• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(49842)

Recruit
Oct 28, 2005
I think this would go in here; A friend and I were messing around with austro-hungarian empire and the ottoman empire and the what-if they had survived WWI. What is the simplest way to mod this into a 1933 scenario? We tried simply using the annexing event for austria and Anschluss and changing the country to HUN and the trigger, but no luck. It doesn't freeze it simply doesn't pop. Also we tried going into the scenario folder and changing all the provinces owned to include both countries. That caused a game freeze during loading. Novice modders here, so step by step would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Its just that there isn't many that mod iron cross. I have made some of my own tweaks, but nothing that i would call a mod.

Why can't you just make an event to inherit hungary for austria. And add cores on whatever else you want. That way you get something to do as well.

As for ottoman empire, i have no clue for that. you could just remove all the provinces from all the other countries out of theirs and into yours.

Both AH and Ottoman Empìre are available as revolters in Iron Cross

First you need to "remove" Austria and Hungary from the scenario file and substitute them by AH. For the Ottoman Empire do the same with Turkey.
Also, to both countries add as much Core provinces as you want. Take care that each province you add to AH and OTT must be removed to the current owner's ai file.

I assume that you know the basics for modding the scenario file and such stuff, if not, do not hesitate to ask

Definately new at this...

Well, I have reloaded the game twice now as we must have removed the wrong charecter somewhere in our attempts to mod. I read the wiki files to try and learn how to mod, but might be too block headed to get it right the first dozen times. So if I add the provinces to austria I have to go into AI hungary and remove them? Also I now have noticed (since first post) that these events are listed in several different places, and some of them are in spanish. Which events folder should I be doing the mod in? I wanted it to take effect at the beginning of the 1933 scenario. Thank you for your responses, I was having no luck researching the secret modders handshake online either.
Also I installed the game over Arsenal of Democracy. So does this mean changes that I read about on AOD forum will work for IRON Cross?

Last edited: