• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwarherz

CKPlus Triumvirate
79 Badges
Jun 3, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
uw0aiI8.png

So, it needs to be said. The state of the mod is not currently the greatest. It seems like every time we fix a bug, three more pop up in its place. Sometimes the bugs don't stay fixed. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there have just been too many cooks on this particular broth. The mod is held together by band-aids, duct tape, prayers and dreams (maybe the odd blood sacrifice or two).

So. I have decided to take drastic action.

We are re-coding the entire mod from the ground up. Feature by feature. The mod as it exists now will stay around until we are done, but the end result will be a mod that works as it should, is easier to update, and doesn't use as many complicated workarounds. We will know where everything is and how to fix things when they break. The only thing I have to ask of you, our players, is patience. This may take a long time, but the mod will be better for it, and it will be better balanced for it. But in the meantime, I thank you for your time, your attention, and most importantly your patience.​

It is probably for the best, but will this mean that the mod will be stripped of some features/mechanics or mod "modules" or will everything stay or even get expanded?

Thanks!

Holy moley this is huge! I wish you the best in this task and let's hope things resolve with ease rather than difficulty!

Oh man. My heart goes out to you poor bastards for having to do this.

You should sticky this post and six identical posts in all caps so anyone that comes in here to complain about crashing sees it.

It is probably for the best, but will this mean that the mod will be stripped of some features/mechanics or mod "modules" or will everything stay or even get expanded?

Thanks!
Some features may go away, others will change functionality, others will be expanded. Right now @mightnight is working on re-introducing the core factions mechanic. One of the major things that I'm toying with is trying to make the primary mechanics map-independent and including our history changes (and thus bookmarks) as an optional official submod. We may (and probably will) end up losing the "Plus Map". Nothing is set in stone right now, but as we get further along we'll have a more concrete idea of the final form for the mod.

Any major changes to religions especially dead end ones? I personally don't like having bunch of boring, and featureless religions and heresies. ex: most Islamic heresies, Copts, Nestorians, Orthodox, Plus pagans, Eastern, some Catholics. They should be either cut out excess ones, or have small but cool features. Example of good religion/heresy would be Bogomilists with unique government, and reformation mechanics. Good start would be giving ability to unite Pentarchs for Orthodox, Copts, and Nestorians into a singular pope like religious head. Reformations for Plus faiths will also be good. As for Islamic heresies and Eastern, don't play much with them so can't provide feedback.

We may (and probably will) end up losing the "Plus Map".

Will make it leagues easier to update after you're finished anyways, so probably for the best. I'm looking forward to the finished product, and you got my prayers for getting through it. Your core followers appreciate the hell out of the work you do here, even if the randoms complain. Ad Victoriam.

Don't forget to join us on discord! I post screenshots of what I am doing on the regular in the #progress channel.
So if you are curious about how the work is going, that is the place to be at.

Last edited:
I know how hard is to program a complex system such as this... so good luck with that. This is my favorite mod, so thank you all, your effort and work is highly appreciated.

Any major changes to religions especially dead end ones? I personally don't like having bunch of boring, and featureless religions and heresies. ex: most Islamic heresies, Copts, Nestorians, Orthodox, Plus pagans, Eastern, some Catholics. They should be either cut out excess ones, or have small but cool features. Example of good religion/heresy would be Bogomilists with unique government, and reformation mechanics. Good start would be giving ability to unite Pentarchs for Orthodox, Copts, and Nestorians into a singular pope like religious head. Reformations for Plus faiths will also be good. As for Islamic heresies and Eastern, don't play much with them so can't provide feedback.

If we have the time sure.

To be fair, if you're going to take an axe to code base, you might as well do it with our thoughts and prayers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.