• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrel68

V.I.P. Graphics Guru
4 Badges
Feb 15, 2004
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
The new forum is now open for registration and we hope to see you all there shortly.

Despite this there is no CORE release yet but we do hope we can announce that as well in the near future.

C.O.R.E./V.I.P Forum

Help us make these mods the best they can be.

Tyrel68

Edit:

when you have registered you will get a confirmation email. Make sure to activate your account through this mail and if it ends up in your junk mail it would be a good idea to change your settings as we will also periodically send out news to all registered users about upcomming releases, site changes and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
And many thanks to ghost_dk for hosting the new CORE-VIP site!

closed as per request

The CORE-VIP website has been officially upgraded with a new look and better operation.

Check it out Here

VIP Website 2.0 - Come check it out

For those who have not had a chance yet to check out the new and improved VIP Website over at terranova.dk please take a moment to scope it out. With many performance improvements made by webmaster Ghost_DK, the new website will become the preferred site for the discussion of new event ideas and feedback for VIP.

It also has forums for several other Paradox game user made mods : CORE for HoI2, Fallout for HoI2-DD, and Magna Mundi for EU3.

Do YOU know a lot about history but...

...don't know (or are too lazy) to code events, then continue reading.

Recently, my computer died a slow and painful death on me, which also caused me to lose all the events I had worked on for VIP. I was and still am, disheartened... but I don't want to give up. I could recode all the events but I fear it would be too painful to do all that again.

If you meet the criteria above, then I will submit to you the proposal for an alliance of the grandest scale. If anyone out there wants to give me detailed specific ideas for events (of any size and complexity) I will code them for you and we can submit them to VIP.

I got this idea after reading OH's last paragraphs in the Some complaints/suggestions thread. I don't know much about this historical period but surely there are people who do. If you want to talk, PM me and we can discuss.

Wiking said:
I have plenty ideas for events, my only problem as far as contributing anything to VIP has always been my nonexistent knowledge of coding. If you're serious about this we can work something out. :)
I sent you a PM. PM me back but I might be busy intermittently through out the day.

I have mountains of books concerning the period. I found that Great Britain just kind of slows down after a while, when from 1836 to 1901 there was an armed conflict occuring every year somewhere in her empire (usually joined by two or three other conflicts at the same time). I also know a few things about other periods as well.

VIP events

Viscount Gough said:
I have mountains of books concerning the period. I found that Great Britain just kind of slows down after a while, when from 1836 to 1901 there was an armed conflict occuring every year somewhere in her empire (usually joined by two or three other conflicts at the same time). I also know a few things about other periods as well.
If you want to contribute then you are welcome to. We plan to start a forum at terranova.dk (the vip website) and have the process open to the public. You are welcome to post your ideas there. We were thinking of a system such as, you would post the name of the event and the description and then say what the choices are and the effects of those choices, then I (or others who may contribute) would write an event based on the way you explained it. There would be some effort on the part of the idea provider as you must write the description and other historical background. But I certainly encourage anyone reading this to go and look at it on terranova (when it arrives. We haven't set up the actual thread yet, we plan to do that tomorrow.)

I'm glad to see so many people have said that they have event ideas. To all people who have read this and are interested, a thread has been started at terranova entitled "Ideas for Events" in the VIP development directory. Just post your ideas there. If you are not already registered you will have to register to post.

EDIT: If anyone dosen't want to register for some reason, PM me and we'll try and setup another system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.