• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay ... but please now a little bit more complex, not again to conquer the world in around 10 years ... and please more complex economy ... with own production plants for different weapon parts ... as complex as possible (with Victoria (Economy, political groups ...) and Crusader Kings (Peoples ...) and more complicated fighting aspect (supply lines)
and for our children players ... buy Diplomacy or Rome or any Hack and Slash game like Oblivion ... okay at least to satisfy them, make for every aspect a minister (who plays at least as dumb as the Ai :)
it is terrible how many dumbed down games are around ( did I say it like Rome and that Sins of a solar Empire ) ...

BUT PLEASE make HOI 3 a "brain game" ... and where decisions matter !

Good luck and wish you the best

Eos said:
I was really hoping for Vicky 2, let's hope it would be the next game. :(
Anyway are there any links to any screenshots?
probably not yet.

Anyway, I would hope that the recent 3d flubs gives PI an idea about not repeating the past.

G'Kar said:
I don't they'll be going back or develop a new 2D engine. And to be fair, the 3D stuff has improved.
Oh right I am sure it is 3d, but I meant better than Rome.

"with a third installment of Hearts of Iron seemingly being at the top of everyone's wish list."

As Zaki said, it seems Johan didn't see the poll in the OT forum which showed 31% vote for Vicky 2 and only a 16% vote for HoI3.

Personally, I hoped for a Dark Ages game. Nonetheless, should be interesting. Although I only bought the HoI2 Anthology a few months ago.

Von Thoma said:
Okay ... but please now a little bit more complex, not again to conquer the world in around 10 years ... and please more complex economy ... with own production plants for different weapon parts ... as complex as possible (with Victoria (Economy, political groups ...) and Crusader Kings (Peoples ...) and more complicated fighting aspect (supply lines)
and for our children players ... buy Diplomacy or Rome or any Hack and Slash game like Oblivion ... okay at least to satisfy them, make for every aspect a minister (who plays at least as dumb as the Ai :)
it is terrible how many dumbed down games are around ( did I say it like Rome and that Sins of a solar Empire ) ...

BUT PLEASE make HOI 3 a "brain game" ... and where decisions matter !

Good luck and wish you the best

Well, they might put a more complex economy/production system but in the end of the day it is a WW2 game so it's all about fighting the war.

Eos said:
Well, they might put a more complex economy/production system but in the end of the day it is a WW2 game so it's all about fighting the war.
The addition of tank factories, aircraft factories and shipyards would make a lot of sense though.

G'Kar said:
The addition of tank factories, aircraft factories and shipyards would make a lot of sense though.

I agree with you that abstract IC in the previous HoIs was not my favourite.

And if they put some POPs in those 10000 provinces to man them it would be great, imagine the micromanagement :D

After all this secrecy, I'd expected something more interesting than another WW2 game, PI game or not. But seriously: Quarter 3, 2009????????

10,000 provinces is insane. Hearts of Iron 2 had about 2600, this is going to be nearly 4 times as big. Vicky had 2800, EU3 had something like 1800 or so.

This map is going to be massive.

Nice!
I wonder if we will be abel to start HoI3 at any date, just like EUIII and Rome?

l3illyl3ob said:
10,000 provinces is insane. Hearts of Iron 2 had about 2600, this is going to be nearly 4 times as big. Vicky had 2800, EU3 had something like 1800 or so.

This map is going to be massive.
As long as Paris and Moscow stay where they belong... :p

Balor said:
10,000 is the land provinces only :)

Some screen?? to celebrate this

Balor said:
10,000 is the land provinces only :)
WC is going to wear my mouse out! Does HOI 3 come with a new mouse?