• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(33638)

Colonel
Aug 27, 2004
12:03am 13 April 1416 A campsite outside Calias in Northern France

“I see the fall of a great tree, blood seeps from its branches, the birds in their nest cry out for vengeance and through the blood a white light shines on a silver sword.”

With that the old crone fell silent.

“What the hell is that meant to mean to stupid old baggage? I knew I shouldn’t have wasted my time with you. Here is you 10 ducats, I am off to find a whore that hasn’t been with 15 men tonight, though there is fat chance of that.”

Throwing the money on the table a tall man strides of the tent, as he walks on his band gathers around him. Light brown hair, strong jaw and deep brown eyes that sparkle seem plain with the red hand dye on the front and back of his robes.

BBBD.jpg

The hunky hero of our tale

Stephen, Lord of Antrim marches through the English army campsite in search of ….satisfaction.

For 5 years the Lord of Antrim and his 50 followers had been paid handsomely for their services in the army of the English King, for 5 years they had slaughtered, plundered, raped and brutalised the French countryside in another’s name.

“So sick of these filthy English dogs, how I hate them and love their gold.” Thought Sir Stephen looking at the drunk and debauched infantry sprawled by the fire, some with women, some with men and even one bloke with a watermelon (no idea where he got that).

Then someone bumped into Sir Stephen, without blinking he had spun the man around and broke his neck. As the broken man slide to the ground a toffee voice was heard “I say, you there! Yes you, you oafish rapscallion! You just killed my steward!”

“Then you should have kept him on a shorter leash.” retorted Stephen grinning.
“You don’t know who I am do you oaf?”
“No, should I and call me oaf again and die.”

The noble, for Stephen recognised the short, fat weasel like face, he was often seen hanging around Henry, but Stephen had never sought to find out who he was, now he started to wish that he had.

The noble clicked his fingers and the men around started to arm themselves and form a circle around Stephen and his followers.

“This don’t look good sire.” Good old faithful Hagwart always pointing out the obvious, but Stephen would not prefer to have anyone else guard his back.

“I am John, 3rd Earl of Warwick and I am in charge of the Hammersmith Heavy Infantry and I will not suffer, Irish riff raff causing problems in our pure English ranks.”
“What event that guy with the watermelon?”

Warwick stopped for a moment and then ploughed on with a stiff upper lip.

“He is still twice the man you are!”

warwick.jpg

Evil English Pig Dog

Silence crept across the night, suddenly swords drawn Stephen and his men charged at the Englishmen!

Last edited:
I think Sir Stephen could use a class in anger management. :D

Joe

The clash of steel rings through the night sky.

battle1.jpg

Brave Ulstermen against the empty food trough wipers

“Traitors! Traitors! Get the King, away, away!” with that Warwick fled into the night as the Irishmen tore through the drunk Englishmen, soon horns and drums sound in the dark.

Hagwart grabbed Sir Stephen, “It is time to be off now milord, I thinks that fat English wanker has got the entire army heading towards us. Lets grab what we can and make for Orleans.”

hogwart.jpg

Hagwart, Good man in a jam or a pickle for that matter

“I don’t run Hagwart I will kill every man I see till I get my revenge on that pig, Warwick.”

“Hoi, there is 20,000 men around the king and I am sure that he will use them all if necessary. If we get away we can leave Warwick thinking he has won and then one day.”

Sir Stephen and Hagwart grin, then yell the men into order and begin grabbing gold, rations and horses, as the sound of tramping boots and the creak of armour is heard not far off, the Irishmen led by their lord flee into the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Storey: I don't think that Sir Stephen will really calm down, I am not that good of a player so I tend to expand like a balloon, so a bloodthristy man is just the guy to lead my land.

Last edited:
I find it really great! Especially (as was said :p) Stephen's temper... He needs anger mangement :D

more updates, anyone??? :D

Th :rofl:

Thanks AmbassadeBelgie, nice to know that someone is enjoying reading this. :)
Nearly getting to the game time, though still not 100% sure which will be the lucky country.

Just a question about posting pictures, if someone could give me a really simple explaination of how it is done I would appreciate it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the Irishmen fled into the night, crossing into Flanders and telling the guards at the first village they came to, that mercenaries of the Dauphine were on their tail.

So while the Burgundian guards attacked the British troops following Sir Stephen, they turned back to the south and disputed French territory.

Riding all night and the next day and night, the exhausted band settle down 5 miles from Rheims to rest. “Sire, what are we going to do?” Hogwart whispers to Sir Stephen.

“I will tell you what we will do! Hogwart, men, friends, brothers. We have seen that no Englishman can ever be trusted! We can not return to our homes in case we bring dishonour and death to our families, I will be sending a letter to my brother Sean to notify him that he is the new lord. Those that want to risk it can leave, but for the rest, we have taken English gold from those traitorous pig dogs before, we will do it again, but this time we will slit their throats first!”

At this a huge cheer erupted from the band. “We will attack English convoys and take their food, we will kill English tax men and steal their gold! We will rampage through English held towns and rape the village and burn the women!”

A slightly confused cheer from the troops. “We will be the thorn in the side of the stupid Henry king and his silly kanigits and get our revenge on bastard that calls himself Warwick and maybe one day return home to what is rightfully ours!” The men stand and scream their approval.

So began the terror that was the Red Hand Band, famous through the disputed lands as a by-word for death, destruction and after a few failed attempts rape and looting.

band.jpg

The band attack English men outside of Picardie

What is ignored by the historians hundreds of years later was the slowing affect the RHB had on the English war in France, had it not been for this desperate band of men Henry would have completed his war years earlier.

For the French the RHB was mixed with fear and hope, were they saviours or demons. The English would flee at the sights of their blood stained flags and pennants.

The Dauphine once met the RHB face to face and lived, the event changed him forever, strengthening his resolve against the English.

But by September of 1418 Stephen and the RHB were under increasing pressure as English, Royal French and Burgundian troops slowly tightened a net around them and pushed them north towards German and Dutch lands.

Was this the end for the RHB?

Last edited:
When we last left our intrepid heroes, Warwick, Henry V and the combined Burgundian and English forces where pushing the RHB into the North and out of France.

“Hogwart, it is time for a change my friend, we can try and slip past the English lines and get back to the south or we can leave for the East, maybe Austria or the Emperor’s court in Hungary. It is time to do more than loot and pillage, I want lands, I want my honour and pride back, I want to feel safe and admired again.”

“Well boss lets head East then, I am sick of sleeping on the ground night after night and we certainly have plenty of gold to do with as we please.”

“Sweet, well where are we now?” “Cleeves boss, little pricks are allied to Burgundy, in fact they are basically Burgundy’s little bitches so we aren’t out of danger yet.”

Turning East to see the sun rise, Sir Stephen and Hogwart led the 45 men left alive into the heart of German lands. After half a day of travel the sounds of battle can be heard, the clash of steel on steel, the cry of man and horse.

Riding on the RHB sees 30 men in yellow and red circling a carriage and 4 or so men in white tabards protecting the doors. On the ground the carriage 10 or so men in white lay dead and 4 or so men of the yellow and red are also motionless. From the top of the carriage flys a flag of a black eagle on a white field.

“What do you think Hoggie?” said Sir Stephen reigning his horse in.
“Always go for the long odds, sire. Lets help out the guys in white, plus the other bastards are probably the Elector of Cleeves men.”
“Alright men, save the carriage kill all who resist. CHARGE!!!!”

The RHB rode forth into the fray quickly and surround the carriage, the well trained calvalry creates confusion and panic in the foot soldiers, many turn to flee and so all are engaged and all are mercilessly cut down. As the last man has his head removed from his shoulders, Sir Stephen dismounts and approaches the carriage.

“ It is alright you can come out now.” Stephen opens the carriage door and ducks as a crossbow bolt parts his hair.

“Come on you spawn of jackals” A man in his late thirties charges out of the door and attempts to impale Stephen with the largest sword he has ever seen, he deftly parries the blow and the man unable to control the huge sword continues forward for several metres before lodging the sword in the ground.

friedrich.jpg

The Excellence of Execution, Elector of Brandburg

“Hang on, just give me a sec and I will kill all of you, you stinking piles of Mongol crap!”
Stephen spins the man around and grabs him by his tunic “We just saved your life so settle down and tells us what is going on here before we kill you all.”

“You aren’t from Cleeves! Who are you?” the man shouts “I Freidrick, Elector of Brandenburg demand that you tell me.”
“Well your Grace, I am Sir Stephen of Antrim and I just saved your ass.”

“OHHH, you’re the Red Hand Band, you are the man that has been causing the English such pains and looting just about anything worth anything in France. The treacherous bastard I was meant to meet in Cleeves is very worried about you.”

“You are friends with Cleeves and Burgundy?”
“No, not really especially since they just tried to kill me, Cleeves wants to grow like his master and thought with me out of the way he could get control of my lands. Oh these are troubled times, I fear for my lands and our way of life.”

“Really have I got a deal for you, but let us move East in case there are more men who want to die with their friends coming up the road.”

So the Elector of Brandenburg and the ex-lord of Antrim headed to the heart of the Holy Roman Empire. They talked of many things of the Electors dream of expansion and of Stephen’s desire for honour and revenge.

So it was that the Elector offered Stephen and his men an estate near Berlin in exchange for 1000 ducats of gold from the spoils of the French loot, Stephen would train a new cavalry army and help train the local troops to a better standard and he must do this by the new year.

Two men filled with pride, arrogance, anger and an unwavering will to become more than they are joined in a pact, the visions of greatness in the future, had no thoughts for the bloodshed of the innocents and the cries of the needy.

town.jpg

A German town unaware of the blood shed about to begin

The future of German lands looks to be filled with violence and blood as proud men gather their strength to step into the pages of history and become gods on Earth.

Last edited:
Outside Berlin-Collin at Sir Stephen’s estate of Ulsterlitz.

ulsterlitz.jpg

Ulsterlitz, get it? :p

Stephen stalks through the halls, since arriving in Brandenburg all Stephen has done has been train troops, recruitment and work on the morale and abilities of the existing men. Suddenly this 20th of December, his steward announces that Freidrich wants to see him, now.

Stephen rips of his gauntlets and hurls them at his page, the boy misses them and the heavy steel gloves hit him in the face. He cries out as he falls to the floor, blood pouring from his nose and lips. Stephen sighs and picks the boy up and places him on his feet, gently pats him on the head and whispers “Always be ready.”

WHAM!

injury.jpg

The damage done

Stephen punches the boy in the already broken nose and he crumples to the ground. Stephen picks him up and continues to the meeting room of his fort.

“Stephen” Freidrich rises all smiles as Stephen walks in, smiles that fade as he notices the boy over his shoulder.

“Freidrich, I still need to work with your son, he is getting better, but is still far too trusting and dare I say it nice.” Stephen slings the boy into an empty chair and the Elector flys to his son and cradles his broken face in his hands.

“What have you done to him?!”
“I taught him a lesson, one I hope he never forgets. Now.” Stephen reaches across and resets the boys nose, he screams before falling unconscious again. Wiping the blood off his face.

“There no real damage done and he is much closer to being the next leader of Brandenburg than he was this morning. Speaking of which my holy and most glorious leader, to what honour do I owe this visit?”

Red with rage, Freidrich turns to face him “This is an outrage, you have dared to lay your hands on my son.”

“For which he will be much more the man, if he can’t take the pressure of battle, the squabbling of local lords and the fact that no man will ever be able to be trusted then Brandenburg will be taken over by the forces that stir chaos into the world. Freidrich for too long have I been a man of peace I need to feel the blood of a another man on my face and the sound of a skull cracking open as my sword hacks through bone. Do not tempt me to make this man you!”

“Stephen, we must stop this arguing! Our plans are coming to fruition, the world is ripe with unrest, we have our allies in Pomerania and Saxony. You have done sterling work into turning these men into a army of killers. But we must know what are we going to do with them, I can not afford to simply have these men hanging around.”

“Very well soon the 1 day of a new year dawns, we have to strike at the most vicious and capable of our enemies. Even now the pious and honourable Teutonic Order and their vassal are being attacked, by the vile Poles and their near savage allies the Lithuanians. We must attack them and take away their ability to strike at good solid German people.”

“Yes, and once we start liberating our brethren, they will understand that we need to follow the traditions and ways of the Brandenburg Germans and we shall be the supreme force in Northern Europe, perhaps all Europe!”

“Yes Freidrich, though I fear that will not happen in our time, but we will find glory and God on the battlefield. All I ask is that when we can we turn and sail across the seas and take back my lands and those of my forefathers, then the ancestors of the traitor Warwick will fall to our blades.”

“Let us drink to success”
“No to the pain that others shall feel, MWHAHAHAHAHA.”
“Stephen, you are one weird ass knight, you got problems buddy.”

drinking.jpg

The guys drink to success, man are they hard or what?

Last edited:
For anybody still actually reading this, it is finally here game time.
I am playing Brandenburg on normal/normal cause I am a wimp and a shit palyer. It is 1.08 AGCEEP cause it has some cool events.
The aims are to control all German culture states, hopefully to become HRE.
To conquer Ulster/Eire and then take annex England.

I have played the first 30 or so years and am going well. If any body can tell me how to put pictures in I would be grateful. :)

BBBD said:
I am playing Brandenburg on normal/normal cause I am a wimp and a shit palyer. It is 1.08 AGCEEP cause it has some cool events.

I have played the first 30 or so years and am going well. If any body can tell me how to put pictures in I would be grateful. :)

You open an account at www.photobucket.com and you upload your pictures. Under every picture you will see an IMG tag you can copy / paste into your AAR.

BBBD said:

I dunno why people say normal/normal is for wimps. If you can survive the initial onslaught, the more furious settings are easier because the AI doesn't build up. At least you aren't using cheat codes (are you? :D)

This looks good! I'll be curious to see how you do!

@ Meurtenu: Thanks for the tip I think I am all ready to go and the pictures look go so my next post sound be a lot more colourful.
@ Catknight: I just want an AAR were I don't get overtaken in 50 years, I did change the position of Brandenburg with some cash and a bonus to research to simulate Sir Stephen's knowledge of war and his help to the Brandenburg cause.

For those that like the blood thirsty man, it will get a lot more bloody over the next few posts. My first war nearly cost me everything.

December 24 1418.

The Elector’s Keep in the outskirts of Berlin-Collin.

“Ah Friedrich! Our last meeting of the year how have things been progressing?” The Earl of the Northern Mark, Earl Gundren slurs drunkenly as he enters the Elector’s private residence 23 minutes late for the meeting.

“I thought I requested your presence at 7 Gundren, I do not appreciate being kept waiting. I also do not appreciate you being drunk at this most important meeting of our times.”

“It is Christ Mass Elector and I was celebrating with the loyal men of my lands that keep the Danes from slaughtering you in your bed!”

earl.jpg

The Old Earl's get back to school program was highly successful

The Earl face red with rage and hand clumsily gripping his sword staggers forth brushing of his sons ineffectually hand.

SWATCH!

The Earl’s face contorts in pain as he falls to his knees a sword point showing through his chest.

“My Lord Elector, I present to you the New Earl of the Northern Mark Earl Hans third of his name.” Stephen thrusts the sword away from him and pushes the young man past his dying father.

“My Lord I must protest“ Lord Kristoff leaps from his chair in horror“Sir Stephen this is an outrage.”

“My dear Kristoff, please be seated, what we will plan today will be the greatest achievement of our time. We are here to plan the expansion of our lands and wealth and men like Gundren have no place in our new world” Says Friedrich rising from his chair.

“With the extra money that Sir Stephen has brought in we have increased our forces by 10,000 cavalry, Sir Stephen has also trained our troops to a better standard of fighting and quality of men. We will begin our campaign soon. I am here to remind you who you owe your loyalty to and that there will be handsome rewards for those he maintain their loyalty. You are dismissed have a holy Mass gentlemen”

As the doors close behind the last lord, Friedrich turns to Stephen “ You don’t think you were a little bit harsh kill Gundren, he was loyal if simple minded fool.”

“Precisely the reason why I had to do it. I will be off then I travel to move the men from Magdeburg to the staging point on the Oder, I will see that someone is despatched to Stettin to invite him to our alliance. My Grace”
“Excellent I will see you at the Oder in a few months.”
Stephen bows and the men part.

BrabAAR1-1-1419.jpg

THE FIRST POLISH WAR

On January the 1st 1419 Friedrich passes the armaments laws, aimed at improving the army, no man with one arm shorter than the other can join the army.

Two days later on the shores of the Baltic, Stephen’s emissary met with a Stettin delegation and signed a pact of understanding.

Stephen arrived at staging point 2 in late February, for a few weeks attempts had been made to contact the Teutonic Order and when he arrived Stephen redoubled those efforts eventually a ambassador was sent via Pomerania past the besieged lands of Kustrin to the Teutons would gladly arranged a marriage between the Grand Master’s second daughter and the new Earl of the Northern Mark and in exchange the Teutonic Order would allow Brandenburg troops to cross their borders freely.

The documents and nuptials happened in early April in a beautiful ceremony on the banks of the Oder and the flower of Germanic nobility, who noted the proud bearing of the Elector and the strange new fire in his eyes.

May 28 1419 Somewhere on the banks of the Oder

“So gentleman we are agreed the attack will commence on 1 June, the main army will attack first and once engaged the secondary army will the march in and engage. We must make sure this province does not fall into Polish hands my Lords if it does then there is no telling what those degenerates might do. On to the breach my soldiers once more onto the breach.”

So the meeting for the best military minds that Brandenburg had to offer headed their separate ways, the plan was fool proof except for one thing.
On the 12 of June not one but two armies charged at the massed ranks of Poles holding the Oder, horses could be seen heading off in the distance obviously seeking reinforcements from the siege happening only 5 miles away.
As the two Brandenburg armies hit the Polish shield wall, Friedrich managed to fight is way over to the black clad and skull helmeted Stephen.

“Stephen you fool what are you doing here?”
“What I am doing here, what are you doing here? I am leading the main force!”
“I am leading the main force I am elector here, I lead from the front!!!!”
“Shit, we will discuss this later, if you want to fight then fight!!!”

Stephen spurred his horse into the midst of the enemy troops and begin hacking around him with great glee and enthusiasm. After 3 days of fighting the Poles had concentrated their troops to holding in the Brandenburgers at what ever cost. And what a cost they paid of the 25,000 in the province facing the 26,000 enemies nearly 22,000 Polish bodies were left to litter the plains, but the numerically superior Brandenburg armies were pushed back. Sitting on the far bank of Oder Stephen and Friedrich meet.

“Well that could have gone better.” mutters Stephen
“Better, it is a tragedy we have lost the war, I will lose everything! Why did I listen to you, I have lost the support of Stettin and Saxony. I have just heard that Saxony will rejoin us, but Stettin refuses to join us saying that we are digging our own grave. Oh God why have you forsaken me?” Friedrich crumples to the ground.

“Friedrich, trust me. Once the men are rested we will return you will lead the first army, I will join you 5 days after and we will unite our forces once across the Oder.”
“Why bother, we will just be killed.”
“Just do it Friedrich or I will kill you here and know to save you the heart ache.”

18 October 1419

Friedrich stands on the battlefield, the last remanets of the Polish forces are being herded in groups to be killed by Sir Stephen himself, the man seems manic driven swords, spears, nails and any object he can find deep into human flesh till the movement and life within is snuffed out.

Kristoff approaches “My Lord, shouldn’t we have leniency on the Poles, there are not animals.”

Kirstoff.jpg

Kristoff, Kind, Honourable, Fair. And he's a ruler! Does he even kill pets???

“Kristoff, a few months ago I thought to flee to Brandenburg and wait for the Poles to come for my head. That man made me continue and now the way is clear to Poland proper and these innocent Germans can resume their lives. No he can kill whoever and whatever he wants, anytime he wants, he will lead us to greatness. Now we head to Ponzan to take what is rightfully ours!”

“Yes my Lord.” Kristoff bows, but his look at the retreating back of Friedrich says more than he every could……and still retain his head.

Last edited:
Soon after victory in Kustrin, the nobles meet to decide what to do.

"My lord we should cover the Polish lands and stop them from making troops, that is what the learned masters say will lead you to victory." Kristoff stands with the majority of the nobles in attendance agreeing and cheering their new champion.

"Freidrich, don't listen to this young fool, if we cover the polish lands we will have to create more soldiers at a higer cost and then the Liths could ride into Poland and defeat our small armies. I care not for what the Keeper of Laws, or the Egg of FrogBeast and some guy called Ebbesen have written in their tired doctrines of war. This is a new war a war of righteousness. God has choosen you to bring Europe together and bring the light into their life."

Stephen stood with his small band of supporters, mostly young or impoverished nobles who had nothing to lose and everything to gain, except, well except for a small man who stood by his side and looked upon Stephen as if he were a god, Freidrich II next Elector of Brandenburg.

Freidrich stood "Gentlemen we must take the province of Poznan before we go any further, Poland is often icelocked in winter and we cannot have our men wasting away in the snow, besides Sir Stephen is right and if we splinter our men, then the Liths will cross the border and slaughter us like the animals that they are, now the Tuetons have taken and annexed the Poles lap dogs in Masovia and are moving into the heartland of Poland, this will allow us to take the Poznan and then steal the seige when I turn up and demand the land from them. Now enough begin moving out. Sir Stephen a word please."

As the nobles leave many shooting glares at Stephen like it was going out of fashion, Freidrich's son stood rigid next to Stephen, refusing to move.

"My son leave us please."
"No father, my place is by my lords side."
"Son your dedication to your squirely duties is honourable, but I have important business to discuss that does not concern you."
"No father I want to stay and I WILL!"

SMACK

Stephen clubs Freidrich to the ground with the back of his elbow, the boy shakes every so often and then lies still.

injury2.jpg

Friedrich the Second after the war and before his surgery

"Freidi, NO!" Friedrich drops to his son's side.
"Friedrich I thought you had something to discuss with me, the boy will be fine, but he must learn that his lord's lord can command him at anytime as he commands his lord."
"oh yes, ummm.....ah. Stephen I know that you still pine for your wife in your home lands, but I need you to marry again."
Looking horrified Stephen exclaims "But my wife is still alive!"
"But she divorced you and married your brother!"
"She had too, to legitimise his rule, but I am still married."
"Did she have to allow your son to run away and get himself killed on Warwicks lands?"

Stephen betrays himself with silent tears.
"Enough Stephen, I have choosen your bride a love Bohemian girl, she is the Princess Eremtrude, and she is from the Catholic side, which we will play to seeing as we must be ready to defend them from the Hussite scum."

princess.jpg

Lovely Eremtrude, wouldn't you take a mistress too???

"As your lord wishes" Stephen salutes, picks up Freidi and leaves to go back to his troops.

Poznan, early 1920
"Sire the town is capitulating, we have total control of the province, but the Tuetons have abandoned their seige of Weikoplski and the garrison there has been reinforced."
"What about Polish troops? Any news on them?"
"No major news sir, a few thousand in small waves, but nothing major. The Tuetons tell us that the Liths are riding across into the Livonian lands and they must go to defend them."
"Fine, send the order out we move on to gain more territory."

As Freidrich goes to ride back to his command tent, a monk on a lively mule rides up.
"My leige, I have a message from the Bishop of Berlin-Collin."
"Who the devil are you?"
"My leige such blasphemy, I am the reverand Gilbert Ensullivan, secertary to his Holiness the Bishop Tutu of Berlin-Collin. I have come to tell you that your dog, Sir Stephen and his disgusting acts of depravity have offended his holiness and he demands that you enable us to denounce war and killing in at the pulpit. If you don't I am sure that his holiness can make a lot of trouble for you."

minks.jpg

Friedrich was not sure the Pope had the right idea for recuriting monks

"Fine Sullivan, just make sure that he doesn't personally attack any of my nobles or he will be explaining to God, why he did so."
Freidrick turns his horse, knocking Sullivan to the ground and rides off.

(Clergy demands concessions, -1 innovativeness)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hope that the writing style is enjoyable, if you have any suggestions or requests for invasions let me know. :)

Last edited:
THE CHRONICLES OF THE ODER

So the war progressed, the noble Brandenburg men pushed on through Polish lands, with the Lithuanian hordes contained in the Teutonic and Livonian lands, the Army of Brandenburg had free reign through the Polish lands.

First Weilkopolska fell with the looting and raping of the populace kept to a minimum by strong leadership by the King and Stephen. The Brandenburgers hurried on the knights used to stop the movement of people in the province and the infantry surrounding the major holdings in the province and then the resistance was sieged out the province.

After Weilkopolska fell the Brandenburgers march to the capital in Krakow and the Polish court flees to the south.

victory.jpg

Celebration in Krakow

On arriving at the outskirts of the city the infantry are assaulted by the combined cavalry forces of Poland, though outmanned the Poles are nearly routing the Germans when Stephen arrives from the border with superior cavalry which slaughters the Poles from the rear.

After only 6 months the capital falls and the city is looted and left as a burnt husk of it’s former glory.

Then the BA relieve the Teuton garrison in Masovia which had been taken by Poland, the new Teuton forces arrive and gifts are exchanged between the King and the Governor of Masovia, a French Knight the Duc Louis Lombard.

In the battle tent of King Friedrich a conference ends with Duke Stephen being out voted and a peace emissary being sent to the Polish King.

After 3 months of waiting it is learned that the Poles killed him after he delivered his message.

With a renewed mandate for war the Duke marches back into Krakow where he attacks a Polish army attempting to liberate the province. The attack is stifled by the wintry conditions in which the large number of cavalry are bogged down in the muddy fields, after singled handedly killing the Polish commander the Brandenburg army holds the field, but yet there is not enough troops to move on.

More Germans are recruited to be sent to the fray.

With the Brandenburg aristocracy focusing their attention on the east, Saxony is left to their own devices and offer their lands to their allies in Meissen which jump at the chance to double their lands. Friedrich sends a warning to Meissen not to interfere in Brandenburg’s dominion.

In March of 1423, shortly after the birth of Stephen’s first son Moldovia pays their entire treasury to end the war. Seeing as we had not fought them for 2 years this was a pleasant surprise.

Soon after the Hussite teachings begin to crop up in Magdeburg, not waiting to spend cash Friedrich allows them to continue causing much grief and unhappiness in the realm.

At least that year was a quiet one as the two armies just stare at each other, with the new troops moving into Galizien in July the first action in months, the Brandenburg army settles down to wait.

The year of 1424 caused the biggest threat since the start of the war, with Poland offering 25,000 to the Teutonic alliance, peace soon freezes the north, what will happen to the Brandenburg armies?

Well first the Poles retake Krakow the Polish King send messengers to the Duke of Lithuania demanding he bring a force to his aid. Soon the charismatic Duke sieges Podlaisa, after Galizien falls Friedrich attacks the pathetic army stationed in Krakow.

The great poet Hans Gruber described the fateful battle.

“Lords of the True Race rode straight and true to kill the frightful foe,
But as the sea is ruled by the tides, so are men ruled by God,
He turned his face from his true believers and they cried as the Great North fell,
Friedrich the True fell his stand would never be the same,
The fighters turned to the Irish lord, but he held the friend of old is his arms,
The panic the blood spread over our noble faces and the foe won the ground.”

What had happened was that Friedrich’s horse had thrown him and his leg was broken, (he would never lead his troops into battle) the Brandenburgers looked to Duke Stephen, but he had the body of Hogwart in his hands (he had died protecting his lord from a stray arrow) ignoring the armies plight Stephen took the body of his friend from the field, the remaining troops feed after their King and Commander.

end.jpg

The Battle, notice Stephen singing the Ulster song of passing to Hagwart in the corner

Soon reinforcements arrived and Stephen after sending his brother in arms body back to his estate retakes Krakow, but the tide has turned the Liths are rapidly retaking all of the lands taken.

Stettin meets with a number of nobles loyal to the old ways and soon Friedrich resting in Berlin becomes aware that a group of Western nobles sick of the war are planning a revolution, Kristoff taking a large amount of the treasury manages to appease the nobles and stave off revolt.

Two months later peace is declared as the the province of Poznan becomes part of the Reich.

Marching through Poznan a young man approaches Stephen, the man has a tattered appearance and looks to have had recent burns to his face and arms.

“My Lord my name is Johan, I am an Alchemist but I want to join you as I think I can be useful for you in the future.” The man bows low and then falls over in the mud.
Dismounting Stephen approaches him “An Alcymist you say, oh yes no eyebrows, strange eyeballs……Hey why not I need someone to watch over the Poles in this province can you take half my me and look after it for me.”
“I live for you my Lord”

Jan.jpg

Johan, and his strange medicine

And so the war ended, the Brandenburg forces were split and peace settled over the land.

Would it LAST??????

Last edited:
The Choice of North & South

1425 Berlin Cathedral
Drums were beaten, trumpets sounded as the Lord of Pommern and his daughter, Elisbeth made their way into the city.

After an expensive gift of golden icons and religious statues had been delivered to his most Catholic Lord of Pommern he had agreed to give his only daughter as bride to Lord Kristoff.

Meanwhile in the Brandenstag an emergency meeting of the Brandeliament had been called.

"And so the Lord of the North has arranged his marriage with the Lady Elisbeth with Brandenburg gold from the coffers of our King, not from his own estates. Why my leige was this... this North oaf chosen to have this honour when many of your more loyal, faithful and above all German subjects would have been better choices." With those words Helmit Gruber, Earl of east Poznan and Guardian of the Oder River bowed.

Gruber was known as firmly in the Southern Brandenburg political structure, a tool of the Dukes of the Southern Territories now lead by Sir Stephen.

"How dare you impune my honour you toad, you are no better than a Czech and dare call yourself a Lord and a christian. It is known that in your half of Poznan, Hussite teachings have been running rampant and a good some of gold had to be paid by the King to stop them from rebelling. You would be suitable to marry a pig, let alone that fat whore of a dog you currently bed with." Jerome Beckenbrow, Earl of West Poznan.

The insult continued to fly as the scandal of the use of royal funds to grease the way for Lord Kristoff to marry Elisbeth, the young, attractive and troughly shaggable heir to Pommern.

The factions that vied for the Kings attention and rewards had solidified in the past 2 years of fighting and year of peace as Sir Stephen and Lord Kristoff became the figureheads for the nobles of the North and the South.

Already minor battles had been fought in woods and small villages, Jerome had become Earl of West Poznan after his father-in-law Hanz had been killed by a Southern squire in a tourney thrown by the Duke of Poznan, Johann. Tension were at a knife edge.

"Enough!! The simple matter of fact is that as one of my most senior nobles and with lands bordering Pommern it makes sense. Today is the wedding day what is done is done, it will hopefully lead to better times in the future and more lands for our people so accept it and move on." Friedrich bawled from his throne and then swept from the room.

As the various nobles and squires left the room there was soom not so gentle pushing, insults and face pulling. The last two men left in the room were Stephen and Kristoff.

"You should be getting ready." Kristoff smiled at Stephen "Well with our children itching for battle like this I am not sure that today is a good day to get married."

"Well is any day a good day? But enough Ermetrude has told me that my son Herman grows each day and wants to see his grandfather." "So what has that got to do with anything?"

"The Hussites have offical annexed Romanist Bohemia, they held the capital for the past year and Ermetrude's father has been locked up, now he is finally released and comes to see us, I plan to make sure that the German provinces in Bohemia do not toil under Hussite rule, so I can let you know that the Southern nobles will soon have their hands full.

So go enjoy yourself and work as hard as you can to make sure that the Pommerian fool makes you his heir. I may not like you and you may hate me, but the kingdom must flourish." Stephen then turned on his heel and went to leave.

"The English lost you know"

"What?"

"The English have lost Calias and their last bastion in France, the new France with King Loius and that Warwick's son died defending the walls. Just thought you would like to know seeing as you hate England and Warwick."

"Thanks...so it is a happy day for both of us. Best wishes to your bride."

Last edited:
Good stuff. It's nice to read about such a well-behaved conqueror. ;)

If I may offer one suggestion, use line breaks between paragraphs and speakers. Lots of white space makes reading easier on the eye. Especially these tired old eyes.

For example, this:

1425 Berlin Cathedral
Drums were beaten, trumpets sounded as the Lord of Pommern and his daughter, Elisbeth made their way into the city.
After an expensive gift of golden icons and religious statues had been delivered to his most Catholic Lord of Pommern he had agreed to give his only daughter as bride to Lord Kristoff.
Meanwhile in the Brandenstag an emergency meeting of the Brandeliament had been called.
"And so the Lord of the North has arranged his marriage with the Lady Elisbeth with Brandenburg gold from the coffers of our King, not from his own estates. Why my leige was this... this North oaf chosen to have this honour when many of your more loyal, faithful and above all German subjects would have been better choices." With those words Helmit Gruber, Earl of east Poznan and Guardian of the Oder River bowed. Gruber was known as firmly in the Southern Brandenburg political structure, a tool of the Dukes of the Southern Territories now lead by Sir Stephen.
"How dare you impune my honour you toad, you are no better than a Czech and dare call yourself a Lord and a christian. It is known that in your half of Poznan, Hussite teachings have been running rampant and a good some of gold had to be paid by the King to stop them from rebelling. You would be suitable to marry a pig, let alone that fat whore of a dog you currently bed with." Jerome Beckenbrow, Earl of West Poznan.

Looks better like this:

1425 Berlin Cathedral

"And so the Lord of the North has arranged his marriage with the Lady Elisbeth with Brandenburg gold from the coffers of our King, not from his own estates. Why my leige was this... this North oaf chosen to have this honour when many of your more loyal, faithful and above all German subjects would have been better choices."

With those words Helmit Gruber, Earl of east Poznan and Guardian of the Oder River bowed. Gruber was known as firmly in the Southern Brandenburg political structure, a tool of the Dukes of the Southern Territories now lead by Sir Stephen.

Keep up the good work.

LD

Continuation of Peace 1426-1431

And so with the marriage over and the nobles sent back to their lands, grumblings continued between the North and the South.

But apart from the odd spat at feasts and a memborable wedgy given to Helmut Gruber by Johan at a tournament in 1427, the nobles had backed away from civil war and after being feted by the king at different events the balance returned.

However the teachings of the Hussites and Orthodox believers caused torment in many provinces, the result was great expenditure to make the peasents realise were their place was.

Obviously it was at the bottom cleaning horse shit from the boots of Sir Stephen, but the peasents were satisfied as money and bread poured into the realm.

1428 in Poznan palace

Famous war hero and liberator of France, Duke Richemont agreed to give his daughters hand in marriage to Johan the Alchymst.

After a further gift from the King, Richemont gave the rest of here as well. The Brandenburgers looked on this vicious French bastard as a hero and his friendship with Sir Stephen and Lord Gruber made the South proud.

"My Leige! My Leige!"
"Yes, what is it?"
A panting page passes a note to Friedrich.

My Leige,

I here by present my great invention to you.

It is called spacing and it will revolutionise the army.

When you space out sentences it is easier to read and so the army will not get it's orders confused, nor the officers headaches from trying to read.

Your faithful servant

Lord Durham

"Marvellous, the quality of our army continues to blossom. I demand that all our old documents be formatted with this new technology. HAHAHA, now fetch my mistress. MMMMMM Mistresses!"

And so thanks to Lord Durham the quality of the army increased.

Sometime in 1430

After the death of their King and the two heirs to the throne, Pommern decided to allow the duchy to pass on to the King's only daughter and wife of the new Ducal Consort Kristoff.

Immediately the lands were put under Brandenburg vassalage, the part went for a good while, in these heady days the North/South rivalry seemed a thing of the past.

But a new challenge and opportunity was fast approaching one that may cause the balance to shift.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Lord Durham Thanks for the advice I have editted the previous posts so hopefully it will be better from now on.

Beautiful. My eyes thank you. Got any mistresses left over? ;)

Lord Durham, I am sure I can get one of Sir Stephen's mistress' ready for you, I hope you like Blondes with major jugs, I mean MAJOR jugs. Cause in Brandenburg there a lots. Also some may be a bit damaged, Stephen likes to ah...play with his women a bit rough.

Brandeliament 1431 late July

"We are being sold out by Sir Stephen and his pack of greedy weasels and stoats."

Hans the Lord of the Northern Mark continued to tirade for the next hour on how the Degenerates had polluted the waters of pure Brandenburg and that it was time for a change.

As the catcalls and insults few around the room a dark, electrical, bloodthristy presnece seemed to fill the room, so much so that you could almost taste it, metallic and sharp on the tongue.

"I swear that Stephen is considering revolting away to the Tuetonic Order, he has been having meetings with Lords in Kustrin and in Poznan, he and his sick ffffreak Johan are obviously thinking of taking their lands to join with them and kill us all."

"Hans, you make serious allegations, are you sure that you want to do?" The King spoke from his throne.

"Certainly My Leige, even if Stephen is not going to revolt, his behaviour to his staff and servants, his squire you son My Leige, is nothing short of disgraceful. Tales of beatings, rape and murder and that is only in the castle itself, in his domion the people do not know whether to praise or cruse him. Acts of great kindness are followed by violence almost at random. The daughter of an innkeeper being raped before her fathers eyes, and when he complained Stephen took his turn at her and paid the man 12 ducats for it. I demand that something be done."

With that Hans stands and looks at Sir Stephen, who stares at him with little emotion and unblinking eyes.

Suddenly a page enters the room bows to the King and presents Sir Stephen with a scroll and leaves.

Sir Stephen quickly scans the scroll, a sly smile on his face and then stands.

"My Leige, Lords, honourable guests and this huge donkey turd who acuses me of disloyalty, ME? I who have extended these lands before and have done so again. Friedrich if you will."

Sir Stephen hands the scroll to the King and takes a step back. The King quicklys reads, then rereads in disbelief.

"It is from the Grandmaster of the Tuetonic Order, it is the deeds of land around Kustrin, in exchange for the first daughter of the Lord of the Northern Mark and a sum of gold."

Uproar in the Brandeliament! Both sides yelling, eventually the King regains order.

"My assembled nobles with this gain we kill two birds with one stone, we unite our lands as one and also we gain new lands to move you nobles that continue to pressure me for more. Tonight Brandenburg rises to GREATNESS!"

"My Lord, I must protest my daughter is not ready to marry, she is only 7. I will not allow it."

"Hans, the kingdom needs it, unfortunately the grandmaster has a taste for young flesh and your daughter popped to mind."

Grinning Sir Stephen places a hand on Hans' shoulder as he finishes

"I am sure he will make her a woman soon enough."

With that a brawl erupts.

Beatings on either side as North fights South, with Stephen and Hans in the middle until Stephen throws Hans down with a GERMAN suplex and breaks his neck.

03.jpg

Hans goes for the Ride as his brother tries to stop Stephen and Friedrich freaks out

Suddenly Friedrich succeeds in getting the guards into start clearing the room and all that is left is Hans lying on the floor eyes wide, blood trickling from his mouth.

Last edited:
As the guards escorted the nobles still trying to fight each other out of the keep, the honour guards of each noble ran to aid their various masters.

Soon a full armed battle was taking place in front of the gates of Friedrich's castle. News spread around the city taking all by surprise, the standing Brandenburg army began to surround the city and quickly moved to seize the key points in the city as variuos factions and guilds moved to support their choosen side.

In the Royal Rumble of 1431, the area around Friedrich's castle was surrounded by the rich and powerful, various nobles, retainers, merchant princes and guild masters.

Seeing the battle developing between the Northern and Southern Lords, these powerful men ordered there servants, guards, kin and kith into the fray to aid the side that had helped them rise to power.

Fully 15,000 men met for battle in various parts of the city as the army desperately tried to regain control. Soon the city was divided into enclaves of troops loyal to either crown, North or South.

Surprisingly it was the poor that tipped the balance of the battle, by refusing any troops to enter the poor quarter and the river quarter of the city, except for loyal crown men. They allowed the crown armies to surround and cut off various elements from the main battle.

As fighting continued for the 15th day with both noble and crown armies near exhaustion, bugles sounded as Johan arrived with the Western army and a new bred of nobles from the West. They joined with the crown forces and tipped the scales, soon the only fighting left was the nobles retinues themselves.

The town square held 3,000 men still fighting, clawing, biting, trying to survive. Suddenly the tramp of boots was heard echoing around the square as the now united crown forces hurried into position.

With bows long and short, cavalry and experienced footmen casting a net around them the nobles one by one surrendered, not wanting to be too disloyal to the crown.

Friedrich incensed by the actions of his most trusted and most valuable ordered that they all be placed under arrest and kept under guard in a makeshift jail 5 miles from the city.

In this squalid hell hole 5,230 men and boys were kept without shelter and more often than not without food for 3 months while order was restored to the land.

Nobles who had never slept anywhere than a large feather bed, in the dirt. Lords used to banquets went hungry. Dukes used to power, beaten by thieves and vangabonds.

So by October the toll had been counted, fully 24,000 people had died during the fight or from their wounds later on. 23 city blocks had ot be demolished due to fire and structural damage. 136 estates and offices had lost their occupants, of the nobles that died (mostly in the first few minutes) 28 had no heir in the kingdom to replace them and their estates were taken back by the crown.

The title and lands of the Northen Mark were revoked and his daughter packed of to the Tuetonic Order. The Grandmaster protested that his future sons would have no inheritance, but that feel on deaf ears.

Friedrich began trials of the men held prisoner, most of the lower men (squires, servants, etc) were pardoned or branded with marks for treason. The higher the rank the more severe the punishment.

art.jpg

Nobles executed outside Berlin-Collen​

The first noble to be executed was Helmut Gruber, he was cited as the first man to draw his sword. 20 other nobles were sentenced to death, many more lost their titles and lands, sometimes their sword arm.

Soon only two men remained in prison, Duke Kristoff and Sir Stephen.
Friedrich order them to see him together.

Friedrich: You two have done so much for my kingdom yet between you have nearly destroyed it. Your contempt for each other, my laws and for the love of Christ MY KINGDOM, is a shame that can only be washed away with blood.

Stephen: My Lord, we have only ever been faithful to you, our eyes have been opened to the disunity we have caused. In heavens name we ask for clemency.

Kristoff: Yes my king, let us know what we can do and it shall be done. Anything just let us serve you.

F: I have no intention of having you killed, for that would destroy the kingdom as the various people that support you would surely rise. No your punishment will suit the crime.

S & F: Your will be done my lord.

F: Stephen, your wife will be given to the Brandenburg Army to be used as they see fit for 30 days, she will then be hung, drawn and quartered.

S: But Friedrich she cares for my 5 year old!

F: Then you better hope that someone will still want to marry you after they see her fate, besides I hear she cares for everyone except your son! Kristoff as I can't take your wife from you without risking losing Pomern lands. Your first female child will be taken as raised by whores till she comes of age and then I will have your heir use her and kill her. It will take some time, but this I decree and my will be done.

K: Lord, please hurt me, hurt me, it was I who did this not her. Please spare her, take me. She is only 5 she will..

F: Silence, My will be done or so help me I will destroy you entirely.

Shocked both men bow and stumble from the keep, tears streaming down their faces. 30 Royal Lancers follow each man to claim the ladies the King requests.

So end the Royal Rumble 1431 and peace, heart broken and bloody returned to the land.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game note: After purchasing Kustrin, a huge revolt happened in the capital and I had to rush my army from Poznan to guarantee victory.

Last edited: