• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dragoon9105

General
76 Badges
Mar 14, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
kT9koTW.png

If you were looking for Part 1 you can find it Here! If you were looking for part 2 you can find it Here!
A Short Summary:

Previously in history the Anniona dynasty rose from obscurity out of the borderlands between Bavaria and Bohemia. quickly rising to power in the region ushering in an age of Religious and Imperial Conquest that would lead to a restored Western Roman Empire, the Christianization of Europe, Spain and North Africa. Though the Austrian emperors soon grew complacent after defeating the Sunset Invasion and the Dynasty fell into decay, decadence and collapse. House Anniona and its Cadet Branches still rule Europe but years of incest, corruption and possible demonic possession afflicting Austrian Emperors shattered the once great Empire leading to the Infamous Edict of Vienna of 1412.

Over the next Four Hundred years house Anniona has claws its way back up to the top. Using the very rules dictated by the Edict of Vienna to unite the Holy Roman Empire once again. Though there were sacrifices. The Protestant reformation was crushed in its infancy, and the Various cultures and peoples of Europe have been subverted conquered or otherwise oppressed by the Holy League, A Joint alliance between The Celtic Empire, Holy Roman Empire and Russian Empire.

Austria also carved out the largest Colonial Empire in the history of the world Controlling at it's height over half of the Americas, Japan, South Africa and the Congo, and Uniting the Bloodlines of the Aztec and Japanese Emperors into the Annionan Bloodline, meaning that all Austria Emperors are now theoretically descended from not one but two different sungods as well as the original Founders of the house. The Anniona Cadet Branch of Anniona-Bretagne currently rules in the Celtic and Eastern Roman Empires, as well as Spain and Cordoba.

We Pick up out Story just as the Fires of Napoleon's Italian revolution have died. The Austrian Colonies of Argentina, Guyana and Peru have been lost. Meanwhile the Raj of Kosala and the Wu Empire of China have westernized and threaten to displace the Holy Roman Empire as the greatest power in the world.

Still a Reactionary Absolute Monarchy it will be up to House Anniona to catch up to the Chinese and Indian states while also preserving the Balance of Power Europe. The Concert of Europe has started, Its time to let the Music play.

Some House Rules I'm keeping too:
1. No going over the Infamy Limit
2. No Cheating though I reserve the right to use the console to fix borders made by bad AI peacedeals
3. No abusing Ruling party changes to get reforms, only to switch in and out of being able to build factories
4. If I lose Italy through war or Rebels (Highly unlikely) I must form the SGF (which I've renamed to the Danubian Federation)

Some Goals for this Campaign:
1. Be Number 1 at the end.
2. Keep the Anniona's on the Throne, Which means not letting any Rebels succeed.
3. Stay as an Absolute Monarchy as long as humanly possible.
4. Reclaim through Sphering or Conquest Austria's south american colonies.
5. Form Germany if i lose Italy.
6. Sphere Byzantium should they fall from Grace.

I'm using a custom modified Vicky 2 Converted save from Eu4 with the American Cores mod adding in to make the New World a bit more dynamic and Give the Knight's Transient, New Anglia and Argentina a chance to become this world's America. However unlikely that may be.

Chapter List:

The Italian Interregnum Part 1 2 3 4 5
State of the World 1836: Europe, America, Asia and Africa, Holy Roman Empire
Chapter 1: Guns Drums and Steel
Chapter 2: A Most Eventful Year
Chapter 3: The Changing Guard
Chapter 4: Priests, Popes and Paupers
Chapter 5: The Congress of Prague
Chapter 6: Stallion of the North
Chapter 7: National Winter
Chapter 8: Imperialism Eternal
Chapter 9: Let the Flag Fly Higher
Chapter 10: The Northern Winds Howl
Chapter 11: The War of Three Brothers
Chapter 12: The Eagles Clash
Chapter 13: A Quest for Peace
Chapter 14: National Crossroads
Chapter 15: Taking Charge (Part 2)
Chapter 16: The Seeds Grow
Chapter 17: Oriental Affairs
Chapter 18: The Khan Bows
Chapter 19: The Steppe Controversy
Chapter 20: Brave New World
Chapter 21: Non Nobis Domine
Chapter 22: War in the East
Chapter 23: Destiny Calls
Chapter 24: The Greek Flu
Chapter 25: The Hydra Rises
Chapter 26: The Year of Confederations
Chapter 27: Left in the Cold
Chapter 28: Anarchy
Chapter 29: The Watch on the Rhine
Chapter 30: The New Orleans War
Chapter 31: Day in the Jungle
Chapter 32: Afrika
Chapter 33: Down South in Dixie
Chapter 34: The Scottish Question
Chapter 35: The Concert Ends
Chapter 36: A Home and Abroad
Chapter 37: Red Winter
Chapter 38: Blood on the Flag
Chapter 39: Tensions Abroad
Chapter 40: Their own Brand of Freedom
Chapter 41: All the Tea in China
50 years of Anniona and Iron (World Update #1)
Chapter 42: The Hungry Beast
Chapter 43: Seek and Destroy
Chapter 44: Another Fleeting Peace
Chapter 45: Setting the Stage
Chapter 46: Opening Act
Chapter 47: 1st Symphony
Chapter 48: 2nd Movement
Chapter 49: 3rd Number
Chapter 50: The Guns Fall Silent
Chapter 51: The Grave of Empires
Chapter 52: The Collapse of 1899
Chapter 53: Turn of the Century
Chapter 54: Black Thursday
Chapter 55: Peace in our Time
Chapter 56: Occupation Hazard
Chapter 57: Protectors of the Free
Chapter 58: Strength and Honor
Chapter 59: Why we Fight

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ah, the new era begins! Congrats on making it to the V2 portion. The goals look good, and I believe you will be able to succeed.

With the world obviously working differently in this game, can we expect some dev diaries to see how the world looks now?

Another megacampaign I've only noticed rather late! Guess I've got some reading to do!

I've been a lurker on this AAR since we started in October, and I just want to say that it's bloody fantastic. Glory to house Anniona! If a Great War were to come along, would the HRE be like the Central Powers or the Axis Powers and try to conquer Europe in a huge war? Or are you saving that for HOI?

I've been a lurker on this AAR since we started in October, and I just want to say that it's bloody fantastic. Glory to house Anniona! If a Great War were to come along, would the HRE be like the Central Powers or the Axis Powers and try to conquer Europe in a huge war? Or are you saving that for HOI?
My guess would be that WWI would be fought for the same reasons our WWI was fought for, but in HOI the glorious Annonia Empire will put all the Communists and Fascists in their place and show them that they must obey the word of divinely appointed monarchs! It would be similar to Wiz's Hohenzollern LP, which you should really check out.

Finally, and amazing! I have never even been able to finish a game of just ck2. Any advice?

My guess would be that WWI would be fought for the same reasons our WWI was fought for, but in HOI the glorious Annonia Empire will put all the Communists and Fascists in their place and show them that they must obey the word of divinely appointed monarchs! It would be similar to Wiz's Hohenzollern LP, which you should really check out.

Cool! You got aspirations for world conquest?

The Italian Interregnum: Part 1
18980_385napolean.jpg

(Napoleon Bonaparte serving as the delegate of Corsica)
Napoleon di Bonaparte was an Italian Born Nobleman originally from Corsica. At a young age Napoleon had joined the MIlitary, serving in two of the three Steppe wars, Serving in the Imperial Army of the Danube, the army detachment assigned to hold Constantinople, Edirne and Athens while the heaviest fighting was conducted in Crimea and Alania. During his tour of service Napolean spend much of his time studying and defeating Byzantine guerrillas in the rough terrain of greece. Still A young officer at the time Napoleon quickly rose through the ranks of the Austrian Military and was continually promoted until reaching the position of Colonel before he was blocked from further advancement by the more conservative Austrian officer corp due to his Italian Origins.
His final tour with the Austrian military would the Imperial counter-invasion of France. Again a young Napoleon displayed heroism and an adept skill at commanding his fellow men in the heat of battle and was again blocked by more conservative Generals like Walther and Von Hess. Disillusioned with the military Napoleon took up politics, two years later won the nomination to the Reichsfrat as Corsica's representative. In the following years Bonaparte became increasingly more vocal about the cause of Italian Independence, speaking openly to the Reichsfrat about the lack of true representation in the government and the Mistreatment of Minorities, mainly Italians. When the Reichsrat conspiracy had attempted to Overthrow the government it had been Napoleon that had used his friends in the Military to provide them an opportunity. When it was discovered that Crown Prince Karl Joseph had recently left on a holiday to Bohemia, Napoleon and several of his more trusted conspirators set the capital building aflame, and arranged for similar fires throughout the city. The hope likely being to sow enough confusion that Napoleon could contact revolutionaries across Italy and form a cohesive resistance to the Austrian Military.

CKyMQYYWIAAMc2I.jpg

(Lady Liberty leading Italian revolutionaries to their deaths)
Since the Integrations of Kasserine Imeltrude, Italy was had grown to become one an important and Integral part of the Empire. Home to almost 30% of the Empire's population the new Imperial Economy and military was dependent on Italian participation to remain competative against the Eastern Roman and Celtic Empires. To make matters worse much of the Modern Imperial navy used older Italian ships, manned by of course Primarily Italian crewmen. Now with Italy in full revolt Italian and other Opportunist officers, soldiers and sailors deserted en-masse, combined with Napoleon's now swelling Civilian Militias in Venezia, Firenze and Genoa it was quickly becoming apparent that this revolt would be far from short.

revolutionary-war-pictures-15.jpg

Meanwhile in Far-away Kolonia a different rebellion was starting. Sensing opportunity due to the destruction of Vienna the American revolutionaries decided to make good on their threats of war. The Imperial Garrison at Montevideo was seized in the dead of night, The first of many Loyalist forts to fall. Within a year nearly the entire southern half of Austria's colonial Empire had been lost. The Fighting in Guyana however would be much bloodier, due to recent conflicts with the Portuguese and Cordobans a small division of the Imperial fleet had been left at Cumana as well as Various Imperial detachments stationed along the coastline to fight smuggling operations. It was here the Colonists faced their first real resistance.​

jan30_003.jpg

(General Andrew von Hessen in Imperial Black and Yellow)​

General Andrew von Hessen was originally a Naval officer and was notable for his strict and stern style of command, something that would be noted and studied for generations after his death. Von Hessen was first and foremost not an aristocrat despite colonial propaganda staying otherwise, he owned a small homestead in Croatia no larger than he could afford on his original naval salary. More the soldier than the negotiator, Hessen favored a heavy hand in dealing with the Colonial Rebels. The Entire Austrian Administration of Guyana was removed by Von Hessen's command on charges of Cowardice, Treason and Suspected Conspiracy. In their place Hessen placed the Guyana provinces under strict Martial Law. The Colonists which had planned to revolt found difficulty organizing under Hessen's rule at first but such strict policies in fact only Inspired more to revolt in time and soon despite his best efforts Von Hessen faced a massive rebellious population, bent on having him, and his commanders killed.​

tumblr_m5umgkSd9J1rqou96o1_500.jpg

(Battle of Fort Candescence between Colonials in Red against Native recruits)​

To compensate for increasing unrest and the growing organization of rebel armies gathering in the Amazon, General Von Hessen looked to Native Americans to augment his own forces. The Natives, while not as well trained as Proper Austrian Soldiers had waited years for an opportunity to give true and proper battle to the Colonists who had destroyed and raided their homes and enslaved their ancestors in decades past.

At the battle of Caracas, rebels, donning Red dyed coats charged the combined Native-Imperial forces atop Fort Candescence in such great numbers that General Von Hessen's men ran out of Ammunition and had to resort to fighting with their Bayonets, Rifles and Swords. The Poorly supplied rebels had of course been in a similar situation since the start of the battle, though ironically enough the native soldiers fared far better. Still the Rebels through sheer force of numbers managed to seize caracas, overwhelming the surviving garrisons at Fort Candescance, Fort Luminescence and Fort Luxury. When General Von Hessen himself returned with the Caribbean Navy and a full cannon Battalion the rebels had already moved on to link up with Kolonian and Peruvian soldiers traveling through Neutral Columbia.​

french-revolution-4.jpg

(Italian Congress at Firenze)​

Meanwhile in the Italian Capital of Florence, delegates from across the peninsula, as well as Corsica, Malta, Sardinia and Sicily met in a what would be called the First Italian Constitutional Convention. There The 'Ius Populi' was signed by nearly four hundred delegates, a basic constitution for the newborn Italian Republic. The Document laid out the rights of all Free Men and modeled the Italian Government to be based on the Roman Republic of Old, with a Senate, Two Consuls as well as the addition of a Judicial branched called 'The Halls of Justice'. The New Government quickly sued for Peace with Austria, whom was still licking their own wounds from the loss of Vienna as well as defeats at Milan and Venezia. Kaiser Franz-Joseph under pressure from his generals and French allies agreed to a ceasefire, and no other peace terms, the war would likely continue but it would do so only after the Crisis of South America had been resolved, and the Holy Roman Empire reorganized with military with Czech, Gothic and Notably Japanese soldiers to replace the rebel italians.
091a9e26463f4da57a775bc07af71017.jpg

With peace, at least for the time being, a new, and darker face of the Italian revolution quickly appeared. The Rabble who now controlled Italia, were ready to take their revenge on those they saw hindered their progress towards freedom.​

Last edited:
Ah, the new era begins! Congrats on making it to the V2 portion. The goals look good, and I believe you will be able to succeed.

With the world obviously working differently in this game, can we expect some dev diaries to see how the world looks now?

Yep' I plan on doing a general world update once the Revoltionary Period 1818-1836 is summed up. Though the biggest nerf i needed to give myself is using Vanilla Pop Conversion (Using the Converters own method of pop redistribution gives me like 80% of the worlds population because of how developed italy was in EU.

So now I've got about Half the Population of WU, which Wu controls about half of China so it should be pretty challenging, I've also done some other things to nerf me a bit, and help out the powers around me.

Well to be fair, this HRE since it lies on top at the start would be closer to Britain than Germany as far as her Role in the world. For Austria to be successful she needs to Maintain the Status Quo, and erode the power of her Competitors in Asia. The Key to doing this of course is likely going to be a mix of Africa, and a building a strong Industrial Base in Bohemia, and Austria Proper.

So what I'm getting from that intro is you still have California and Alaska.

GOOOOOOOOLD!

:p

Finally, and amazing! I have never even been able to finish a game of just ck2. Any advice?

Well doing a Megacampaign certaintly helps, since it gives you that extra kick to keep going. The AAR helps too. My key to not getting bored to death in CK is Find an eneny who is stronger than you but not very and just take minor gains from them over and over to keep you occupied when you are bored, for me this was Byzantium. also try to resist the Urge to steamroll everything, or release King vassals on your border once and a while. Sunset Invasion, Speed 5 and doing whacky things like invading India also help alot.

Cool! You got aspirations for world conquest?

Just got to reclaim Europe for house Anniona :p, After All i conquered it in CK2 and those damned Traitors revolted away from me.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I love the Native-Imperial forces working together. Sounds like a good opportunity for Europeans to recognize the skill of the New World counterparts.

No! Napoleon! Don't go full Robespierre, please! It would be quite ironic if this version of Napoleon was finally defeated by French generals Joachim Murat and Michel Ney.

This new beta patch doesn't break your savefile, right?

Yea, works ok, im still working on the mod though so the working save File I'm using i might not need anyway
The Italian Interregnum: Part 2
KNWgol4.png

(Europe Following the Peace of Venezia 1824)
With an unsteady truce over Europe for the time being it was only Natural Italy would find other radical allies to support themselves. These Allies would come in in the form of Empires both Colonial and revolutionary that had been attacked by the Holy League in years past.

The Republic of Denmark had been on the decline since a Military Coup overthrew their own republic after a disastrous war with the Celtic Empire. With Denmark supporting the rogue Italian Republic the Kingdom of Westphalia, sided instead with the Holy League in hopes to retake more territory from the Danish. The Republic of Africa, which had overthrown Anniona rule nearly a century ago threw their minor weight behind the Italians, hopeful to use the war as an opportunity to retake Algeria, On a Similar note, House Umayyad of Portugal had thrown themselves behind the revolutionaries in hopes to retake colonial possessions seized by the Holy League in Africa and Asia.

Meanwhile Russia and Byzantium both licking thier wounds from the last Steppe war agreed to a pact of mutual neutrality, signed the Treaty of Crimea 1823 stating that neither would become involved in European Politics until the Italian crisis was over. The Kingdom of Spain, which was in the midst of a civil war against the reactionary Karlists also declared it's neutrality. Cordoba who was involved in several colonial wars would eventually do so as well.

j7eDiX2.png

(Flag of the Celtic Empire, Called the Celtic Jack)​

The Celtic Empire however would stand with her Kinsmen in the Holy Roman Empire. The Holy League of 1444 was founded by the Union of the French and German halves of House Anniona, this new Anti Monarchist state in Italy threatened the order and the peace that France and Austria had sacrificed so much to maintain. The Bretons declared wholeheartedly for the Holy League and prepared to commit themselves to putting down Napoleon once and for all.
Bonaparte_PremierConsul.jpg

(2nd Congress of Firenze and the Declaration of Napoleon Bonaparte and Alexander di Liguria as Co-Consuls)​

Napoleon meanwhile was named First Consul alongside Alexander di Liguria a half Breton intellectual from Genoa. Though the position was mostly for formality sake as Napoleon controlled the Military regardless of whatever position he held in the new Italian government. Napoleon was given Supreme command of all allied forces and used this command to great effect, defeating the french general Joachim Murat at Milan and then defeating Friedrich Walther at Venezia allowing for his comrades in Firenze to start negotiating a peace with the Holy League.

Once the Peace of Venezia was signed Napoleon took his army south into the Kingdom of Sicily where he aided the seizure of lands belonging to the nobility and took Kingdom Rodrigo IV Anniona hostage. Napoleon however surprisingly found resistance among the south Italian population which unlike his native corsica had predominantly been ruled by Native born monarchs. Napoleon's arrest of the Monarch was seen as an invasion though through compromise with the local smuggler families were the Monarchists finally arrested and put down.​

Carlo_II_di_Parma.jpg

(Portrait of a Young Rodrigo IV)
King Rodrigo IV of Sicily was a fervent Anti-Revolutionary. Ironically enough he or his family held no love for the Anniona's of Austria either, this put King Rodrigo in an awkward position. With no real political power left due to the Centralization of the Empire Rodrigo became an outspoken supporter for a moderate approach, he argued for a constitutional monarchy similar to the Greek system should be set up. Of course many in the new Italian Senate saw this as thinly veiled opportunism for Absolutists to retake the government. Rodrigo was named an enemy of the italian state and sentenced to imprisonment.

Rodrigo however had made friends among the moderates in the senate long before the revolution and continued to have letters smuggled out of his jail proposing that Napolean be named King of Italy under a Byzantine styled constitutional Monarchy, instead of the Faux republic. As well as several suggestions on how to create peace with Austria such as marrying Karl-Joseph's daughter Princess Maria.

When some of these letters were discovered by the more Radical Alexander di Liguria the second Consul sidestepped the authority of both the Senate and Napoleon and ordered Rodrigo executed for treason against the state.

furia-giacobina.jpg

(Execution of Rodrigo IV)​

This would be the first acts of a new order headed by Alexander di Liguria known as the Committee of Greater Republicanism. A glorified secret police with the agenda of hunting down monarchists and in many cases moderates within Italy and executing them. Napoleon, who was busy putting down revolts and the organization of the Latin Alliance against Absolutism could do nothing to stop his Co-Consul's reign of terror, at least for the time being.​

Jean-Paul_Marat_portre.jpg

(Alexander di Liguria, Co Consul of the Italian Republic)
Alexander's Committee quickly became an arm of terror used by the Consul to instill loyalty and seek out dissenters within the Italian Senate. Opportunists wishing to find themselves in the Consul's good graces formed Anti Absolutist committees throughout Italy, hunting down those they thought were too conservative, monarchist or simply ideologically opposed to proper Radical Italian Revolutionarism. With the invention of the Guillotine, such executions had become all too easy to perform.

For nearly two years di Liguria supporters were active, resulting in the deaths of Thousands of suspected 'absolutists'. The Imperial Senate's moderate voices had slowly been silenced, one by one until only two camps remained in Italy. Alexanders 'Republicans' and those that had found Political safety in aligning themselves with Napoleon. Napoleon despite Alexander's growing power had been virtually untouchable, he was the leader of the Military and the only hope for Italy when the truce eventually ran out. Though Alexander and his supporters quickly had begun to believe that Italy would no longer need Napolean if the final remnants of the Italian nobility could be extinguished and the foul legacy of Austrian absolutism finally abolished.

The conflict Alexander di Liguria and Napoleon finally came to a head during a disagreement over Rome during a session of congress. Alexander had believed the Pope to be but one of the many heads of the Austrian Hydra, and that now with many of the monarchist elements of the Kingdom purged the last nail could be driven to erase Austria's corruption of italy, forever. Napoleon ever the moderate flatly refused stating: "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit." di Liguria, furious threatened to declare Napolean an enemy of the state and a monarchist supporter. It would be the last time Di Liguria would attend the Italian congress.
main-qimg-4219192b08f721ac68e935d33aaad018

Consul di Liguria was found dead in his bath a week later. A note in his hands declaring his intent to overthrow the Republic and finalize his plans to destroy the church as well as execute any of Napoleon's supporters who would not back his coup. The letter of course was of suspect authenticity, and was written in plain Italian rather than the Latin which Di Liguria normally wrote in. With Alexander Di Liguria dead his supporters scattered to the wind, and the remaining elements of the Senate were now wholly loyal to Napoleon and Napoleon Alone. Though being the sole Consul of Italy would not be enough, with the Radical elements of the country purged and Di Liguria followers discredited Napoleon would lead Italy in a New direction. A Referendum was called in the Italian senate, the result was 90% For, 8% against, 2% undecided.​

27_3.jpg

Napoleon, would be King of Italy.​

Last edited:
Love the Celtic Empire flag. Even better, the explanation of what happened in Italy was beautifully written. Napoleon, King of Italy... I don't see him lasting long.

Reactions:
The Italian Interregnum: Part 3
125371-004-D84AAF2A.jpg

With the Uneasy truce between the Latin and Holy alliances in europe fast approaching General Andrew Von Hessen was put under increased pressure to end the colonial revolts in America. While the Colonists lacked the proper supplies and training to fight on a modern battlefield through years of colonial warfare against the Portuguese they had developed a knack for Guerilla warfare. Whenever Andrew Von Hessen left the safety of Caracas or other large colonial cities his army would be constantly harassed by Rebels.​

M9NBWpN.png

Meanwhile Kolonia, Brasilien and Peru had officially reorganized their administrations from a colonial governments into a proper national congress. Based on their own colonial borders three new nations were assembled. Paraguay, Argentina and Peru each following the examples of the Byzantine System, with a three branch government of a Monarch, Legislative branch and Judicial branch. Though the naming varied, House Medici-Fugger provided a member of their dynasty to Argentina and Paraguay while Peru propped up a distant Anniona cousin.

The First act of the new South American brotherhood was a formal declaration of war on Austria, with intent to liberate the Republic of Venezuela from Austrian Guyana. Within a year Peruvian troops properly trained an armed arrived in Caracas, signaling the beginning of the end.

jb_revolut_yorktown_1_e.jpg

(Imperial Surrender at Guria)
Outnumbered now General Andrew Von Hessen continued to fight a losing war until the Army of Guyana was defeated on the small Guria peninsula while awaiting Naval reinforcements from Austria. Reinforcements that never came. Andrew Von Hessen was forced to surrender to the Colonials, and recognize Venezuelan Independence, the last of Austria's Colonies in South America had been lost. Though with Von Hessen and his men being held hostage the question arose, exactly why reinforcements from Austria did not arrive.

600px-Flag_of_the_Napoleonic_Kingdom_of_Italy.svg.png

(Napoleonic Flag of Italy)
With the Truce of Venezia expiring Napoleon took the Italian fleet and intervened in the spanish civil war. The Spanish who had been exhausted over nearly a decade of warfare were no match for Napoleon's newer tactics especially once the Portuguese invaded from the west, following an alliance with Napoleon. Within a year Napoleon had put down both factions of the spanish civil war in what would be remembered as the first Peninsular campaign. Catalonia and Valencia were ceded to Italy. To ensure terms of his peace Napoleon's brother Joseph was placed upon the throne of Spain and a token parliament similar to the Italian senate was introduced consisting of Spanish military personnel loyal to House Bonaparte.
400px-Joseph-Bonaparte.jpg

(Joseph Bonaparte, King of Spain)​

With Spain now part of the Latin Alliance, King Napoleon prepared himself to fight the French in Occitania. When 1826 finally came around and the Truce of Venezia had come up, Combined Spanish-Italian forces invaded Occitania, quickly defeating the local garrisons and taking defensive positions for the French Counterattack. Meanwhile Austrian armies, wary of Napoleon held back making minor gains against Napoleon's generals left in Italy. The Combined Imperial-French fleet meanwhile seized Sicily, Sardinia and even Napoleon's native Corsica, defeating the Italian fleet outside Palermo.
At Toulouse Napoleon clashed with the French once again, taking advantage of the aging french tactics to his advantage, defeating the army of Joachim Murat yet again. With the French sent back and the Austrians being held at Venice Napoleon set about seizing Aquitaine. Meanwhile the Byzantine Parliament had begun to show more and more Sympathy for the Italians and their struggle to introduce democracy to Europe. Eventually this would culminate of the breaking of Byzantine Neutrality and war once again being declared between the Holy Roman Empire and The Byzantines who had begun to Invade Bulgaria and Serbia.

France.OSM.JPG

(Italian-Portuguese Forces winning the Battle of Toulouse)​

With new and powerful allies Napoleon himself returned to the Austrian front. The Loss of the Italian Navy as well as Sicily were severe blows, Blows Napoleon would attempt to heal. The Holy Roman Empire had one key advantage of Italy, unable to break Napoleon on land the Empire was reliant on its fleet to raid Italian cities and support their ground forces. Taking away the Illyrian coastline would rob Austria of any ports or shipbuilding facilities in the Mediterranean outside of the occupied Italian islands as well as Enable himself to build a powerful fleet to link up with the Byzantine and Portuguese Navies and run the Austrians out of the sea.. The plan was simple, Napoleon would push south along the Illyrian coastline seizing or destroying ports, shipping facilities and ships at drydock. Then link with his greek Allies in Serbia and push north for Budapest and later Vienna in Prague in hopes of forcing another truce with Austria, long enough he could rebuild some semblance of his navy.

31620923_428pxPjotrchristianowitschwittgenstein_by_Kruger.jpg

The Plan ultimately failed however as Austrian forces fresh from the Danish front arrived in Ragusa under the command of General Friedrich Walther. Walther was one of the oldest living Generals in Austria, During the Third Steppe war Walther was appointed Supreme commander of the MIlitary, and despite anti monarchist sentiment penetrating several layers of the chain of commander Walther remained a fervent Monarch and even a self proclaimed absolutist. His tactics however were proven old and outdated during the Italian revolution, but rather than stubbornly sticking to the same tried and true doctrine as the French did, Walther adapted to Napoleons tactics putting them in practice against the Danish to great effect with only a token force. Now Walther was in the south for his rematch with the King of Italy, Westphalian allies in tow.

The Battle however slightly favored the Italians who had been heavily fighting the French and Austrians for nearly a continous year. Walther did have one key advantage however, one that he used, The Imperial Navy. Walther focused his fortifications at Ragusa such that the weakest side always faced the sea. He also kept a large amount of cavalry and manpower in reserve within the city, beyond the Eyes of Italian spies or scouts. Each time Napoleon attempted to strike at his weakened Flank, he'd be caught in killing field, with Austrians guns from the Adriatic raining hell whenever the Reserves were activated. Napoleon of course quickly became wise to this technique but not quick enough as Walther's Westphalian allies quickly arrived and cut off a large chunk of Napoleon's army of Illyria. Napoleon's own allies, the Byzantines had become bogged down in Bulgaria and Serbia, the difficult terrain along with hardened Austrian fortifications would block any further advances to the north at least for the time being.​

6gQC0An.png

(Extent of Napoleon's Gains)

Ragusa was saved, and Napoleon was forced to treated, Now it was time to go on the offensive.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed that Russia didn't get to play the savior of Europe like it did in our timeline. Still, nice to see a staunch member of the old order learning and countering Napoleon's tactics. Too many AARs treat the anti-Revolutionaries as if they couldn't or wouldn't adapt at all, even on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Reactions: