• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OH Gamer,

Its nice to know that Victoria 2 would be using the Clio map. I would like to pinpoint an error in the map I found and would request you to correct it before the map is applied in Victoria 2. Just look at the map of South Asia, i.e. the map of India's state of Kashmir. You forgot to add a strip province bordering Srinagar and therefore that strip province has got absorbed in Sialkot, Attock and Chitral provinces. That strip is currently known as Pakistan controlled Kashmir. For more information just look at the current map of India and Pakistan and you would come to know. If you need help let me know.:cool:

Not ruling out a V1 version completely, but to be brutally honest, the mechanics of getting a new in-game map into the V1 engine are a lot more challenging than tweaking a map in V2 engine games.

Plus, I have a strong feeling that once V2 is released, there will be only a small number of players of V1 in the future. V2 just looks like such a vast improvement in gameplay for the period, and is so much more moddable in all elements, that it will be very difficult for most players to remain playing V1. Much more so I think than has been the case for EU3-EU2 and HoI3-HoI2.

But again I'm not 100% ruling out a map for V1 at some point.

Not ruling out a V1 version completely, but to be brutally honest, the mechanics of getting a new in-game map into the V1 engine are a lot more challenging than tweaking a map in V2 engine games.

Plus, I have a strong feeling that once V2 is released, there will be only a small number of players of V1 in the future. V2 just looks like such a vast improvement in gameplay for the period, and is so much more moddable in all elements, that it will be very difficult for most players to remain playing V1. Much more so I think than has been the case for EU3-EU2 and HoI3-HoI2.

But again I'm not 100% ruling out a map for V1 at some point.

You should focus on the HoI3 map so I can dare try it!

You should focus on the HoI3 map so I can dare try it!

well, i've been working on it all along, and in fact only have a couple regions left and all the land provinces will be done (for first draft purposes anyways).

I'm def going to get an HoI3 map working, because I think Semper Fi will be a great expansion pack and will make HoI3 become much more "settled" for most players. All that's needed is, IMHO, a better map.

And of course the idea of a V2-->HoI3 conversion game that could use Clio maps for both games would be even more awesome :cool:

Any chance to see this awesome map running in my victoria game?

Really looking forward to play it someday.

I think it's more than dead judging by the activity on the Vicky forums. I would also be delighted to see it being done, as I still don't have a computer that can run V2. I just don't think it's going to happen and I completely understand why.

I know that was a years ago, but is there any change to just realese what has been done? Author made a lot of work and it's sad if this time is go for waste. Maybe you can give some mini guide which tools are needed and maybe someone in free time will end this mod.

• 1Like
Reactions: