree so that he can only research random tech. And all the kind of things that people love of Stellaris :p

But now slightly more seriously. A crossover could be nice. My soon-to-be Necroids empire could use Heritor tech to "ascend" those pesky Oathbound into a more perfect state. And combining The Shroud with Psynumbra is such a barrel of laughs. Yes, please. I want this crossover so i can bring destruction and despair to the two games :D

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Maybe try to ask devs about it directly? Most developers aren't even aware of the kind of predicaments that many people with disabilities expierience. Accessability is still a budding aspect in gamedev. It's still a long way before it becomes standard but there are some very positive signals like this one https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/19/...ssibility-options-blind-gamer-trnd/index.html (even if I have very mixed feelings about the game itself :p).

Any advice on where to ask devs directy about it.

On a side note, Creative Assembly just implemented what I think is the greatest colorblind support feature Ive ever seen in Total War Three Kingdoms (alongside the latest DLC). Ideally, more devs start to mimic what they have done -

RrTiw5m.jpg

Any advice on where to ask devs directy about it.

On a side note, Creative Assembly just implemented what I think is the greatest colorblind support feature Ive ever seen in Total War Three Kingdoms (alongside the latest DLC). Ideally, more devs start to mimic what they have done -

View attachment 642611

It's good to see Triumph doing his part to help people with disabilities.

Everyone, this thread made me happy everyday.
I hope to remain hyped the coming weeks. So I ask: will we get another post by Triumph on tuesday, October 20th, with dev diary? What do you think?