• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr. Capiatlist

Mademoiselle Gothique (she/her/hers)
88 Badges
Dec 4, 2003
nhkendall.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
With the recent(-ish) rise of the twitch streamer, it is my job to dutifully keep AARland "hip" and "cool" with the fads and changes sought after by the young people.

No, in all seriousness, we wanted to clarify some rules with streaming and give people a place to announce when they are streaming.

Stream content
- do you best to ensure that your streams adhere to forum rules. This includes the content of any mods that might not be allowed on the forum (e.g. Swastika mods for HoI IV) and cursing (though I understand heat of the moment sort of things, just don't go too crazy).

Twitch/Streaming Threads - You a free to post a thread for archival purposes. This thread should look like an LP thread in that it should be a single game play and should include embedded videos. As a reminder - LP threads should not just be posts with nothing but a link - please embed your LP videos.

Announcing Streams - Announcing a new stream or, for irregular streamers, a specific stream should be confined to this thread or your archive thread if it is part of an update (i.e. if all you have is a link, post here, if you are also posting a previous session, feel free to announce in your thread as well if you want).

Thanks everyone and good luck to our streamers out there.

Reactions:
Going live with the nenetsi game in about 15-20 minutes!

This is the game's thread if you wanna catch up on what's going on. Or you can just jump right in! (Twitch channel should be in my signature. Along with the game's thread now that I think about it...).

I'll be going live with the nenetsi game in probably about 30 minutes! Not counting any possible delays...

That'll give y'all time to catch up with what's been going on in the game's thread! (Which you can find in my signature).

Hope to see you there!

I'll be going live with the nenetsi game in probably about 30 minutes! Not counting any possible delays...

That'll give y'all time to catch up with what's been going on in the game's thread! (Which you can find in my signature).

Hope to see you there!

That about sums it up.

Am I really the only one streaming? Or maybe I'm the only one announcing it here.

I will be going live with the Nenetsi game in half an hour to an hour! Hoping to see some of y'all there!

'm planning on streaming CK2 on hitbox. I enjoy it greatly and have also watched paradox games related content on youtube and twitch.
Do you have any preference preference on creating and/or monetizing content related to let's plays?

I believe this thread may have been the most appropriate for my question.
Not sure so I'll leave it at the discretion of the mods. Sometimes I get confused where I need to ask questions. :D

Merry Christmas, sorry if I'm intruding on your holiday :D
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Currently playing as the Ravelli patrician family in Almafi. Every DLC included, but am running 2.71 as I began before the latest patch. Almafi broke away from Byzantium and formed its own kingdom, before saving much of Britain from the Viking scourge. Follow the family in Ravelli(ng) in it!
(Bad pun intended :p)

dCPZPJ0.jpg

Let me set the scene...

The year is 1143 of our lord Jesus Christ. The proud house of Doukas has sat upon the Roman throne for eighty-four glorious years of prosperity in the face of hardship. Despite Constantine 'the fat's' loss at Manzikart the Rhomaio resolutly pushed back the Turks, seizing Antioch and restoring godly rule to the Armenians, Georgians and Assyrians.

Under Constantine 'the wise' christendom assembled its might to push back the heathen darkness of the Cumans which had come to hold all the lands of the proud Rus under their pagan dominion.

Yet now it would seem the prophecised last Roman emperor has come to lead the world into ruin at the gates of Jerusalem. Constantine X's imbecile son Philippos II rules in his minority, beset by an unending tide of Arabs come to do what the Turks could not. Dark days indeed for the Empire....

CK2: Ruin of Byzantium will be streaming tonight (22/08/2018) for ATLEAST 2h from 10.30pm GMT.
Disclaimer: This will not be an optimal run by any means but a fun RP run.

https://www.twitch.tv/theshacks

From atop the rough-hewn battlements of packed stone, the humans below looked pitiful indeed. And pitiful they were, in Corwyn’s mind, small minded people with small thoughts and even smaller aspirations. They had been begging to be conquered. Squandering the vast resource that was the Northweald valley, Seven Hells, even his sheepshit fingers were starting to be prosperous now, or at least so ‘Lord’ Shalorath dutifully informed him. Wool and lamb departing in larger numbers each year for the ports and marketplaces of Pentos and Andalos. He left such grubby work to those best suited to it. War was what he had lived for. And it had rewarded him well over the past twenty seven years. From dispatching Dywen Shell to taking his rightful place in the halls of Coldwater Burn he had earnt all by the point of the sword and the will of the Seven. From the remotest spit of rock to the foothills of the mighty Mountains of the Moon, all was his dominion. New Andalos, it had a good ring to it. But it was not enough. This new land, Westeros as his men were beginning to call it, stretched on for an eternity past the mist-wreathed mountains that crawled with tree worshipping savages and bronze clad petty-kings. Just waiting for him to reach out further.

But at last the Stranger had turned from him and the Crone beckoned ever more incessantly, his knees ached throughout the winter and riding a horse had him in stiff agony for days. Corwyn knew despite his many triumphs he was not much longer for this world. He needed a successor, he needed stability. Corwyn’s weathered face grimaced as he caught sight of a gaggle of ragged clansmen milling below the gatehouse. Several mail-clad Andal guardsmen watched them from the bailey, hands clasping ashen spear hafts intently. My kingdom is forged in blood and held together by my will alone, but when I die....?

-Excerpt from The Memoirs of Corwyn Corbray, Unverified Account

1WKTH6b.jpg

--------------------

Game of Thrones (CK2) Andal Invasion - Part 7 will be kicking off at 20:45PM 10/10/2018 (GMT) tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/theshacks

House Lusignan Campaign shall continue in twenty five minutes at 18.45 GMT (20/11/2018).

DPcyPch.png

My first Holy Fury singleplayer charting the fortunes of House Lusignan. An RP run our goal is to achieve some of the farflung dynastic sucesses of the IRL family. This campaign will be streamed every Tuesday afternoon from 3pm from here on out.

'A royal house of French origin, which at various times ruled several principalities in Europe and the Levant, including the kingdoms of Jerusalem, Cyprus, and Armenia, from the 12th through the 15th centuries during the Middle Ages. It also had great influence in England and France.

The family originated in Poitou, near Lusignan in western France, in the early 10th century. By the end of the 11th century, the family had risen to become the most prominent petty lords in the region from their castle at Lusignan. In the late 12th century, through marriages and inheritance, a cadet branch of the family came to control the kingdoms of Jerusalem and Cyprus. In the early 13th century, the main branch succeeded in the Counties of La Marche and Angoulême.

As Crusader kings in the Latin East, they soon had connections with the Hethumid rulers of the Kingdom of Cilicia, which they inherited through marriage in the mid-14th century. The Armenian branch fled to France and eventually Russia after the Mamluk conquest of their kingdom.

The claim was taken by the Cypriot branch, until their line failed. This kingdom was annexed by the Republic of Venice in the late 15th century. '

So far this minor noble house has, in three (short) generations managed to secure themselves as major dukes in central France whilst a junior branch is establishing itself within the recently formed Kingdom of the Holy Land. However the charismatic young Bohemian king and his faithful Lusignan marshall have both recently perished in battle with the Moslem, leaving the holy-land without its guiding lights.

• 1Like
Reactions: