• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Paradox Interactive keeps the Grand Strategy genre in its iron grip with the much awaited announcement of Hearts of Iron 3

New York, USA (August 20, 2008) – Amidst a backdrop of fevered online speculation, Paradox Interactive has today finally revealed the true identity of "Project Mayhem" at the Games Convention in Leipzig. The next Grand Strategy title to be released from the Paradox Interactive development team is the third instalment in the critically acclaimed Hearts of Iron series.

The Hearts of Iron series has become renowned for beingthe biggest, most detailed and complete strategic game series on World War 2 ever made. Hearts of Iron 3 will follow that tradition closely while focusing on satisfying veteran players through a multitude of brand new features and systems, including a huge map with more than 10,000 provinces.

It's clear this is a game that fans of our titles have been eagerly anticipating", commented Johan Andersson, Head of Development at Paradox Interactive. "Before revealing the project, our upcoming announcement online forum received more than 14,000 page views in less than 24 hours with a third installment of Hearts of Iron seemingly being at the top of everyone's wish list."

Hearts of Iron 3 is scheduled for release in Q3, 2009. For any enquiries on this or other Paradox Interactive titles, please e-mail pr@paradoxplaza.com.

Meet Paradox Interactive in Exhibition Hall 3 – A02 to find out more about this game.

About Paradox development

The experienced development team has released more than 20 titles, including multiple award winning titles like Hearts of Iron 2, uropa Universalis II, Europa Universalis III. The next project, Hearts of Iron 3 is said to be the teams biggest production to date.

temp%20hoi3%20logo_small.jpg

10,000 provinces, eh? Sounds like a lot.

I'm sure it's going to be a very good game of WW II, but I'm still a bit disappointed. I would have preferred any non-WWII. I suppose I'll buy this one, though. I hope the money HoI3 makes will be used to finance Vicky 2 or a Cold War game... :p

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but why i bought HOI Anthology last week :( ,damn. But Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah a new hearts of iron with more provinces then any other paradox game, if you need betatesters i have time for it ;)

Johan: "with a third installment of Hearts of Iron seemingly being at the top of everyone's wish list..."

Well...

Not quite, but...

Nevertheless, it should be great fun. I just hope that PI isn't going to desert all other, less profitable titles.

Shall need to see and hear a lot more before I get excited. On a 3d engine, HoI3 could well be HoI2 Lite. And that's not the game for me sadly.

hmm one year! I knew thy made a third game of it!

Honestly? I'm a little disappointed. I wouldn't normally be disappointed that Paradox are releasing a new game, but this whole mystery 'reveal it but don't name it' thing kinda backfired on me. I was very much hoping for something like Crusader Kings 2, or a new era altogether (viking ages, perhaps).

I'll probably get it anyway, because it's Paradox, but I never really got into HoI that much (and haven't tried HoI 2).

Eos said:
I was really hoping for Vicky 2, let's hope it would be the next game. :(
Anyway are there any links to any screenshots?

it'll come out I'm sure and be based on HOI3 engine and gameplay, like how EU:ROME came out a couple years after EU3