• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably way too early to be asking this, but can we see just how much the map is expanding? That'll both build more hype and potentially ease the worries some are having about performance issues.

Reactions:
I am pleased and disappointed.
Please because nomadic tribes and the Mongols needes to be improved.

Disappointed because the map expansion will kill my computer. And my secret hope for CK2 is still and forever a late Middle Age expansion focused on the XIV and XV century.
Remember the optimization patch is coming with this. I think it was Gars or Groogy who said a year passed in ten seconds.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Yes, y'all must remember that half of the reason this has taken so long to be announced is because the optimisation patch has taken up so much time. They've promised no computer-killing.

In the meantime: Hype! Hype! Hype! :D.

Reactions:
Qwerty actually, and the seljuk invasion should definatly use this too.
How did that ö get in there instead of l? o_O

But yeah, these new mechanics should make the Middle East and Eastern Europe a lot more interesting as well.

Reactions:
I do hope that a general concept of suzerainity for every government type will be introduced alongside the tributary system.

It seems like an incomplete mechanic to just introduce a tributary system without expanding on the other benefits that it brought to the Suzerain apart from wealth. Tributaries functioned as much more than just piggy-banks.

Reactions:
I'm never, ever, EVER going to say no to a map expansion. Now if you could do a China\Korea + Japan add-on DLC..:)

However, I do think PI need to come up with better titles. Horse Lords? Why not Warriors of the Steppes? Or The Scourge from the East? (I know that was Attila, before anybody objects) Mongol Marauders? Eastern Winds? Hooves of Havoc?

Reactions:
well in my mind thats a shit ambition when the existing map is so badly lacking in depth. and also money grubbing - lets start off with europe and some of the middle east and then add everything.

i used to love this game so much. i really really did

The European map is more than good enough, not to mention that each expansion gives Europeans several new features even when they are not the main focus. As a matter of fact, both of the last two expansions have been mainly focused on Europe so you are being greedy here.

WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER SAVEGAMES?

None of the expansions that alter the map are save-game compatible.

Reactions:
Take my money (and my body)

Reactions:
How did that ö get in there instead of l? o_O

But yeah, these new mechanics should make the Middle East and Eastern Europe a lot more interesting as well.
Scandinavian qwerty has ö next to l also å next to å and ä next to ö.

Reactions:
WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER SAVEGAMES?
MODEST COMPATIBILITY IN NORMAL SAVES(MEANING SOME FUNKY STUFF CAN HAPPEN) BUT NOT WITH IRONMAN SAVES

Reactions: