• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(45817)

Recruit
Jun 30, 2005
I have followed the instructions for annexing majors, but I can't for the life of me, seem to edit my save-game so that I can annex. Right now, I am playing as France and I have all of Spain's provinces/colonies in my control, but I still cannot annex them.

Can someone please help me by giving me a step by step detail of how to edit the save-game?

Thanks so much!

You won't be able to edit the saved game to make a major country into a minor; you have to edit the scenario file. I have never tried doing the GC with less than seven majors, so I don't know if that will work, but you can certainly alter which countries are majors.

-Pat

It is quite possible to have scenarios with less than seven majors, be the scenario GC or not.

As for making such scenarios, the IGC is the quickest way, but once you have learnt how to do it you can simply make it yourself.

-

Editing savegames to remove major status is slightly more twiddly, so make sure you backup your files first.

You need to change your savegame both at the loading screen (the first page or two of the savegame) where you remove the reference to the nation you no longer want to be a major. After that you search the file for "major = yes" until you find the one that belongs to the TAG of said major. Change this to "major = no" and you are set for annexation.
(I only did this once, after that I made sure to edit scenario files to have only one major instead - much less fuss)