• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on progress?

We are at about the 6 month mark since the announcement, figure this is about as good a time as any to see how things have been progressing over the last half-year.

Last edited:
Any word on progress?

We are at about the 6 month mark since the announcement, figure this is about as good a time as any to see how things have been progressing over the last half-year.
You could always follow the progress on our GitHub.

Alright, if this mods forum isn't the place to get information about this mod then I will check out the GitHub.

Thank you.
I never said that. But if you're looking for more specific "what's the status" type information then yes, GitHub is the best place since that's where we do our work.

Dumb question, where would I find the Github? :oops:

A present for all of you who are waiting so patiently for us (and watching this thread). You can get our development builds as we work on it here. Just don't report any bugs at the moment. It's not even close to done yet.

The new version of this mod should include the Community Patch mod, the Introduce Heir fix mod, and the Animism Fix mod. They all fix bugs.

We do intend on fixing vanilla bugs, rest assured. Official patches don't seem to be forthcoming anymore, after all.

uw0aiI8.png

So, it needs to be said. The state of the mod is not currently the greatest. It seems like every time we fix a bug, three more pop up in its place. Sometimes the bugs don't stay fixed. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there have just been too many cooks on this particular broth. The mod is held together by band-aids, duct tape, prayers and dreams (maybe the odd blood sacrifice or two).

So. I have decided to take drastic action.

We are re-coding the entire mod from the ground up. Feature by feature. The mod as it exists now will stay around until we are done, but the end result will be a mod that works as it should, is easier to update, and doesn't use as many complicated workarounds. We will know where everything is and how to fix things when they break. The only thing I have to ask of you, our players, is patience. This may take a long time, but the mod will be better for it, and it will be better balanced for it. But in the meantime, I thank you for your time, your attention, and most importantly your patience.​
Thank you for doing this. CKII+ is the only way I like to play CKII. You've made an amazing mod.

Until the mythical and glorious day where you guys have something to release, would it be possible to release standalone for 3.0+ the part of your mod which gives us the option to free prisoners when capturing a holding? Your mod is the only one I heard of that provides this feature (please point me elsewhere otherwise), and having carpet-sieged every single holding of the enemy yet being unable to free my Spymaster who's being held prisoner by a dumb mayor drives me crazy. I'd like to fix this oversight through something that feels part of the game rather than use the console.

Thanks! And good luck with the megaproject.

Until the mythical and glorious day where you guys have something to release, would it be possible to release standalone for 3.0+ the part of your mod which gives us the option to free prisoners when capturing a holding? Your mod is the only one I heard of that provides this feature (please point me elsewhere otherwise), and having carpet-sieged every single holding of the enemy yet being unable to free my Spymaster who's being held prisoner by a dumb mayor drives me crazy. I'd like to fix this oversight through something that feels part of the game rather than use the console.

Thanks! And good luck with the megaproject.

Let me know if this works as expected:

Attachments

• FreePrisoners.zip
    7,7 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.