• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Finnish

A man of science and culture.
74 Badges
Sep 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
loadscreen.jpg

Loadscreen by Fernando Torres.

scenariove6.png

Scenario icon BETA - By TeutonburgerW​

Starting F.A.Q.

Q: What's this?
A: Anno 2200 is a mod that I begun some months ago.

Q: When it does take place and in what environment?
A: It'll start in 2260 and end is planned for 2300. It's in "normal" world, i.e. no nuclear apocalypse has (yet) occurred.

Q: Robots, Mutants and laser guns included?
A: Yes, but not in very dramatic scale. Robots are manually-ran combat robots, "mutants" are effects of genetic manipulation and laser guns are still in very simple form.

Q: Well, sounds like Fallout to me..
A: This has taken influence from other games/movies setting in future, but as idea this is independent.

Q: What's the balance of power here?
A: See background.

Q: Will there be WMD:s?
A: Yes. One possible "ending" for the mod is a total nuclear war, made possible by enabling nuking like in MDS2 and nations use their nuke stocks in the short hours. Nukes will be VERY effective and nothing will grow in a province struck by nukes of 2200's.

Q: I don't know how to mod, but I got some great ideas!
A: Modding skills are not needed if you want to contribute. Throw your suggestions, and if they are good enough (likely) we will apply it to the mod.

Q: What countries will exist in the mod?
A: Thanks to Neon Explosions, we have a TAG list for countries that exist in 2260 and those that will exist later:

Code:
AFG	Afghanistan
ANG	Angola
ARM	Caucasia
AST	Australia
BEN	Saraha
BLR	Belarus
BRA	Brazil
BUL	Bulgaria
BUR	Burma
BHU	Bangladesh
CAL	California Republic
CAN	Canada
CHC	Liberal China
CHI	China
CON	Congo
CSA	United Southeastern States
CUB	Cuba
CZE	Czechland
EAF	East African Union
ENG	British Republic
ETH	East African Union
FIN	Finland
FRA	European Confederation
GER	Germany
GRE	Greece
GUA	Central America
HAI	Haiti
HUN	Hungary
IDC	Indochina
INO	Indonesia
IND	India
ITA	Italy
IRE	Ireland
ISR	Israel
JAP	Japan
KAZ	Kazakhstan
KOR	Korea
LAT	Latvia
LIB	Gold Coast
LIT	Baltic Federation
MAL	New Guinea
MEX	Mexico
MIN	(Undefined Nation)
MON	Mongolia
NOR	Norway
NZL	New Zealand
PAK	Pakistan
PER	Arabistan
PHI	Phillippines
POL	Poland
PRI	Primorsk
PRU	United States of South America
QUE	Quebec
ROM	Romania
RUS	Russia
SAF	South African Union
SCO	Scotland
SER	Serbia
SIA	Thailand
SIB	Free state of Siberia
SIK	Sinkiang
SOV	Saratov
SWE	Sweden
TEX	Texas
TIB	Tibet
TRA	Ural Republic
TUN	North Africa
TUR	Turkey
U00	Free city of Detroit
U01	Metropolis
U02	Minnesota
U03	Republic of Lakota
U04	Mississippi Republic
U05	Midwest State
U06	Montana
U07	New England
U08	Deseret
U09	Newfoundland and Maritimes
U10	Great Lakes Republic
U11	Cascadia
U12	Pacific Federation
U13	Ostruhr
U14	Colorado
U15	Volga Republic
U16	Astrakhan
U18	Freedom Fighters
U19	Democratic Republic of America
UKR	Ukraine
USA	USA
UZB	Stanistan
VIC	France

ALB	Albania*
ALG	Algeria*
ARG	Argentina*
AUS	Austria*
BOL	Bolivia*
BOS	Bosnia*
CHL	Chile*
COL	Colombia*
CRO	Croatia*
DEN	Denmark*
ECU	Ecuador*
EGY	Egypt*
EST	Estonia*
ICL	Iceland*
IRQ	Iraq*
PAR	Paraguay*
SAU	Arabia*
SCA	Scandinavia*
SLO	Slovenia*
SPA	Spain*
SYR	Levant*
URU	Urugay*
VEN	Venezuela*
Those with * after their name will not yet exist in the 2260 scenario. U19 TAG will maybe not either, but for now it's in the "currently exists" list.

BACKGROUND:
Politics: No major wars since mid-2000's great World War Three, a 20 year conflict. Since then there has been only minor struggles, mainly in Asia and America. No continent is greater than another, but Africa and S-America are still in the bottom of the list.

Former Great powers: In WW3, Russia has been sliced into small pieces, the largest being remote Siberian Free Republic,
an international protection area without government.
The United States of America, now nearly 500 years old, is facing the "Roman Effect", slow decline thanks to
renegade states, foreign invasions, poor politics, economical failure etc.. Now USA is a rump state.
Europe: When things got rough in 2100's, The European Union merged into a single state for during the WW3.
However, after things got better, the (economical) giant wanted to stick together. This caused many countries to break off in violent wars, and now dissent is increasing in it's last areas.
Asia: Japan was on the losing side in WW3, althought Japan suffered only minor damage and losses. China however
broke apart due to internal problems in the one-billion nation. Other countries such as Australia, India and
Indonesia have remained much the same as two hundred
years ago.
Africa: Nearly dead continent. AIDS killed most of population by end of 21th century, and famine, wars and other problems made Africa a huge blob with only it's coasts inhabited. It's inland is pure wilderness, dead and hollow.

Technology: Moon has been colonized, and even Andromeda has been briefly visited. Cloning is legal if the person is
dying, a fact that prevents population decrease which is due to small child birth rate. Militaries still use humans and rifles,
but combat robots have long been in service and battles either take a minute and ten deaths, or ten weeks and hundred
thousand deaths.

Religion and ideology: Humankind is more individualistic than ever, and religions barely exist anymore. Due to UN declaration in 2089 every human has to create his or her own ideology. This has caused political
parties to disappear, and power has considerably centralized in all nations, even in Siberia. Japan and Brazil are currently last
monarchies to exist.

cantbelieveitsnothitler.jpg

Map of Europe in 2260​

INDEX

Approximate map made by one of the supporters.
Maps around the world, with names and TAGs, plus a pre-Beta picture (Finland)
Units
Example of a government (England)
Naval Tech Tree
Infantry Tech Tree
Aircraft Tech Tree
LORE:
Timelines: Europe and America
Timelines: Brazil
Timelines: Brazil, part two.
Timelines: Turkey
Timelines: Canada
Democratic Republic of America - Cause of second US civil war.
Post-WW3 East Europe info
European Confederation - Basic info
European Armed Forces basic tactics
The Android Rebellion

Guide on how to make minister pics.

The Crew (roles vary):

Lord Finnish
JRHINDO
Samuelspellmann
Neon Explosions
Hebelecan
Schwartzkatze
Hatuke
Emperor Ike
TeutonburgerW
SimonFin
Hax
Fernando Torres as an honorary member of the mod

A thanks to Sgt. Optimus for providing us a minimap!

Special thanks to Fernando Torres and WiF mod for excellent colorscales!
Even specialler thanks to Fernando Torres and Luxor for providing forum for this mod!

I_want_you63k.jpg

officialscreenie.jpg
ANNO 2200 official teaser picture.
EDIT: No, that's not Corsica in the Metropolis.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Poland as a local power? I like that :D

samuelspellmann said:
Hey, this mod is great, but I was thinking... What happened with the rest of the world? What about the USA?
Good luck man, if you need something... Try to ask me and I will try help in whaterver I could.
Bye

From scenario_text file:

USA has history of victories, influence and stability since it's independence in 1776. Victorious in both World Wars and defeator of Soviet Union in Cold War, USA had it's greatest influence over world in late 20th century. But by mid-21st century it's power was in decline. Talented politicians were not enough when facing hate from all over the world. NATO was disbanded in late-21st century, and USA was left alone without allies. Dissent and civil wars drove many of it's states declare independence or defect to Mexico, and now USA is a small nation with still large industry base but only 10% of it's original size. The 12-state Union has not ended it's decline, but 'American Spirit' has prevented it from falling. Slowly growing stable, USA's neighbours are increasingly afraid of the strenghtening nation that can eat the others any moment.

Map of USA at the moment:
annousaht8.png

One heck of a puzzle indeed. Most countries are unnamed (lost the name sheet with the previous computer) but Dark Blue is USA, Dark Grey is United States of Southeastern America (CSA in a disguise), Black is Pennsylvania-Boston metropolis area with massive IC and large army, Pink is California and small states in Great Lakes are Detroit and Chicago.

USA will be reduced in size. If not while I re-do the map, it'll happen with in-game events.

I'll contact you when I finish the map. ;)

jonesy1289 said:
Just ideas for names for the Red and Light Blue nations which are "Yet without name".

The Red could be 'Astrakhan', the Light Blue 'Uralic Republic', or something along those lines??

Looks good!

Thanks for that, so they shall be named Astrakhan and Uralic Republic :D

A future mod, sounds fun!!

What about; a Russian Ultra orthodox, ultra nationalistic faction that is at war with the other "Russian factions". Could be a nice late game menace. This could be a "counter movement towards the individualistic, almost atheistic culture".

I think a European Union would be nice. There are some things in Europe that really irritates me though; why are Britain and Ireland united?? I really see no reason. And why have Sweden gone ballistic in Norway and Finland been shrunk. I like the idea of a unstable European Union, perhaps the first conflict in Europe should be between the European Union and the Alliance of European Nations (AEN, separatists).

I don't really see any US States ever secede to Mexico, if not the majority population in these States became Mexican due to immigration of course. Even then most would not want to belong to a nation doomed to be poorer than it's Northern Neighbor. I like US being split up though. Balkanize Canada too and it would be really fun!!

Let's think ideologies, or the lack of them. You wanted individualism to be the strongest ideology, which is quite fun. I was thinking perhaps two blocks; The free minded, those who consider a relatively free and equal society the best way to reach individual wealth and happiness. They have few social rules, but some economic barriers towards letting anyone steal other person's economic happiness. These countries are mostly "Democratic" Federations consisting of very small units. Almost every little town has the right to their own legislation and there are only very vague federal constitutions.
The other block could be the Maximals, where individualism has gone another way, with few rules large corporation has taken full control, democracy does not really exist, instead the nations are fully controlled as they were corporations. The bosses see this as the good results of individual supremacy and consider other people as "those without individuality", meaning those who has been competed out of the society. Humans are just one economic resource among others and the only important thing for these nations are economic win.

The third ideology could be something cooking up in war thorn Russia. A wish to return to old ways of comradeship, morality and religion. Those following this way of thoughts believe the world has lost it's soul, which most be restored. religion need to return to give back a consciousness, and an ethic code of law protecting the people. Living in Communes and Families and caring about each other need to once again be the common way. in Russia these cling to Orthodox Christianity and the thought of Russia having a manifest destiny to save the world. They also intend to bring back Western Christianity, Islam and Buddhism among others as they "liberate" territories where these religions have been dominant.

Ok man. But I was thinkin'... The Canada was (and still is) a member of NATO, and was defeated as well like the USA... So why are they still unnufied? Oh, and why in 200 they do not annexed the north of USA ( Maine, New York, etc )?
This mod looks great, finally we will see a thing from future different from Fallout... :D

yourworstnightm said:
Finland been shrunk.
Not all is lost, Finland has gained St. Petersburg and Estonia. That should be a net increase in power. :)

yourworstnightm said:
The third ideology could be something cooking up in war thorn Russia. A wish to return to old ways of comradeship, morality and religion. Those following this way of thoughts believe the world has lost it's soul, which most be restored. religion need to return to give back a consciousness, and an ethic code of law protecting the people. Living in Communes and Families and caring about each other need to once again be the common way. in Russia these cling to Orthodox Christianity and the thought of Russia having a manifest destiny to save the world. They also intend to bring back Western Christianity, Islam and Buddhism among others as they "liberate" territories where these religions have been dominant.
Maybe this could crop up in America as well? He already seems to have Deseret around. :)

The only improper thing I see so far is the lack of a free Texas. :p ;)

Good luck! :D

yourworstnightm said:
A future mod, sounds fun!!

What about; a Russian Ultra orthodox, ultra nationalistic faction that is at war with the other "Russian factions". Could be a nice late game menace. This could be a "counter movement towards the individualistic, almost atheistic culture".

I think a European Union would be nice. There are some things in Europe that really irritates me though; why are Britain and Ireland united?? I really see no reason. And why have Sweden gone ballistic in Norway and Finland been shrunk. I like the idea of a unstable European Union, perhaps the first conflict in Europe should be between the European Union and the Alliance of European Nations (AEN, separatists).

I don't really see any US States ever secede to Mexico, if not the majority population in these States became Mexican due to immigration of course. Even then most would not want to belong to a nation doomed to be poorer than it's Northern Neighbor. I like US being split up though. Balkanize Canada too and it would be really fun!!

Let's think ideologies, or the lack of them. You wanted individualism to be the strongest ideology, which is quite fun. I was thinking perhaps two blocks; The free minded, those who consider a relatively free and equal society the best way to reach individual wealth and happiness. They have few social rules, but some economic barriers towards letting anyone steal other person's economic happiness. These countries are mostly "Democratic" Federations consisting of very small units. Almost every little town has the right to their own legislation and there are only very vague federal constitutions.
The other block could be the Maximals, where individualism has gone another way, with few rules large corporation has taken full control, democracy does not really exist, instead the nations are fully controlled as they were corporations. The bosses see this as the good results of individual supremacy and consider other people as "those without individuality", meaning those who has been competed out of the society. Humans are just one economic resource among others and the only important thing for these nations are economic win.

Thanks for feedback!

- I will indeed create a ideological far-anti-individualistic "menace" for late-game showdown, but haven't found a good place for them. I thought them as somewhat underground organization that would take over some area (declare independence).

- European Union has been struggling with separatists for all it's time, and as of 2260 they have - as can be seen - lost majority of their land areas. Each free country will be given a choise of attacking or allying the EU in a grand European war that will start some years after start. That war will decide that if Europe becomes united again or will Europe balkanize, for good.

- I though about making Ireland, but instead I put it occupied by British Commonwealth. BC is pretty much same style England as was Cromwell's Commonwealth. It is a republic, and very eager to take over all Britain. It will end up in war with Scots too.

- Now as I noticed it, in the original plan Sweden and Norway were indeed separate countries. That shall be in mod too.

- Finland was invaded by Russia during WW3, and had to cede eastern/northern Finland to it. Land around Gulf of Finland were granted after the war, but the Russian-occupied area remained Russian. I'd return St. Petersburg to Russia but that would cut Finland apart.

- Immigration made the states Mexican, and in the mod Mexico has taken the lead in America's economy by making profit of US civil wars. Why they joined Mexico is that for instance Mexico invaded them, and US economical decline made central US a very poor area.

- I don't really know how should Canada be balkanized. There are no ethnic minorities, no historical states (except Quebec, ofcourse) so it would rely on imagination quite much. But I'll consider it.

- I agree on what you wrote about ideologies.

- Russia can be made such fanatic nation and I like your idea, but making Russia the biggest button in the shirt is not according to my plans.

Actually I also wondered about changes in nordic areas, especially Sweden annexing Norway and northern part of Finland seprated from south. As an Finn I have hard time to see that Finns would be divided. More likely outcome of global unrest I would see Finland, Sweden and Norway to form some sort of union and isolating itself.
There have been talk of forming some sort of nordic defence- union for some time and major global crisis and threat would surely be a good reason to form that union.

Just wondering on my part, like yourworstnightm.

SimonFin said:
Actually I also wondered about changes in nordic areas, especially Sweden annexing Norway and northern part of Finland seprated from south. As an Finn I have hard time to see that Finns would be divided. More likely outcome of global unrest I would see Finland, Sweden and Norway to form some sort of union and isolating itself.
There have been talk of forming some sort of nordic defence- union for some time and major global crisis and threat would surely be a good reason to form that union.

Just wondering on my part, like yourworstnightm.

Well, I am finnish too and find no problem in it. Finland will be a dictatorship that urges to regain the lost territories, too.

But yes, nordic countries have been planned in 2AM o'clock , without caffeine and without any serious planning.

Lord Finnish said:
Well, I am finnish too and find no problem in it. Finland will be a dictatorship that urges to regain the lost territories, too.

But yes, nordic countries have been planned in 2AM o'clock , without caffeine and without any serious planning.

That was posted before your reply ;)

I thought and wondered about Finland been divided as people. Your explanation about the case makes sense.
Dictatorship, that really makes sense! :) We are bit like lambs that can be told what to do to certain point. :)

ozidnz said:
It looks great but Grand Arabia owns Middle and East Anatolia?

Turkey didn't like the idea of joining GA so they invaded it. Now Turkey is fighting for it's independence.

Made to provoke war between EU and GA.

Add Quebec! would make Canada a bit different... it would likely side with the EU (its trade are already importants with Europe, but if the USA had decayed so much it would likely enter EU's sphere of influence).

Large hydroelectrical power plants already exist here but there is the potential for something HUGE in the future- it could be the local energy dealer (already export alot of energy in the NE US states).

And why the South Coast of the St-Lawrence is alway given to the US or to some other country? I live there and I can tell you that the population here have much more to share with the peoples of the other side of the river. This river has alway been more a mean of communication than a border.

I beleive it would be interesting in the region. A free Vermont too, while we are at it. :)

Edit: Also I beleive that the whole thing would make more sence if the modern borders would be more respected. Following WW2 no huge changes happened, I see no reason why nationalities would mix up so much.

Last edited: